Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Hopefully, we will get some help there from the redshirt freshman class. The new recruit sounds promising but will have to be VERY good (think Cole Brodie) to have his redshirt pulled IMHO. Does anybody know any reports on the incoming RFR's who might help out in the secondary??
    Ya I talked to 2 defensive players and they said that the redshirts and the red-shirt freshman this year where pretty solid and should help a lot at that position..... He said the only real question mark was quarterback but thought if they had to go with O'Brien it wouldn't be the doomsday that some people are making it sound like...

Comment

Next Years Safeties

SR - Joseph Blackman
      JR - Conrad Kjerstad
      SO - Erich Feller (might have moved to LB)
      SO - Anthony Wise

Not sure if these younger players are CB's or Safeties
      SO - James Britt
      RFR- Bo Helm

Incoming Players
      R.K Kilgore
      Eric Koehlmoss

I think Conrad Kjerstad has the makings of an All-Conference player, and we'll probably platoon Wise and Blackman at the other position.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
        Next Years Safeties

SR - Joseph Blackman
        JR - Conrad Kjerstad
        SO - Erich Feller (might have moved to LB)
        SO - Anthony Wise

Not sure if these younger players are CB's or Safeties
        SO - James Britt
        RFR- Bo Helm

Incoming Players
        R.K Kilgore
        Eric Koehlmoss

I think Conrad Kjerstad has the makings of an All-Conference player, and we'll probably platoon Wise and Blackman at the other position.

Don't forget CB Julian Wagner, he was pretty highly touted out of high school, although I'm not sure of his size for safety. I'd guess Jeske will be in the mix for safety as well.

Comment

What I am most looking forward to seeing next year is if the O-line play improves. I felt that they were a rather big weakness for us giving up so many sacks compared to the year before. With a solid group of running backs, if the O-line play increases I expect big things from Minett and company. I think that will be a big factor in how well the team does compared to who takes over at QB. I could see 3 big rushers next year if the o-line is ready to play and healthy. Minett over 1000, Monke 800ish, Duffy 400. Im not as worried at safety as I am the corner positions. It did sound like the last few recruiting classes had some good big time players but they will be young. I see the secondary maybe played by committee with 6 or 7 players getting some good time with only Kerstad as locked into a certain position. I see on D the linebackers as key for this team and a close D-line being the best parts and deepest positions. On Offense, The running game, the wide outs, and tight ends are all very deep and talented. With all the talent around the QB i would not expect them to really struggle who ever gets the job. Hopefully we will not need to rely on any freshman at any positions this year so they can get an extra year of development. I think we have plenty of talent to fill in the gaps from the open positions we have. I have big expectations for this team next year. So far, the recruits we have sound like great additions and look forward to seeing them in Yellow and Blue.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Thanks for the updates everyone. I've been on the road since Friday. I have not updated the list.

Comment

More info on Tiefenthaler & Koehlmoos in Terry's blog post today. You can find the links in in the updated list, the first post in this thread.

Comment

Found this over on wissports.net

Cedar Grove-Belgium tight end/linebacker Josh Peterson (6-4, 215) has some good news of the preferred walk-on variety.
                South Dakota State also gave me a walk-on assuming that the recruits ahead of me don't accept the scholarship,” Peterson said.

Comment

Found another verbal:

Roosevelt's Weiss to play for SDSU

Here's the link from the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...DATES/90108001

Sounds like a good pick up!

Comment

Key quote from this young man:

“I just felt like SDSU wants me for their No. 1 guy,” said Weiss, who has never been to a game at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. “I want to go to a place where they want me just as much as I want to play for them.”

HS Coach also described him as "poised" through an up-and-down recruiting process. Sounds like the kind of young man you want on a team.

Comment

• Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

IMO Weiss is a huge pick up. Hard nosed kid
                      Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                      Muhammad Ali

Comment

Great get in Weiss for SDSU. We need to get the top recruits out of Sioux Falls if we want to generate more interest from there and I think Weiss is one of those guys who can help do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          Great get in Weiss for SDSU. We need to get the top recruits out of Sioux Falls if we want to generate more interest from there and I think Weiss is one of those guys who can help do that.
                          Hopefully by signing Weiss this will help them sign Wright and Powell form O'Gorman.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                            Found another verbal:

Good find very early in the morning. I will update the list. Keep them rolling in!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                              Found another verbal:

http://www.sfroughriderfootball.com/2.html

Picture of Jake Weiss and SF Roosevelt. I believe he is #6

Comment

anybody have an updated commitment list? Feb. 4th is coming quick.
                                Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                                Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X