X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacing Coughlin-Alumni Stadium

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Edit:
    Wanted to add one other thought....My 24-week pregnant, 2-time USD grad, wife will be there and has been to every game this year including Iowa State and will be going to Fargo...if you're not going because of the weather, I hope that thought makes you feel like a real pu$$y.
    Props to you. I couldn't even get my wife to go last week. My other ticket is once again not going to waste though and I'm trying to get more guys who are not even grads to come to the game. This team in the hunt for a conference title and possible playoff berth deserves support.

Comment

As SDSU upgrades the stadium, I hope that the school takes the long view for a 50 year window unlike the 15 year window used to build the DakotaDome.

We are in the right league for football. I hope we never move out of this collection of schools. Several of the schools are already looking to move to FBS. It would not surprise me if the MoValley decides to move up as a league. Average home attendence needs to be 15K to make that. Can handle a crowd of 9K once a year if have 20K four other times.

Jacks football is at or above my wildest expectations when announced the move. I hope we will see innovative and creative ways (seat warmers, heating strips in seat backs, wind cover to stands to bring in more fans for the games.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        Props to you. I couldn't even get my wife to go last week. My other ticket is once again not going to waste though and I'm trying to get more guys who are not even grads to come to the game. This team in the hunt for a conference title and possible playoff berth deserves support.
        My wife is still debating. Either way her ticket will go to somebody who wasn't planning to go but with the ticket in hand will show up.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Edit:
          Wanted to add one other thought....My 24-week pregnant, 2-time USD grad, wife will be there and has been to every game this year including Iowa State and will be going to Fargo...if you're not going because of the weather, I hope that thought makes you feel like a real pu$$y.
          AMEN to that statement. Rep pts.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

If that's not the post of the year, it's right up there! More rep points ... and way to go Mrs. propar!

I'm also glad we have an administration that is looking to the future!

Personally, I would like to see an 18,000 - 20,000 seat stadium on the same site. I'm assuming the Dykhouse Center is located where it is to be part of the stadium, and while the scoreboard can be moved, it would be an unnecessary expense.

The new/renovated CAS can be done in phases, starting with a new east side grandstand. I'm no engineer or safety expert, but I would think even that could be done in phases so that completed sections could be used during the season. Throw the end zones into the first phase as well as those could be completed in a short amount of time.

Then move to the west side. While the grandstand is structurally sound, it needs some work and I would expect a study of some sort will be done to determine if or when it will need to be replaced.

I think it goes without saying that the stadium should be designed for expansion in the future as needed.

As I've stated before, I'm old school and would LOVE to keep the natural turf. Although I'm resigned to the fact we're probably gonna have that plastic crap sooner than later.

A fair amount of work can be done in the off-season. While on a much, much smaller scale, the city of Sioux Falls renovated and expanded Sioux Falls Stadium (the baseball field) in one off-season, from September to April. However, I realize there's a big difference between starting construction in September vs November or December (if that can even be done).
            "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
              There was a caller on Craig and John's show yesterday who commented that we need to stop scheduling unfamiliar foes like Cal Poly and McNeese and should be scheduling names people are more familiar with like UXD's.
              I don't suppose those yahoos had the nads nor the knowledge to set the caller straight and explain the lunacy of his thinking?
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                I don't suppose those yahoos had the nads nor the knowledge to set the caller straight and explain the lunacy of his thinking?
                That would be a correct assumption. Unfortunately that was the last call they took that segment because I had my cell in hand ready to go. I had cooled down and changed the station before they came back on.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure they were moving on to something interesting like USF croquet or Augustana chess.

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Comment

*bump* as someone has started a new thread on this topic. Thought they might want to read what was here.

Comment

They can make a new stadium but as long as they still make the other team march from the HPER to the field, I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                          They can make a new stadium but as long as they still make the other team march from the HPER to the field, I'll be happy.
                          Personally, not a huge fan of that. I think it's pretty bush league to make them walk that distance

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            Personally, not a huge fan of that. I think it's pretty bush league to make them walk that distance
                            Agreed. Let them have a locker room, a decent locker room. But use the IOWA (right jimmyjack) and paint that thing pink!!!

But really, we need to have a facility that represents our university, and as much as I love CAS and love coming back there, we could have much better. I can't wait until I can help out with that. Student=broke, but when I am not, I will give what I can to help out with this project.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Let me give you some insight what the does for the physchee (sp?) of your opponent by making them walk from Frost. It absolutely infuriates your opponent and I believe gives them a headstart into the game.

I played 3 games at CAS, and I love the rivalry as you can tell from prior posts, but that isn't classy to do that to the other team. What I have learned from being on this board periodically is there is alot of classy fans at SDSU, and this doesn't fit your MO.

Many of you take shots at the Dome, but I would almost guaranty every opponent that played both would prefer USD to SDSU for that reason alone. I may be wrong, but I would bet not. Now when I played, we played outdoors and that was a dump. But effective. You sorta get used to it and love like you do a 3 legged cat for a pet.

I would put that on my 5 year plan for capital improvements if I was your AD.

Comment

I, too, agree on this point. Yoteforever presents a perspective that may have some validity: the one + block walk may just tick the opponents off enough to make them come out firing.

Comment

Working...
                                X