X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    No loud-mouthed Bison fans whining...
    Clearly, you have not visited Bisonville. The whining is reaching a crescendo over there. Apparently, they were the better team but the refs took the game from them. Sure, a couple of Bison fans have come over here and offered congrats, but I would say a majority of the fanatics over on Bisonville are full-on whining. It's really pathetic.

I'll post screen grabs later. But they say:

1. Roehl wasn't down on that early play when he jumped up off the ground and took off. Video says he had a knee and elbow down, not to mention his back.

2. No interference on that play where the guy jumped through JaRon to tip the ball away. Video says he went right through Jaron.

3. The helmet to helmet hit was actually a shoulder pad. Video shows clearly the guy's helmet is in JaRon's face.

4. Minett didn't hit the pylon on the first 2-point conversion. Video shows clearly he did.

5. Humber was wrongly flagged for hitting Berry in bounds. Well... they're probably right on that one. That's football, fellas.

As I said, I'm encoding the video now and I'll post grabs on Bisonville later. That won't stop the whining, of course. Because the Bison have never actually LOST a game. They've only ever had games stolen from them by referees who are rooting for inferior teams.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Clearly, you have not visited Bisonville. The whining is reaching a crescendo over there. Apparently, they were the better team but the refs took the game from them. Sure, a couple of Bison fans have come over here and offered congrats, but I would say a majority of the fanatics over on Bisonville are full-on whining. It's really pathetic.

I'll post screen grabs later. But they say:

1. Roehl wasn't down on that early play when he jumped up off the ground and took off. Video says he had a knee and elbow down, not to mention his back.

2. No interference on that play where the guy jumped through JaRon to tip the ball away. Video says he went right through Jaron.

3. The helmet to helmet hit was actually a shoulder pad. Video shows clearly the guy's helmet is in JaRon's face.

4. Minett didn't hit the pylon on the first 2-point conversion. Video shows clearly he did.

5. Humber was wrongly flagged for hitting Berry in bounds. Well... they're probably right on that one. That's football, fellas.

As I said, I'm encoding the video now and I'll post grabs on Bisonville later. That won't stop the whining, of course. Because the Bison have never actually LOST a game. They've only ever had games stolen from them by referees who are rooting for inferior teams.
      Sorry...I meant no whining on our site. I'm sure they are at Bisonville. The early out-of-bounds hit on Berry wasn't. It was a bad call...if it was supposed to be a late hit, anyhow. The helmet-to-helmet late in the game was boarderline. At the game, I thought it was unsportsmanlike conduct. And, frankly, it should have been....for the no-class ball slap. So I guess you can call that a wash. Not that I'm trying to diminish the 15 yards...just trying to look at objectively....instead as of a Jack fan.

I guess if there will be whining...well, they can have a year's worth if that's what they want. That being said, though, it wasn't the best-officiated game I've seen on the whole.

Was the "late hit" on Berry where the concussion came from? Could they have ruled some type of blow to the head there? I haven't seen the replay. I'm just trying the figure out what the ref was thinking is all. Because at the game it sure looked like a gift for us. Not that I wasn't willing to take it.

A general observation: Holy crap was the playbook scaled back without Berry. But it all worked out quite nicely, thank you.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Wow, those guys on Bisonville are more delusional than I could even imagine. They can whine and cry, but we have the Marker.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Besides the fact that this game was not good on my ticker... it was a great game.... Great game players... And I will never forget this....
          Also, I have come to the conclusion that you like punctuation.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'm not really sure how the rule reads but I remember seeing a college game on TV where a similar thing happened and even though the hit was technically in bounds, he was clearing running out of bounds so that's why it was called. Some one that knows more about that actual rule might know. I thought head to head contact penalty was actually going to be for the guy that slapped the ball away. I just saw some refs call that on TV last week for delay of game. Anyways, Who really cares about what the bison fans think. Another great victory for the Jacks. Today (or probably tom) the seniors will be cleaning out their lockers, finding special teams scouting reports from 3 years ago, and taking the stools as they leave the locker room. Coach Stig will declare the year over and tell the juniors that they are now the leaders of this team. It's such a wierd feeling, still remember it like it was yesterday! Lastly, thanks to all the guys for everything and congratulations on a huge victory in Fargo that the vast majority of us can say that we never got to experience. Let's not let a streak like that every happen again. Go Jacks!

Comment

I've read through the Bisonville threads and we have to keep in mind there are a handful (or two) of posters who are doing the whining. As tough as it is, some of the Bison posters congratulated the Jackrabbits.

We all know message boards tend to bring out strong feelings, often written without a lot of advance thought.

Many of the Bison fans filing out of the game at its conclusion made a point of saying congrats to anyone wearing Jackrabbit colors. I saw/heard only a couple obnoxious fans who happened to be sitting above me, between me and the Pride. Every school has a couple of those guys, too. I wouldn't have stood in the way of someone punching one guy squarely in the face BUT the best possible result happened: We won. The little jerk left with a minute or so on the clock, flipping off the Jackrabbit fans as he went down the steps.

Think in the right circumstances we'd have at least one fan like that? Sure. That's football, too.

We won. JimmyJacks analysis of the tape bears out what many with more knowledge about the rules of the game said about the officiating: it was very accurate.

We won.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                Sorry...I meant no whining on our site. I'm sure they are at Bisonville. The early out-of-bounds hit on Berry wasn't. It was a bad call...if it was supposed to be a late hit, anyhow. The helmet-to-helmet late in the game was boarderline. At the game, I thought it was unsportsmanlike conduct. And, frankly, it should have been....for the no-class ball slap. So I guess you can call that a wash. Not that I'm trying to diminish the 15 yards...just trying to look at objectively....instead as of a Jack fan.

I guess if there will be whining...well, they can have a year's worth if that's what they want. That being said, though, it wasn't the best-officiated game I've seen on the whole.

Was the "late hit" on Berry where the concussion came from? Could they have ruled some type of blow to the head there? I haven't seen the replay. I'm just trying the figure out what the ref was thinking is all. Because at the game it sure looked like a gift for us. Not that I wasn't willing to take it.

A general observation: Holy crap was the playbook scaled back without Berry. But it all worked out quite nicely, thank you.
                I don't know this for fact, but I thought Berry got his bell rung on the draw play on the next drive where he got pancaked by a DL and LB.

Comment

Honestly though...if there is one gripe I have about the way football is officiated now-days, its the "protecting the Quarterback". If it were Minnett running down the sideline and taking a pop like that, there's no flag.

The ONLY reason the flag flew was because it was the QB, and while he wasn't "2 or 3 feet minimum from the sideline" as some Bisonville posters have said, he was more like a foot, but he wasn't even running out of bounds. Sure Humber could have simply pushed him out, but you know what, this isn't 2 hand touch in the backyard.

In my opinion, they are all big boys out there, they know they are going to take some hits, whether they are the QB or not. Let them play football.

All the other calls I agreed with.

Great game to watch, and congratulations Jackrabbits!
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Just got back from Fargo! What a game! I was part of the SDSU crew that was gaurding the Marker. The NDSU marketing people thought it would be funny to put the marker right in front of the student section. It was a great time and I heard some things that I had never heard before. haha. I just have to say great job players and that is one of the most exciting games I have been to. Thats all I have for now but wow was that awesome!
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

If you haven't ventured over to www.bisonville.com it is pretty interesting. It's about a 50/50 mix of people being gracious and those grasping at excuses and blaming the refs.

The best part of the win is the fact that it couldn't have been a more painful ending for the Bison!

Is it just me or does everything feel right in the world today???

How 'bout the Jacks!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I've read through the Bisonville threads and we have to keep in mind there are a handful (or two) of posters who are doing the whining. As tough as it is, some of the Bison posters congratulated the Jackrabbits.

We all know message boards tend to bring out strong feelings, often written without a lot of advance thought.

Many of the Bison fans filing out of the game at its conclusion made a point of saying congrats to anyone wearing Jackrabbit colors. I saw/heard only a couple obnoxious fans who happened to be sitting above me, between me and the Pride. Every school has a couple of those guys, too. I wouldn't have stood in the way of someone punching one guy squarely in the face BUT the best possible result happened: We won. The little jerk left with a minute or so on the clock, flipping off the Jackrabbit fans as he went down the steps.

Think in the right circumstances we'd have at least one fan like that? Sure. That's football, too.

We won. JimmyJacks analysis of the tape bears out what many with more knowledge about the rules of the game said about the officiating: it was very accurate.

We won.
                        It's more than a poster or two as you referenced. There is a large concensus that this game was stolen from them. They have great support from their fans, but it's pathetic when you refuse to give the opponent credit.

Comment

You guys really have an issue with the facts. First off you guys have a better team many have said it. Without Berry though I'd say it's a toss up. JackGuyII I see you pissing and moaning about the Bison fans on here and at AGS as much as the Bison fans are bitching (legitimately so) about the refs. I was at the game last night. I also watched the replays on tv after I got home over and over again. The DBack had his head over as far to the left as it would go. He didn't lead with his helmet. The only way he could move his head over further is rip it of his FVCKING neck and held it in his hands while he made the tackle. Sorry if you don't like the facts but I'd rather have the game decided on the field without the gifts from the refs going to either side. Last nights game was not decided by the players it was decided by the refs. Lastly you guys need to get your president and AD to allow the game to be broadcast so those of us who can't make it can have the same opportunity as you guys go to see last nights game on TV. Last year your jackass prez or AD didn't allow that to happen, pathetic. Congratulations on the game anyway for what it was.

Comment

I think the prez and AD are running the program just fine. The proof is in the pudding. You can again come see the marker at both basketball games this year.

I think the Bison fans should worry more about their own house instead of throwing rocks at others.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

classy! wouldn't have expected anything less
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                                I think the prez and AD are running the program just fine. The proof is in the pudding. You can again come see the marker at both basketball games this year.

I think the Bison fans should worry more about their own house instead of throwing rocks at others.
                                Did you watch the game last night? Wasn't it nice to be able to do that? If your president won't allow for it to happen why should you guys be able to watch the game? Is it our fault your president is worried he can't fill the stands if the games on TV?

Comment

Working...
                                X