• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemo
    replied
    Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I must admit that I'm surprised to see only 1 recruit from Minnesota. I thought we might be recruiting the cities a little more with the move up.
    Maybe Brewster figured out he should quit letting all his in-state players go to the Dakota schools, especially since most of them have the talent to be playing for his team, and inturn, the motivation to beat the U of M for passing on them when the XDSU games come around.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

I must admit that I'm surprised to see only 1 recruit from Minnesota. I thought we might be recruiting the cities a little more with the move up.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

The one is Mason Winterboer who is going to be a walk-on. That is where the difference would be.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

If anyone's interested:

Illinois - (1)
    Iowa - (3)
    SD - (4)
    Cali - (3)
    MO - (2)
    NEB. - (2)
    MN - (1)
    KS -(1)
    WIS. - (1)

TE - (1)
    CB - (1)
    OL/DL - (4)
    DE - (2)
    DB - (1)
    LB/S - (3)
    S - (1)
    QB - (2)
    WR - (1)
    RB - (2)

That's 18 each, I thought TV said 17?? Nope...I went back to TV's blog and it is 18 LOI's!!

Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

That is a wrap folks...Terry just posted his final list within the live chat. Here it is and it lists 18 signees, tranfers and walk-ons. I'd have to say our recruiting classes are looking better and better each year and this one is the best in recent years.

Here is Terry's list from the blog which matches up perfectly with ours.

SDSU - Terry Vandrovec: OK, so here is the list I've come up with so far:

Vince Benedetto, 6-4, 225, TE, Crystal Lake South, Illinois. All-area and all-conference pick. Caught 14 passes for more than 400 yards as a senior, but excels at blocking.

Pat Brown, 6-1, 180, CB/R, Bettendorf, Iowa. Elite all-state pick by the Des Moines Register and second-team all-state selection by the Iowa Newspaper Association. Has qualified for the state track meet in four sprinting events.

Chase Douglas, 6-4, 245, OL/DL, Brandon Valley. First-team all-state in South Dakota Class 11AA and Argus Leader Elite 45 pick.

Malik Humphries, 6-2, 197, DE, Moreno Valley Rancho Verde, Calif. Will play in the Inland All-Star game.

Josh Jones, 5-11, 160, DB, Hickman Mills, Mo. All-conference pick in the Kansas City metro area as a sophomore. Missed part of senior year due to injury.

Josh Kage, 6-4, 260, OL, Papillion-La Vista, Neb. Super State first-team pick also drew Division I interest for his skills in wrestling and track.

R.C. Kilgore, 6-2, 215, LB/S, Park of Cottage Grove, Minn. Three-year starter at quarterback in the Suburban East Conference.

Eric Koehlmoos, 6-1, 190, S, Pierce, Neb. First-team all-Nebraska pick as a senior and second-team as a junior.

Lee Mondol, 6-2, 200, QB, Ventura, Calif., and Ventura College. Spent one year as a prefered walk-on at Michigan and two years as a starter at a junior college.

Alex Parker, 6-4, 250, OL, Brookings. First-team all-state in South Dakota Class 11AA and Argus Leader Elite 45 pick.

Doug Peete, 6-4, 215, LB/DE, Olathe North, Kan. Named all-Kansas, all-Class 6A, all-metro, all-city and all-conference.

Trevor Tiefenthaler, 5-11, 170, WR, Sioux Central, Iowa. Three-year all-state pick, Iowa Class 1A state champ in the 400 meters and the son of SDSU career leading receiver Jeff Tiefenthaler.

Gianni Washington-Parker, 6-4, 210, DE, Sylmar, Calif. Four-year starter in basketball. Also played receiver in high school.

Jake Weiss, 6-3, 210, LB, Sioux Falls Roosevelt. Three-year starter and Argus Leader Elite 45 pick.

Mike Whittier, 6-3, 210, QB, Webster Groves, Mo., and Air Force Academy Prep School. Ranked 106th at his position in the country by ESPN.com as a senior.

Mason Winterboer, 5-11, 190, RB, Brookings. Broke the school record for rushing formerly held by current SDSU back Tyler Duffy.

Bryan Witzmann, 6-8, 255, OL, Somerset, Wis. Wisconsin Coaches Association all-state pick.

Walker Woods, 5-11, 190, RB, Waukee, Iowa. Ran for more than 3,300 yards and 52 touchdowns in two years as a starter. Class 4A all-state by the Iowa Newspaper Association and the Des Moines Register. Also all-state in baseball and state qualifier in track.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Anybody know anymore about the 2 from California? I'm just assuming but I suspect they were waiting on some FBS offers that didn't come through and we gobbled them up. Who would have been out there recruiting these guys?

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Another "new" one:

As for the update, the last one is in: Malik Humphries, a DE. A link:
    http://villanova.rivals.com/viewpros...p?pr_key=90070
    List is updated...I had some trouble withe the the first post getting to long.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Another "new" one:

As for the update, the last one is in: Malik Humphries, a DE. A link:
    http://villanova.rivals.com/viewpros...p?pr_key=90070

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Another "new" one.

Giannia Washington-Parker from Lake View Terrace, Calif. He'll play DE.
    http://www.maxpreps.com/california/f...=,local,player

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Alright, I'm finally here...I'm going to update the first post in this thread with the names that have come in. I will denote the ones on the list that we hadn't heard of previously. I know there are a couple already.

Mods...any chance of merging the Signing Day thread into this one so we can just keep this one going?

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the DT Sioux Falls player who supposedly verballed to SDSU ends up being one of the walk-ons.

That would help explain why we are short on DT's and DE's. I'm guessing Chase Douglas will end up being a DT.

Also, does anybody know who our back-up center is? Robling graduated and I assume McKnight will replace him, but who will be the backup to McKnight?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a youtube video breaking down the recruits like they've done in years past.
    A lot of times centers are transfered from a different line position (ususally Tackle). the reason being because many times colleges have a different few on center then high school....

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

I wouldn't be surprised if the DT Sioux Falls player who supposedly verballed to SDSU ends up being one of the walk-ons.

That would help explain why we are short on DT's and DE's. I'm guessing Chase Douglas will end up being a DT.

Also, does anybody know who our back-up center is? Robling graduated and I assume McKnight will replace him, but who will be the backup to McKnight?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a youtube video breaking down the recruits like they've done in years past.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Per TV's blog, Stig says he expects to sign 17 players and three preferred walk-on's. According to the numbers that means we still don't know about at least three verbals (or maybe five if as transfers, Mondol and Whittier aren't included in Stig's reference) and two walk-ons. Anybody have any info on this last bunch or will we be surprised by a few tomorrow?
    I'm guessing the 17 includes the transfers since they are essentially part of this recruiting class. There will likely be some surprises as their always is.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Per TV's blog, Stig says he expects to sign 17 players and three preferred walk-on's. According to the numbers that means we still don't know about at least three verbals (or maybe five if as transfers, Mondol and Whittier aren't included in Stig's reference) and two walk-ons. Anybody have any info on this last bunch or will be surprised by a few tomorrow?
    I've been hearing about a young man from Columbus, NE. He competed against Eric Koehlmoos from Pierce and according to his aunt he is all but certain he will play football at SDSU. I can't remember his name right now but I'll try to get it today. I haven't posted anything because the source would be extended family and I'm not sure thats good enough. Now that its down to 1 more day, I figure a little speculation won't hurt.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Per TV's blog, Stig says he expects to sign 17 players and three preferred walk-on's. According to the numbers that means we still don't know about at least three verbals (or maybe five if as transfers, Mondol and Whittier aren't included in Stig's reference) and two walk-ons. Anybody have any info on this last bunch or will we be surprised by a few tomorrow?
    Last edited by jackrabbit1979; 02-03-2009, 12:46 PM. Reason: grammer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X