Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri State

The game this weekend was awesome. This team is starting to really hit on all cylinders. Granted Missouri State isn't one of the better teams we have played, but we got on them early and never let up. The other great thing is that the team is getting healthy for the stretch run.

The attendance issue is frustrating. You aren't going to change traditions like pheasant or deer hunting. It would be nice if the ticket holders that aren't going to make the game would get the tickets to someone that will use them. We need butts in those padded seats!

As for the students, I just don't get it but I haven't been student age for a while. It was a beautiful day, we are tied for the conference lead, and the games are very entertaining. We wouldn't miss a game when I was in school. Several have said they don't think it is fun anymore. Maybe that needs to be taken to heart and some things could be done to engage them more. Coming up with a points reward system for attending games. You could get extra points for late-season football games and non-conference basketball games. There would need to be some meaningful prizes at the end. Have some different themes where they could dress up (Halloween, etc.). It just seems like more could be done to get them involved.

I'm all for moving The Pride either in front of the Dykhouse Center or under the scoreboard. For one thing, everyone would be able to hear them better then where they are now. If you are on the North side of the stadium it is tough to hear them. Plus, it would give them much better access to the field at halftime.

One thing is for sure, winning can cure most things and if the Jacks can be contenders year after year then the interest level will continue to increase. Making Coughlin Alumni Stadium the place where people want to be is the goal. By the way, compare the attendance this year to the last few and we are definitely moving the right direction!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Its a great place to be in for this team heading into a huge home finale again Illinois State. Win this one Jacks and then we'll worrry about those road games to end the season.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        The game this weekend was awesome. This team is starting to really hit on all cylinders. Granted Missouri State isn't one of the better teams we have played, but we got on them early and never let up. The other great thing is that the team is getting healthy for the stretch run.

The attendance issue is frustrating. You aren't going to change traditions like pheasant or deer hunting. It would be nice if the ticket holders that aren't going to make the game would get the tickets to someone that will use them. We need butts in those padded seats!

As for the students, I just don't get it but I haven't been student age for a while. It was a beautiful day, we are tied for the conference lead, and the games are very entertaining. We wouldn't miss a game when I was in school. Several have said they don't think it is fun anymore. Maybe that needs to be taken to heart and some things could be done to engage them more. Coming up with a points reward system for attending games. You could get extra points for late-season football games and non-conference basketball games. There would need to be some meaningful prizes at the end. Have some different themes where they could dress up (Halloween, etc.). It just seems like more could be done to get them involved.

I'm all for moving The Pride either in front of the Dykhouse Center or under the scoreboard. For one thing, everyone would be able to hear them better then where they are now. If you are on the North side of the stadium it is tough to hear them. Plus, it would give them much better access to the field at halftime.

One thing is for sure, winning can cure most things and if the Jacks can be contenders year after year then the interest level will continue to increase. Making Coughlin Alumni Stadium the place where people want to be is the goal. By the way, compare the attendance this year to the last few and we are definitely moving the right direction!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

The attendence thing is a mystery to me also. I still say the Missouri State game this past Sat. should've been the 2008 Hobo Day game.
        If "fans" are that tired of SDSU football after Hobo Day, make Hobo Day as late as possible.
        And I know, Hobo Day isn't all about the football game....even though it should be!!

I was still impressed with the 6100 that were there though...I think we all made some exceptional noise, even though IMO the outcome of the game wasn't in doubt for very long.

Great play buy the Jacks also...it was the exactly the kind of game they needed at this point in the season! Jaron needs to get a chance at the next level...he just gets better every game he plays. I expect an all-time shootout up in Fargo, with Jaron the MVP!!

Western laying a complete EGG against UNI, hurts though. I'm really afraid SDSU maybe the team screaming..."we got hosed" even if we win out and UNI wins out. The worst part will be, that SIU maybe the team that gets the at-large bid even if the Jacks beat them in Carbondale.

Lastly, I've been pretty critical of The Pride the past couple of years, and I just want to give them HUGE Props for playing and playing GREAT at Saturday's game. That Twisted Sister song is very cool!! Can you imagine how impressed the MiZ St. fans were??
        Just wish we could impress every visiting crowd with the rest of the Beef Bowl/Hobo Day atmosphere at CAS. It's the best IMO.

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Let's all beg and plead the Bears team that forgot to bring the "pain train" to CAS Saturday bring it in a big way this Saturday to the UNI Dome. UNI's last conference game is against ISU, so we know how that's going to go.

Bears need to dig deep and find that team that could've beat SIU and throw everything at the Panthers.

Come on Bears...help a Rabbit out!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Great day, great tailgating, pheasant burgers were fantastic!

Pheasant burgers??? Please do tell...

Recipes? Taste? How do you avoid getting them too dry?

Tips in preparing?

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
              Pheasant burgers??? Please do tell...

Recipes? Taste? How do you avoid getting them too dry?

Tips in preparing?
              Bacon my friend, bacon.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Great day, great tailgating, pheasant burgers were fantastic! Offense looked great. Nice to have Eric and our D-line back. Need to work on wrapping the QB up, I don't understand this flinging him around and letting him go business. Berry, Harris and Minett were amazing to watch. Kicking game is laughable at times and disappointing to say the least. Horrible decision by the coaches to try a 52 yard field goal. Gave them field position and allowed them to feel like they were still in the game going into the half. That was a really poor decision. Take a 5 yard delay penalty and punt it inside the 20. Maybe Priddy wasn't really ready, if thats the case, go for it.

Crowd was sparse but participated pretty well. Very disappointed in the student turnout. However, they don't cater to the students so they have little incentive to come to the game, HUGE MISTAKE by admin. Less than 50 students were tailgating and I don't blame them. If we only get 6000 again next weekend we need to figure something out. I'm worried about these low attendance numbers after Hobo Day and Nov 1st. We can't be expected to be looked at as a top rated program if people don't come to the games.

A little surprised that we didn't pick them off at all. Officials blew many calls, spots, the fumble by their QB, the pick-off they had and got called for interference, holding calls on 20 yard punts, etc... Really a bad crew on Saturday.

If you aren't planning to be at CAS next Saturday you are missing out. Our offense is hitting on all cylinders right now and the defense is getting healthy, going to be a fun last 3 weeks of the season.
                I saw the Yankton Jackrabbit Club flag flying when I hit tailgating Saturday morning, I thought about stopping over but I had some fresh PBR waiting for me

Comment

I am actually sorry to side with my fellow student body over the harassment by UPD. Something about this year with the football team going D-1 and the extra freshman have sent them over board. During the Hobo days game we were stopped by UPD twice, once for being un-sportsman like and cheering behind the opposing team and the other was for using keys as a noise making device.

The rules need to be changed or they need to stop being so stuck up about it. Many of my friends have stopped coming to games over being harassed about silly things.

P.S.
                  I have yet to missed a Jacks game in 3 years. Despite living in MN for the first year. Also I have never actually tail-gated at SDSU, so i have no idea if that might be a draw to actually go to games.

Comment

Bacon my friend, bacon.
                    That's the solution to almost any recipe dilemma.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by AJackedRabbit View Post
                      I am actually sorry to side with my fellow student body over the harassment by UPD. Something about this year with the football team going D-1 and the extra freshman have sent them over board. During the Hobo days game we were stopped by UPD twice, once for being un-sportsman like and cheering behind the opposing team and the other was for using keys as a noise making device.

The rules need to be changed or they need to stop being so stuck up about it. Many of my friends have stopped coming to games over being harassed about silly things.

P.S.
                      I have yet to missed a Jacks game in 3 years. Despite living in MN for the first year. Also I have never actually tail-gated at SDSU, so i have no idea if that might be a draw to actually go to games.
                      Two simple changes to keep from being harrassed by UPD.

1: Cheer for your team and be a good sport and don't taunt their players.

2: Use your God-given voice and hands to yell and clap instead of using cow bells or keys.

I don't really get why people are having so many problems at games, I've been going for years as a student and now alumn and have never had a problem.

Comment

I agree with Jacks-02, but I have to say, the keys thing is pretty crazy. Shaking the keys is a standard thing everywhere I've been before here (Iowa, Purdue, Oklahoma) and typically isn't even done except on kickoffs. It never made any sense to me (start the game car?) but it seems pretty harmless. Maybe students in the stands should all call each other at kickoff and see if they try to confiscate everyone's cell phone because it's an artificial noise maker.

Sometimes at SDSU we reinvent the wheel rather than look around and see what others are doing. Seems like our security and sportsmanship policy could use some rethinking.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Bacon my friend, bacon.
                          You can even use that trick with turkey. When you bake your turkey, lay smoked bacon on top of the turkey.

"I thought about stopping over but I had some fresh PBR waiting for me"(quote from mango)----Is there really such a thing as "fresh PBR". LOL!!! Sorry, I couldn't pass that up. When I was a kid, my dad would buy PBR (of course there wasn't as many selections back then).
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                            You can even use that trick with turkey. When you bake your turkey, lay smoked bacon on top of the turkey.

"I thought about stopping over but I had some fresh PBR waiting for me"(quote from mango)----Is there really such a thing as "fresh PBR". LOL!!! Sorry, I couldn't pass that up. When I was a kid, my dad would buy PBR (of course there wasn't as many selections back then).
                            Actually yeah it was fresh, a PBR distributor is an uncle of a friend of mine wo he brought a bunch of fresh stuff for us

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              The attendence thing is a mystery to me also. I still say the Missouri State game this past Sat. should've been the 2008 Hobo Day game.
                              If "fans" are that tired of SDSU football after Hobo Day, make Hobo Day as late as possible.
                              And I know, Hobo Day isn't all about the football game....even though it should be!!

I was still impressed with the 6100 that were there though...I think we all made some exceptional noise, even though IMO the outcome of the game wasn't in doubt for very long.

Great play buy the Jacks also...it was the exactly the kind of game they needed at this point in the season! Jaron needs to get a chance at the next level...he just gets better every game he plays. I expect an all-time shootout up in Fargo, with Jaron the MVP!!

Western laying a complete EGG against UNI, hurts though. I'm really afraid SDSU maybe the team screaming..."we got hosed" even if we win out and UNI wins out. The worst part will be, that SIU maybe the team that gets the at-large bid even if the Jacks beat them in Carbondale.

Lastly, I've been pretty critical of The Pride the past couple of years, and I just want to give them HUGE Props for playing and playing GREAT at Saturday's game. That Twisted Sister song is very cool!! Can you imagine how impressed the MiZ St. fans were??
                              Just wish we could impress every visiting crowd with the rest of the Beef Bowl/Hobo Day atmosphere at CAS. It's the best IMO.

Go Jacks!!
                              I have to agree about the Pride. Thanks! I hope it's like that at EVERY football game at home. They are part of why the attendance was what it was. It should have been better but it was better than the last few years.

I think we have to find a name for all the football games. The Cereal Bowl, Beef Bowl and Hobo Day all have good crowds. Of course bringing in the beef producers helps. I know at one of the games there might be Junior or Senior Day. It seems like all that stuff is directed toward the 1st 3 games. You don't want to have "special visitors" when it's a blizzard but if you could spread out those things, it will help. I was disappointed in whole crowd except the band.
                              The only team that packs the house in November is NDSU. This year, it's to bad that the last 4 games weren't switched around. I could see big crowds for SIU and NDSU at home and SDSU winning at Missouri State and Illinois State. SDSU needs to play like they did last week to have a chance to win the last 2 weeks on the road(against quality teams).

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                Actually yeah it was fresh, a PBR distributor is an uncle of a friend of mine wo he brought a bunch of fresh stuff for us
                                Hope you know I wasn't slamming PBR as being a bad beer, just as one that isn't in the 'popular club' right now (I'm not a drinker so I wouldn't know a good beer from a bad beer). Seems like the popular beers are the Bud and Millers.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X