Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU/USD Solution--Million Dollar Game

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    I'm not sure about that, Chuck Norris kicked a dead horse so hard one time........ it died again.
    I thought Chuck kicked a dead horse so hard...it came back to life.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      If you don't like the thread then you don't have to read it but let those who want to discus the topic continue, with that said, aye aye cap'n.
      There are various threads in the smack section discussing this topic to GREAT lengths. Head over there to read exactly what is being discussed on this topic.

Comment

By the time the u becomes relevent enough for the Jacks to consider playing them, CAS will have been redone and nobody will want to waste their time sitting at some crappy high school hybrid field in another town when the Jacks play in a top of the line D1 stadium.

Beside, the little u has other things that they should think about. After all, the women played one of their first home games in a high school gym.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          By the time the u becomes relevent enough for the Jacks to consider playing them, CAS will have been redone and nobody will want to waste their time sitting at some crappy high school hybrid field in another town when the Jacks play in a top of the line D1 stadium.

Beside, the little u has other things that they should think about. After all, the women played one of their first home games in a high school gym.
          Great post for a rookie! Rep points to you!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Great post for a rookie! Rep points to you!
            I appreciate the nod. I will put the points into an annuity. It is still to risky to put them into a 401(k).
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
              I thought Chuck kicked a dead horse so hard...it came back to life.
              It did, thats how it was able to die again maybe.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

For those of you who have no idea what this Chuck Norris talk is all about...

Here you go!
                http://chucknorrisfacts.com/

Comment

Now that I've thought about it...F**k USD. Schedule good teams, beat them, get respect in the FCS, and the interest of casual fans will rise as will their donations. It may take a while longer, but it will provide a better ground work.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Wasn't it a round-house kick to the horse's head?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      Now that I've thought about it...F**k USD. Schedule good teams, beat them, get respect in the FCS, and the interest of casual fans will rise as will their donations. It may take a while longer, but it will provide a better ground work.
                      You and other fans (myself included to a large degree) can think this way, but sooner or later we will be playing USD again in football. That is reality, and if we play hardball to the point of p!ssing the wrong people off, it is a reality that will be forced upon us on someone else's terms (whether legislative, BOR, conference, or other).

I believe that if we continue on the trail we have blazed, the interest of casual fans will rise and donations will rise, too.

The SDSU administration has been very forward thinking in regards to the move to Division I. I trust their leadership, and I hope that they continue to play the angles to ensure the long term success of SDSU athletics.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        You and other fans (myself included to a large degree) can think this way, but sooner or later we will be playing USD again in football. That is reality, and if we play hardball to the point of p!ssing the wrong people off, it is a reality that will be forced upon us on someone else's terms (whether legislative, BOR, conference, or other).

I believe that if we continue on the trail we have blazed, the interest of casual fans will rise and donations will rise, too.

The SDSU administration has been very forward thinking in regards to the move to Division I. I trust their leadership, and I hope that they continue to play the angles to ensure the long term success of SDSU athletics.
                        I have come to think that, given our struggles to get a decent crowd in November along with the difficulty of the MVFC schedule, a late-season, out-of-conference game at CAS with USD in 2013 isn't such a bad idea. I think it unlikely that a MVFC team would play an independent team on their field. USD should come to CAS a few times and if they're ever in a conference, then we can talk about a home-and-home.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          50 bucks a ticket? What the hell are you smoking?
                          I may be wrong, but you can plan on paying $60 at the Gophers game next year.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            I have come to think that, given our struggles to get a decent crowd in November along with the difficulty of the MVFC schedule, a late-season, out-of-conference game at CAS with USD in 2013 isn't such a bad idea. I think it unlikely that a MVFC team would play an independent team on their field. USD should come to CAS a few times and if they're ever in a conference, then we can talk about a home-and-home.
                            Don't mean to be a stickler here JJ, but USD does have a conference. While, it may not have an automatic qualifier, they still do have a conference. I just don't want any udot guys to come in here and flame away thinking that we don't think the GWFC is a conference. Don't need to add any fuel to their fire to try to start online fighting.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

We could play them on the pheasant opener every year.... AT CAS..... Dude the legislature isn't going to get involved.... the BOR isn't going to get involved, as long as SDSU is bringing in good teams to CAS they won't... now if we start scheduling like Udot and seeing how many NAIA schools we can get into CAS I could maybe see them doing something.... but there is no way somebody is going to come in and say you have to play at the dome.... all what SDSU has to do is say well you know we do average about 10,000 a game.... thats more then the inflated total Udot reports every game....

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                Don't mean to be a stickler here JJ, but USD does have a conference. While, it may not have an automatic qualifier, they still do have a conference. I just don't want any udot guys to come in here and flame away thinking that we don't think the GWFC is a conference. Don't need to add any fuel to their fire to try to start online fighting.
                                True. But do you think the GWFC is their final home? UC Davis is exploring a move to FBS. No autobid is on the horizon. The basketball version of the conference is really just a scheduling alliance. I'm guilty of a lack of clarity there. I was thinking five years from now and I don't have a lot of confidence that the GWFC will hold together until then.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X