2009 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Who was the one person that we wanted and didn't get?

Comment

You'd have to be Columbo (or perhaps Jim Rockford) to figure that one out. The coaches can't say, and the scouts sites ain't reliable about who's gotten offers and who hasn't.

Now, because I said "Rockford", enjoy the Rockford theme and savor the memories......

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Rockford_Files.html

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
        Who was the one person that we wanted and didn't get?
        I'm not positive who the kid we missed out on is, but a reliable source told me that the young man chose to go to Iowa instead... We could probably start the investigation by digging through their current list of verbals...
        Last edited by Jacked_Rabbit; 01-25-2009, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Whatever became of the QB from Sisseton? Anyone have any word on him?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            He hasn't verballed anywhere. His thumb appears to be okay, at least on the bball court. He scored 26 in a loss yesterday at the Hanson Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              It would seem to me that this kid would be one we want...even if he doesn't play QB, I think he is big and athletic enough to see the field elsewhere. I wonder where he will end up???
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I know this doesn't fit under the thread title, but the RUMOR around town is that State offered Austin Sumner this weekend. Thats a great move,IMO, but we'll have to wait and see how next year goes for him. The kid's got a cannon hanging from that right shoulder.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  I know this doesn't fit under the thread title, but the RUMOR around town is that State offered Austin Sumner this weekend. Thats a great move,IMO, but we'll have to wait and see how next year goes for him. The kid's got a cannon hanging from that right shoulder.
                  He did make an unofficial visit, but not sure of the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                    He hasn't verballed anywhere. His thumb appears to be okay, at least on the bball court. He scored 26 in a loss yesterday at the Hanson Classic.
                    Watched him play yesterday. He looks like a man among boys.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      Is that the kid from BV? I may be confused, but isn't he the one people assumed would go FBS?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                        Is that the kid from BV? I may be confused, but isn't he the one people assumed would go FBS?
                        He is from Brandon Valley. He had surgery on his right shoulder less than a month ago and it was in a sling (as of last week anyway). Basketball season was over for him in December. He's a junior. I don't recall if people thought he would go FBS.

Loetzer is a senior from Sisseton. He's got a canon. He tore ligaments in his right thumb towards the end of the football season. Still played a game at QB after that. Playoffs vs. Dells?? and they got killed but he still played a pretty good game. I believe he has had FBS offers but he wants to stay close to home as his loves hunting/fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                          He is from Brandon Valley. He had surgery on his right shoulder less than a month ago and it was in a sling (as of last week anyway). Basketball season was over for him in December. He's a junior. I don't recall if people thought he would go FBS.

Loetzer is a senior from Sisseton. He's got a canon. He tore ligaments in his right thumb towards the end of the football season. Still played a game at QB after that. Playoffs vs. Dells?? and they got killed but he still played a pretty good game. I believe he has had FBS offers but he wants to stay close to home as his loves hunting/fishing.
                          Whats the honest truth on Loetzer.... I've heard that he has FBC offers then I hear that he was 3-4th on the QB recruiting trail for NDSU and had only preferred walk on status at SDSU... now given SDSU was a different situation because they wanted to recruit QB's with experience....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            Whats the honest truth on Loetzer.... I've heard that he has FBC offers then I hear that he was 3-4th on the QB recruiting trail for NDSU and had only preferred walk on status at SDSU... now given SDSU was a different situation because they wanted to recruit QB's with experience....
                            I think Stig likes to have four or five QBs. Now we have:
                            Crawford (maybe), Senior
                            O'Brien, RS Freshman
                            Whittier, Freshman?
                            Mondol, Jr? or is he a sophomore?

It's not out of the question that the Sisseton kid could be brought in.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              I think Stig likes to have four or five QBs. Now we have:
                              Crawford (maybe), Senior
                              O'Brien, RS Freshman
                              Whittier, Freshman?
                              Mondol, Jr? or is he a sophomore?

It's not out of the question that the Sisseton kid could be brought in.
                              I don't know how many QB's SDSU needs. If they add one more, I hope it's Loetzer. He can RS next year and then be a freshman. IF SDSU has another QB on their radar for next year, I hope they are done for this year. I think O'Brien, Whittier, Mondol and Loetzer are all quality QB's. Three of them will be around for the next 4 years. I think that should be enough solid players at that position. I know SDSU has more than 63 players but if that's all they had and 5 of them are QB's, that would seem like an overload to me. It's an important position but really deep for several years to come.

Comment

Is Mike Tice's son still out there,or has he committed somewhere ?

Comment

Working...
                                X