Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Was at the game...question for you Bisonbacker....do you think the game being on TV had anything to do with the fact there was at least 4000 empty Bison seats?? Admitted number by your President and AD, BTW.
    If thats a true number that is really sad. We've been told up here in Fargo that the game has been sold out since the end of September, so for so many not to show, that sucks. Too bad people that actually wanted to go, be it Bison or Jackrabbit fans, could not.

As far as the game is concerned, I was very impressed with your backup QB (Crawford?) to step up into the game like he did, and perhaps took away a few questions on who your QB will be next year. As far as I'm concerned, there were questionable calls both ways, so for some Bison fans to blame them is just because they're obviously upset with the loss. We had chances to either stop you or win it, but the biggest difference was special teams - just like last year. Also of course you're going to face some hostility from our fan base because when start the year as preseason #1/2 and finish the way we did, thats quite a disappointment. Also very gutsy call by Stig for the two point, but hey, you play to win and I really liked that call.

Regarding a lot of posts about Mertens: he played somewhat better than he had other weeks, but he had 15 ints for the year. You may say he played alright, but he has had a habit of throwing poorly when it truly matters, just like last night when we were attempting to drive back down the field and he throws the int. Just disappointing.

I also have a question for you who came up here for the trip and your experience with our fan base as a whole, such as those who went out to the bars and such. What did you face? I've been at the last two games @ SDSU v. NDSU and also have been at the last 4 Hobo Days as I have many friends @ SDSU because I am from SoDak. But everytime I face a fair amount of hostility just because I go to NDSU. I never understand this big rivalry that SDSU has with NDSU, because up here the only time I ever see our student body get revved up about SDSU is the week of a game, otherwise we pretty much just hate UND and we haven't played them in quite some time in any sport. I just think it's interesting that from my perspective its a little more one-sided. Anyone else have a thought regarding this?

Well anyway, congrats to SDSU, you made the plays you needed to. See ya in a few months for bball season!

Comment

footballfan:
      We found your son. He had a large rock of some sort in his hands.

Comment

Great win for the Jacks. Just a little shy of BHM and Jacks#1, only made it to 8 games this season. Was in Fargo when the streak ended, though. The only call that I thought the officials missed was the late hit. Berry was still in bounds and at that point in the play, he is not the QB anymore, he is just another runner. The make up call came shortly after that, when we were flagged for pass interference on a clearly uncatchable ball.

It was great to see the Pride and to hear them play more in the Fargodome than NDSU's band.

The difference in the programs to me starts with the Head Coaches. Stig is a class act and his players believe in him and will do anything for him.

Bohl is arrogant and it showed when they introduced the Seniors prior to the game, with the cameras and spotlight focused on Bohl, and not the Seniors. Bison fans may not believe it, but the trend of Bison football going downhill will continue with Coach Bohl there.

Congrats to the Jacks on a fine season. It was an enjoyable bus ride home on the player bus.

Comment

Just wanted to post a quick congrats to SDSU. We had a good time tailgating with some SDSU fans who stopped by to talk some football and have a few beers. I haven't read any of this thread, but I'll just say it was a well played game and the Jacks got it done when they had to, so again, congrats to SDSU. So have a good off season rabbits, we'll see you again next October in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by mnbison View Post
            Just wanted to post a quick congrats to SDSU. We had a good time tailgating with some SDSU fans who stopped by to talk some football and have a few beers. I haven't read any of this thread, but I'll just say it was a well played game and the Jacks got it done when they had to, so again, congrats to SDSU. So have a good off season rabbits, we'll see you again next October in Brookings.
            Another true fan with class.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by huskon4ever View Post
              If thats a true number that is really sad. We've been told up here in Fargo that the game has been sold out since the end of September, so for so many not to show, that sucks. Too bad people that actually wanted to go, be it Bison or Jackrabbit fans, could not.

As far as the game is concerned, I was very impressed with your backup QB (Crawford?) to step up into the game like he did, and perhaps took away a few questions on who your QB will be next year. As far as I'm concerned, there were questionable calls both ways, so for some Bison fans to blame them is just because they're obviously upset with the loss. We had chances to either stop you or win it, but the biggest difference was special teams - just like last year. Also of course you're going to face some hostility from our fan base because when start the year as preseason #1/2 and finish the way we did, thats quite a disappointment. Also very gutsy call by Stig for the two point, but hey, you play to win and I really liked that call.

Regarding a lot of posts about Mertens: he played somewhat better than he had other weeks, but he had 15 ints for the year. You may say he played alright, but he has had a habit of throwing poorly when it truly matters, just like last night when we were attempting to drive back down the field and he throws the int. Just disappointing.

I also have a question for you who came up here for the trip and your experience with our fan base as a whole, such as those who went out to the bars and such. What did you face? I've been at the last two games @ SDSU v. NDSU and also have been at the last 4 Hobo Days as I have many friends @ SDSU because I am from SoDak. But everytime I face a fair amount of hostility just because I go to NDSU. I never understand this big rivalry that SDSU has with NDSU, because up here the only time I ever see our student body get revved up about SDSU is the week of a game, otherwise we pretty much just hate UND and we haven't played them in quite some time in any sport. I just think it's interesting that from my perspective its a little more one-sided. Anyone else have a thought regarding this?

Well anyway, congrats to SDSU, you made the plays you needed to. See ya in a few months for bball season!
              Great post. I too was very disappointed to see all the empty seats. If I would have known that I could get a ticket for sure I would have made the 6 hour drive up to Fargo and spent the night celebrating a huge win. Not being entirely sure I could get a ticket made it easy to not make the drive. I was on call Friday night and got very little sleep and I've been gone a bunch of weekends hunting or working so I used the "sell out" as a cop out not to make the drive up. Then, I find out I could have had a ticket. I'm a little pissed off.

My friends that did go up said the Bison fans were a little tough to deal with but nothing like the knuckle heads at UNI or the little brats down in Verminville. They hung out in the lot and then at BW's afterwards and enjoyed themselves. There was a Bison fan at the SDSU vs Oregon game today and I think he was treated well. I have seen some confrontations at games but I think the Bison guys sort of started it each time. Always two sides to a story. Anyways, when you come down for BB this year or FB next year look me up and I'll make sure you are treated well.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

But everytime I face a fair amount of hostility just because I go to NDSU.
                I might have something to do with you going to school in Fargo when you could have gone to SDSU. Both are land grant schools and SDSU should have whatever NDSU has so we have to wonder why you are giving your money to NDSU instead of SDSU. I still cringe when I see the Bison sign a SD kid for sports, because I feel they should be at State whether it be Tviedt, Evans, Buckwalter, or the kid from Yankton.

Just my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                  I still don't think your QB had a bad game.

And if you want to complain about a poor call by the refs, what about the taunting/unsportsman-like penalty which should have been called against the NDSU receiver. Gets up after a big play, stand above the SDSU defender, shows him the ball and starts jawing at him. Go ahead stand up and celebrate, but to do it facing the player and talking shtuff to him--not classy.
                  And the knocking the ball out of JaRon's hands after the "helmet to helmet" (that's 15 yards)

And the pushing helmets into the turf after tackles (watch the game film, it happens multiple times)

And the spiked ball after the touchdown by your tight end (I think that was the guy)

Nope, those were all legit no calls.

All hail the Bison! I've never seen a more unsportsmanlike group, both on the field and on the message boards.

I seriously hope the coaching staff at NDSU has the same attitude their fans do. Until they look themselves in the mirror and say "we need to get better" instead of blaming someone else for their loses next season will be another long one of:

-The refs screwed us
                  -Our kicker stinks
                  -Our QB stinks
                  -Our coaches can't recruit.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Great game, Jacks. Clearly, the tide has turned. Although NDSU has a good team and a good program, the Bison's days of football domination are over. They died with the transition from D-II. SDSU is surpassing NDSU in quality of recruits, and better facilities are on the way. The Jacks are the program of the future in this region.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Congrats to the rabbit players and coaches. For anyone that was there, the game was evidence that this is a great rivalry that is going to come down to the wire every year. The bison play hard and I'm sure they're going to be hungry for revenge at CAS next year. But right now, it's great to be a rabbit. GO JACKS.

Comment

I think it's more jokingly, well that how it is with me. Someone tells me they go to school at NDSU I immediately tell them I'm sorry. Its a good friendly rivalry and I like it that way, I don't hate NDSU, I cheer for them when they aren't playing us or in a game they need to lose to help us.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                          I might have something to do with you going to school in Fargo when you could have gone to SDSU. Both are land grant schools and SDSU should have whatever NDSU has so we have to wonder why you are giving your money to NDSU instead of SDSU. I still cringe when I see the Bison sign a SD kid for sports, because I feel they should be at State whether it be Tviedt, Evans, Buckwalter, or the kid from Yankton.

Just my $.02
                          Actually I couldn't have gone to SDSU. I am an Accountancy major (5-year Accounting program) and at the time I was looking at schools only UNL and NDSU had that program in the "area" (USD and NSU both started it after my freshman year). I understand your logic, but it was impossible. NDSU has a pretty good Business College that ranks fairly well in the grand scheme of things, whereas SDSU has business majors that are only related to ag and no 4 or 5 year Accounting program. Trust me, I am a SoDak kid through and through and will be moving back in December to work for a CPA firm, but an education is more important to me than what side of the "marker" a person is on and I will never regret my decision.

As long as SDSU isn't playing NDSU, I'll be on your sidelines every time.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            I think it's more jokingly, well that how it is with me. Someone tells me they go to school at NDSU I immediately tell them I'm sorry. Its a good friendly rivalry and I like it that way, I don't hate NDSU, I cheer for them when they aren't playing us or in a game they need to lose to help us.
                            Oh yeah, no I understand that mango, same way it is for me. I had a friend from SoDak that came to NDSU for 3 years and is now at SDSU and he gets razzed from me and from others down there. Its just I had a few guys down at the 9 get in my face a few times and I just didn't understand it. I wasn't wearing NDSU stuff or trying to egg them on. I was there with my SDSU friends and looking for fun, not to get into a fight over who was better. Oh well, no biggie.

BTW Mango, are you the same Mango4 that used to frequent the Dakota Schoolers proboard? If so, we exchanged a few messages - me = lauchin108.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Great post. I too was very disappointed to see all the empty seats. If I would have known that I could get a ticket for sure I would have made the 6 hour drive up to Fargo and spent the night celebrating a huge win. Not being entirely sure I could get a ticket made it easy to not make the drive. I was on call Friday night and got very little sleep and I've been gone a bunch of weekends hunting or working so I used the "sell out" as a cop out not to make the drive up. Then, I find out I could have had a ticket. I'm a little pissed off.

My friends that did go up said the Bison fans were a little tough to deal with but nothing like the knuckle heads at UNI or the little brats down in Verminville. They hung out in the lot and then at BW's afterwards and enjoyed themselves. There was a Bison fan at the SDSU vs Oregon game today and I think he was treated well. I have seen some confrontations at games but I think the Bison guys sort of started it each time. Always two sides to a story. Anyways, when you come down for BB this year or FB next year look me up and I'll make sure you are treated well.
                              Thanks JackMD, I really appreciate that. If I can make it, I will take you up on that offer!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                                It was great to see the Pride and to hear them play more in the Fargodome than NDSU's band.

The difference in the programs to me starts with the Head Coaches. Stig is a class act and his players believe in him and will do anything for him.

Bohl is arrogant and it showed when they introduced the Seniors prior to the game, with the cameras and spotlight focused on Bohl, and not the Seniors. Bison fans may not believe it, but the trend of Bison football going downhill will continue with Coach Bohl there.
                                The Pride is always great to hear. I laugh when I hear NDSUs band referred to as the Pride of NoDak- makes me very proud to say I am from SoDak. Bohl is arrogant and I have said that from the start, although nobody up here wants to believe me. I have no respect for the guy whatsoever, and whevenever I hear he may move on "for something better" I always ask how soon that can happen! I know most of you probably didn't watch or see many of our games, but our OC is not the most creative person and Bohl never seems to change moods. I never see how any of our players can really ever get "jacked up" when the coaches let them down over and over.

I hope the few of you are wrong about NDSU football going down or SDSU passing us by, as I would rather see both surge forward and take over the MVC together so that our "rivalry" has purpose. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                                X