Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
    As has been proven in the last 7 meetings, press releases and the blustering of feathers don't matter. I'll take our recruiting class because of trust with the coaching staff. They seem to know what they are doing.

Excellent point. It's how the pieces fit the whole. Those two speed-rusing DEs might be just exactly what this team needs to complement other components on the defense. Ditto for a hard-hitting safety or linebackers.

Comment

Not to throw a turd in the punch bowl, but who verifies the "offers" from BCS. Again, not a big deal. If teams want to use that as a basis for judging their recruiting class, I'd say that's a pretty solid measuring tool. But, for what its worth, a lot of guys consider "interest" as "offers". I was given interest letters from some D1 schools and were quickly given "not interested" letters back in the day. As far as anyone knows, I could have said the Gophers were recruiting me hard and I was on their short list to make an offer, but I had my heart set on SDSU. It's not like the FBS schools put out a list of who they extended offers to for verification purposes. Just playing a little devil's advocate, here.

For what its worth, I think both NDSU and SDSU have great recruiting classes. Even better, their classes seem to be more and more impressive each passing year. Both schools should be proud of where we have grown together. It's good to be a Jacks and Bison fan. It's also good to lean on the Dakota Marker when reading the attributes of the incoming SDSU recruits. It helps with the alignment of the back, I hear.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Stig giving a few quotes on the recruiting class and QB situation.

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-3625196.shtml

Comment

Madison Memorial (WI) defensive line Mike Kuchenbecker (6-5, 270) has committed to SDSU as a preferred walk-on.

http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot...113&id=1021958
          Marlin Lee - Writer/Scout for www.WisFootball.net, Wisconsin Gridiron Guide, and WSN Illustrated

Comment

Got to like that size.

Comment

It is good to hear that Kuchenbecker has favorable things to say about the "top notch" facilities in Brookings. They obviously are vastly improved in the last decade, but for a recruit from an urban area like Madison to make comments shows that things are pretty nice out here on the plains.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                It is good to hear that Kuchenbecker has favorable things to say about the "top notch" facilities in Brookings. They obviously are vastly improved in the last decade, but for a recruit from an urban area like Madison to make comments shows that things are pretty nice out here on the plains.
                State-of-the-art!

Go Jacks!!
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  State-of-the-art!

Go Jacks!!
                  Nice snark. You think maybe he was referring to the $6 million football building with its state-of-the-art weight rooms, meeting rooms, study halls, etc? Coughlin is a bit creaky, but fans are close to the action. Not a bad seat in the place. Every SDSU player I have ever talked to loves playing there. And every real SDSU fan I know loves to attend games there.

Are the facilities perfect? No. But with the Dykhouse Center, the experience for student athletes is going to be pretty darned good.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    Nice snark. You think maybe he was referring to the $6 million football building with its state-of-the-art weight rooms, meeting rooms, study halls, etc? Coughlin is a bit creaky, but fans are close to the action. Not a bad seat in the place. Every SDSU player I have ever talked to loves playing there. And every real SDSU fan I know loves to attend games there.

Are the facilities perfect? No. But with the Dykhouse Center, the experience for student athletes is going to be pretty darned good.
                    I have no idea what he was talking about I was just bored in class. I really do enjoy C-A. I had an absolute blast going to games this year. Great, great time.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It seemed like for a while it was a forgone conclusion that Nate Tice son of Mike and former UCF player was transfering to SDSU even with our depth at quarterback. I assume at 6'4 he could play tight end. Any word?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        It seemed like for a while it was a forgone conclusion that Nate Tice son of Mike and former UCF player was transfering to SDSU even with our depth at quarterback. I assume at 6'4 he could play tight end. Any word?
                        well that is the common belief.... however I read that one of the reasons he left UCF was that they wanted him to play TE..... So I really don't know.....

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Stig said Nate would be joining the Jackrabbits. He didn't say what position he would play. Apparently Mike Tice coached with one of the coaches Stig had coached with and that individual put Mike in toach with Stig. Things worked out and my understanding is that Nate will be a Jackrabbit. Not sure what position he'll play.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Stig said Nate would be joining the Jackrabbits. He didn't say what position he would play. Apparently Mike Tice coached with one of the coaches Stig had coached with and that individual put Mike in toach with Stig. Things worked out and my understanding is that Nate will be a Jackrabbit. Not sure what position he'll play.
                            That'd be Coach Don Bailey that used to work with George O'Leary.

Comment

Picture #62 of Jacks Recruit Chase Douglas throwing the shot at Howard Wood:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...H&Profile=1002

Comment

Got to umpire a couple games for Sioux Central (Iowa) this week and got to watch future Jackrabbit Trevor Tiefenthaler play some ball... and the verdict: He's fast! If he hits it on the ground and it gets by the pitcher, it is almost guaranteed that he'll be on first.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X