Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Picture #62 of Jacks Recruit Chase Douglas throwing the shot at Howard Wood:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...H&Profile=1002

This one is even better. On top of the stand as the AA state shot put champ and overall gold medalist for the best throw reguardless of class. Way to go Chase!!
    http://sports.sdpb.org/boys/track/aa/images/boyshot.JPG
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Stig said Nate would be joining the Jackrabbits. He didn't say what position he would play. Apparently Mike Tice coached with one of the coaches Stig had coached with and that individual put Mike in toach with Stig. Things worked out and my understanding is that Nate will be a Jackrabbit. Not sure what position he'll play.
      Doesn't look like Tice will be coming. Looks like he will walk on at Wisconsin.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4255165

Comment

I don't know what class he is with, but according to Terry we have a D-lineman verbal.

http://twitter.com/terryvandrovec

Comment

I hope we can find an Offensive Lineman to shore up the depth after the departure of Woody Orne. This guy must have been too good to pass up!

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            I don't know what class he is with, but according to Terry we have a D-lineman verbal.

http://twitter.com/terryvandrovec
            He is class of 09

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/7Vs...mote-moala.htm

Comment

According to Terry Vandrovec's Twitter page, Michael Hardie, a D lineman from O'Gorman has verbally committed to NDSU for 2010. Sounds like he's, according to his coach, a top 5 D1 athlete from the state of SD. We got this news on Bisonville 2 days ago......and I can't find a thing about it on here. Was this kid even on SDSU's radar screen ? I think it's pretty cool when a school can get a kid from a rivals recruiting area, and I was sort of expecting some comments on the matter on here.......but chirp chirp chirp......pretty quiet as usual. I frequent this sight pretty regularly and can't figure out why it's always so quiet. Of course, in comparison to Bisonville, most message boards seem pretty quiet........

Comment

Originally posted by 8>1 View Post
                According to Terry Vandrovec's Twitter page, Michael Hardie, a D lineman from O'Gorman has verbally committed to NDSU for 2010. Sounds like he's, according to his coach, a top 5 D1 athlete from the state of SD. We got this news on Bisonville 2 days ago......and I can't find a thing about it on here. Was this kid even on SDSU's radar screen ? I think it's pretty cool when a school can get a kid from a rivals recruiting area, and I was sort of expecting some comments on the matter on here.......but chirp chirp chirp......pretty quiet as usual. I frequent this sight pretty regularly and can't figure out why it's always so quiet. Of course, in comparison to Bisonville, most message boards seem pretty quiet........
                Mike Breske a SDSU alum is now the defensive coordinator at NDSU. He was a finalist for head coach at SDSU when Stig was hired. He also was at UNC and Wyo with Joe Glenn, and he no doubt has many ties still in SD so I am thinking he might have had a hand in landing this young man. I am sure SDSU knew all about him, but so did Breske. This is just my guess. Good recruiters have a networks and connections and I think this is what is going on here. SDSU has stayed away from ND and I think we need to go on the offensive, but there have always been better alternatives than recruiting in ND.

Comment

Very good points. I know I saw a thread on one of these message boards about recruiting ND and SD and which school took more recruits from the other schools state and I think it was determined that maybe NDSU had the upper hand in recent years when going head to head with SDSU for a recruit in SD, but has this always been the case ? Seems to me that back in the good ol' NCC days, our roster was loaded with ND kids and we didn't really have to look in SD for players. Now being D1, boy have things changed. I agree with SDSU not having to recruit ND as hard as NDSU does recruiting in SD. Kinda crazy how few kids we're getting from ND nowadays. I guess we'll have to settle with keeping 3,4 or 5 D1 athletes every year from leaving the state and get them to NDSU and not to UND(unless they're a 300 pound beast that will start at Nebraska). I was happy to see a timely response to my post this early on a Sunday, and that you did'nt take it as smack, which certainly wasn't my intention. I know we're a bunch of green colored glasses wearing homers over on Bisonville, but we really love our Bison football and want to tell everyone about them .

Comment

Very good points. I know I saw a thread on one of these message boards about recruiting ND and SD and which school took more recruits from the other schools state and I think it was determined that maybe NDSU had the upper hand in recent years when going head to head with SDSU for a recruit in SD, but has this always been the case ? Seems to me that back in the good ol' NCC days, our roster was loaded with ND kids and we didn't really have to look in SD for players. Now being D1, boy have things changed. I agree with SDSU not having to recruit ND as hard as NDSU does recruiting in SD. Kinda crazy how few kids we're getting from ND nowadays. I guess we'll have to settle with keeping 3,4 or 5 D1 athletes every year from leaving the state and get them to NDSU and not to UND(unless they're a 300 pound beast that will start at Nebraska). I was happy to see a timely response to my post this early on a Sunday, and that you did'nt take it as smack, which certainly wasn't my intention. I know we're a bunch of green colored glasses wearing homers over on Bisonville, but we really love our Bison football and want to tell everyone about them .
                    Possibly this kid can play Breske's defense. Breske seems to know the defense part of the game very well. Breske's defense schemes gave SDSU more than its share of grief back in the NCC days, and if Wyoming had a strong point it was the defense and I think NDSU found that out last year. I dont see Mike being a head coach but being a defensive expert and NDSU is lucky to have him as defensive coordinator. When he interviewed at SDSU, it was the year that UNC won the D2 NC, and he probably was happy being Joe Glenns right hand man at the time. I don't know. I do respect him for his knowledge of defense though.

Back in the NCC days NDSU did have an edge particularily back when scholarship levels were in the 40's. SDSU never funded that many and yes SDSU lost very often to NDSU in recruiting since they often had a few more dollars to offer and that translated into wins on the field for NDSU. When NCAA D2 cut back to 36, NDSU was about the only one who protested that move. Everyone else including SDSU saw it as budget relief at the time. Those days are gone, and its really hard to say who is winning the recruiting battles since going to D1 funding is about equal, but I suppose playing inside or outside might be a factor, but every recruit is very different in what they want or may not want.

O Gorman' has had a very good program the last few years so this kid is probably the real deal and hopefully he likes Fargo, Coach Bohl and staff.

Comment

Honestly you haven't heard anything on this board about it because I don't think anybody really knows anything about him. I don't think too many people have a good read on which high school players are going to DI material this year besides a couple QB's.

I assume USD & SDSU where recruiting him but hadn't offered him yet. He went to camp at NDSU, liked it, got an offer and accepted. SDSU traditionally doesn't put out a lot of early offers and they usually wait to the fall where as NDSU tends to give out a bunch of offers during the summer, most of the time to big time players that end up going FBS like Wisconsin and U of M.

Comment

Congrats on getting another fine athlete out of the state of SD. I just wished there were more good athletes in ND that we wanted to recruit. UND and NDSU have always recruited well in SD even back in the NCC days. O'Gorman athletes seem more motivated to leave the state than some others.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Congrats on getting another fine athlete out of the state of SD. I just wished there were more good athletes in ND that we wanted to recruit. UND and NDSU have always recruited well in SD even back in the NCC days. O'Gorman athletes seem more motivated to leave the state than some others.

I won't worry too much about it, and I don't think Coach Stig worries about it either. Let's see how the season plays out.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I heard this weekend that Dustin Lotzer is walking-on this year. I'm not sure how old this news is, but it was new to me. Will he play QB or some other position?
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I started a thread in the smack section because I thought it would get there. I don't think it got real nasty. You can go look there.
                              I wouldn't say NDSU wins "head to head for SD athletes". My math must have been wrong but SDSU has about 81 athletes from SD to only 14 for NDSU(In the 9 main sports).
                              NDSU does have 14 athletes from SD while SDSU only has 2 from ND(Men's Basketball/Cross Country).
                              But, There are either 94 or 95 athletes from SD while there are only 57 from ND.
                              I think your point in the middle might sum it up. NDSU could live in DII with players from ND but now they have to spread out some and SD has a few more to choose from. SD isn't that far ahead but they have 62% of the athletes in those sports.
                              The main gap is in the amount of Women compared to Men. There are only 40 Women athletes to 111 Men.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                I heard this weekend that Dustin Lotzer is walking-on this year. I'm not sure how old this news is, but it was new to me. Will he play QB or some other position?
                                I understood he was a walk-on for this first year from the beginning. I don't think they have plans for him at QB. He'll play some other position I just don't know what they have in mind or he has in mind.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X