Dakota Marker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

LOL...well not exactly a meltdown (at least as of 10:45 p.m. Thursday) but some intelligent comments by IndyBison who seems to know a lot about officiating the college game.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      LOL...well not exactly a meltdown (at least as of 10:45 p.m. Thursday) but some intelligent comments by IndyBison who seems to know a lot about officiating the college game.
      No kidding. I hope that guy is an official.

Comment

Confronted with visual evidence, they want to close the officiating thread. I think the last drive pass interference one particularly hurts, since it was the centerpiece of their "refs stole the game" meme.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Did you also post in BisonBacker's MVFC officials stink thread on AGS? I'd love the FCS world to get a good look at the evidence.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Couldn't find that thread on AGS. Seems to have disappeared... interesting. So I posted in the Jackrabbits take out Bison thread where there's some general whining by Bison fans.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Been biting my tongue for days... This ought to be a good opportunity for several around here to compare their own posts in this tale of two threads.

I won't disagree that bad reffing can affect a game and won't criticize the frustration that's been expressed in a certain other thread.
              Last edited by UTH; 03-28-2009, 02:14 PM. Reason: fixed maligning of JimmyJack

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
                Been biting my tongue for days... This ought to be a good opportunity for several around here to compare their own posts in this tale of two threads.

I won't disagree that bad reffing can affect a game and won't criticize the frustration that's been expressed in a certain other thread.
                I've been consistent in pointing out that several bad possessions in the second half were what lost the game for us vs. Baylor. I didn't like the officiating, but that's not what lost the game for us.

Here's what I said:

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                During one stretch near the end, we had a missed three by Young, a phantom foul and three-point play by Baylor, an airballed three by Muck, and a turnover by Rotert.

Any one of those possessions goes differently, and we're not having this discussion. It's just basketball.

So why exactly are you quoting me to make your little hypocrisy point?
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I've been consistent in pointing out that several bad possessions in the second half were what lost the game for us vs. Baylor. I didn't like the officiating, but that's not what lost the game for us.

Here's what I said:

So why exactly are you quoting me to make your little hypocrisy point?

Simple laziness (hit 'quote' instead of 'post reply').

I won't disagree that you've been been consistent and I'm not looking to bother calling out any specific people, either - that'd just lead to a stupid pissing match.

I'll go back and delete the quote for you...

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
                    Simple laziness (hit 'quote' instead of 'post reply').

I won't disagree that you've been been consistent and I'm not looking to bother calling out any specific people, either - that'd just lead to a stupid pissing match.

I'll go back and delete the quote for you...
                    No problem. You caught me at a grumpy moment. Sorry about that. I do get what you're saying.

I'm determined not to complain about the refs too much. My wife, by the way, disagrees and is really mad about the officiating in the Baylor game. And she was dismissive of those Bison fans who were mad about the officiating in the Dakota Marker game. So your point hits close to home.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

No problem. You caught me at a grumpy moment. Sorry about that. I do get what you're saying.

I'm determined not to complain about the refs too much. My wife, by the way, disagrees and is really mad about the officiating in the Baylor game. And she was dismissive of those Bison fans who were mad about the officiating in the Dakota Marker game. So your point hits close to home.

I hope it doesn't put you on the couch!

Comment

The difference being this...When SDSU loses a game fans don't generally blame the refs, injuries, etc. When NDSU loses a game your board is full of people blaming anything and everything they possibly can. There's even a thread on bisonville titled, "Were Injuries a Big Part of the 2008 Season?"

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15610

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                          The difference being this...When SDSU loses a game fans don't generally blame the refs, injuries, etc. When NDSU loses a game your board is full of people blaming anything and everything they possibly can. There's even a thread on bisonville titled, "Were Injuries a Big Part of the 2008 Season?"

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15610
                          Idk, I heard a lot of complaining about Summit League officiating this year.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                            Idk, I heard a lot of complaining about Summit League officiating this year.
                            There's a difference. We were complaining when we WON compared to when we lost only. I'm as guilty as the next for complaining about the refs, but it's a whole different story when we win compared to when we lose.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              There's a difference. We were complaining when we WON compared to when we lost only. I'm as guilty as the next for complaining about the refs, but it's a whole different story when we win compared to when we lose.

If that makes sense when you say it to yourself in the mirror, then it must be true. Carry on.

Comment

Not to go all Bill Clinton or anything but I think it comes down to the difference in bitching and blaming. Everyone bitches about reffing (as in the Summit League refereeing situation) but blaming officiating on a loss is a whole other level. We officially jumped that shark after the Baylor game.
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X