2009 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Schedule

And Lonnie Anderson when she still had her 100 mph fastball and a very underrated Baily. Sorry, for the thread drift. Won't happen again.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
      That is one of my all time favorite episodes of WKRP in Cincy. Les's play by play of the turkeys being dropped---that's funny stuff.
      I wasn't even thinking about WKRP when I wrote that. But after watching Mythbusters the idea of shooting them out of a compressed air cannon at the stands is definitely out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
        Arthur is the one who thought they could fly.
        I certainly hope you all realize that turkeys do fly. Wild ones do anyway. Quite fun to wingshoot it you can get close enough to them and have a tag.

Comment

Fly they do "Wild Ones" up to 50 mph

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
            Fly they do "Wild Ones" up to 50 mph
            They can run pretty dang fast too!

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              I certainly hope you all realize that turkeys do fly. Wild ones do anyway. Quite fun to wingshoot it you can get close enough to them and have a tag.
              Well, yeah. So do pheasants. What's your point?
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Maybe i read the wrong thread, but i thought it said 2009 schedule not old tv shows from the 1980s.

Back to the point here. With some real tough home games, if we lose those are are gonna feel like its a disapointing year. However we keep our home field win percentage up and win are home games, we have some very winable games on the road. So i am expecting some big things from the team next year. If we dont finish top 3 again in confrence im going to say its a disapointing season. This team set a high standard for all future sdsu teams to compete against. Its not fair to do but if we finish 3, and had a shot to finish 2nd in our first year, we should be contending for titles and playoffs darn near every year.

Goon
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Maybe i read the wrong thread, but i thought it said 2009 schedule not old tv shows from the 1980s.

Back to the point here. With some real tough home games, if we lose those are are gonna feel like its a disapointing year. However we keep our home field win percentage up and win are home games, we have some very winable games on the road. So i am expecting some big things from the team next year. If we dont finish top 3 again in confrence im going to say its a disapointing season. This team set a high standard for all future sdsu teams to compete against. Its not fair to do but if we finish 3, and had a shot to finish 2nd in our first year, we should be contending for titles and playoffs darn near every year.

Goon
                  I would like to see the same thing in regards to an upper finish in the conference, but I also remember history with our team when transitioning between quarterbacks. Things tend to get a little rocky, and having Georgia Southern at home on the opener is going to be a tough test. Our schedule next year isn't much off of what it was this year (minus SFA and swap Georgia Southern for McNeese and UofM for Iowa State). I think if we can get the QB position settled with a quality replacement early we 'could' see a potential playoff birth. It basically requires 8 wins to secure that chance though, and with our always tough schedule and an offensive adjustment period due to the new QB that won't be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                    I would like to see the same thing in regards to an upper finish in the conference, but I also remember history with our team when transitioning between quarterbacks.
                    Luckily we've got Kyle Minett, Tyler Duffy, Colin Cochart, Glen Fox, and Saunders Montague to help ease the transition for the new QB. He won't have to do it all. He just has to get the ball into their hands.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Pheasant opener has always been huge, as long as I can remember.
                      Big yes, but I would wager that Brookings is quite a ways down on the list of Opening pheasant day destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Luckily we've got Kyle Minett, Tyler Duffy, Colin Cochart, Glen Fox, and Saunders Montague to help ease the transition for the new QB. He won't have to do it all. He just has to get the ball into their hands.
                        Ryan Berry deserves a lot of the accolades he is receiving but please realize that none of it would have been possible without the guys JJ just listed as well as the other seniors. We've had QB's with more talent than Ryan, keep that in mind. He is replacable.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I forgot about Saunders Montague coming back. Also, Cochart just started to become a huge part of the passing game in the last 2-3 games. He is going to be a stud if we continue to get him the ball.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                            I forgot about Saunders Montague coming back. Also, Cochart just started to become a huge part of the passing game in the last 2-3 games. He is going to be a stud if we continue to get him the ball.
                            I completely agree...I've been impressed with him the more and more we use him. He's got a bunch of athleticism for how big of a frame he's got. I'm even more excited to know he was only a sophomore this year! Our sophomore class is loaded, this just in!

Comment

Isn't it about time to beat Ga. Southern?

The scores keep getting closer after they won by a mile in the transition year with last year's last second 50+ field goal by their kicker who hadn't made a field goal longer than an extra point up to that point.

I can see 8-3 in the schedule. Better than than would translate into a very, very good team with the @Poly and @MN and we all know going undefeated in the conference is not likely.

Comment

I see the Bison have Ia. St. and Sam Houston St. as their non-conference right now with only 10 games on the schedule. Anybody smell a stampede on some coyotes at the Fargodome?

Comment

Working...
                                X