Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cal Poly is coming to town......

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
    Looking forward to the Mustangs coming to town. They are a classy program with good players, fans and coaches. I hope we continue to schedule them. Hopefully most of our injuries are healed and we will finally be a full strength again. Go Jacks !!!!!!!
    FF: Will miss seeing you at the tailgate. While I love tailgating, the Jackrabbit volleyball team will be playing at 4 and I seldom miss any Jacks competition, at least not if I can help it! Sure hope you are right about the injured players! GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
      Looking forward to the Mustangs coming to town. They are a classy program with good players, fans and coaches. I hope we continue to schedule them. Hopefully most of our injuries are healed and we will finally be a full strength again.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
      I feel the same way about the Jacks. Very classy program and fans and one of the top FCS programs. The Jacks made the transition to the FCS look easy, which it is not. I have talked to quite a few Cal Poly players, past and present, and almost to the man they say that the game with SDSU (Jacks not Aztecs) is the most physical game each year. One of these years I hope to make it back to party will all you great fans.

Comment

From Terry V's Blog at www.argusleader.com

An SDSU injury update: As expected, offensive tackle Casey Knips is not listed on the depth. Offensive tackle Casey Bender is projected as a starter, although he didn’t practice last week. Free safety Brock Campbell is an “or” to be in the starting lineup, while DT Eric Schroeder, NG Brian Fischer and SS Conrad Kjerstad are all listed as No. 2s. If this report holds up. so much for getting healthy during the bye week ...
        Like he said, so much for getting healthy during the bye week. One of our injured starters is likely to return, and that starter Bender did play a little versus McNeese. I am a little more nervous about our chances versus Poly if we are still missing a good portion of our defense.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

Like he said, so much for getting healthy during the bye week. One of our injured starters is likely to return, and that starter Bender did play a little versus McNeese. I am a little more nervous about our chances versus Poly if we are still missing a good portion of our defense.
          Campbell and Kjerstad also played some snaps against McNeese. I would have to think they're a bit healthier after the bye week. As Stig says, whoever's in there is first string and has to make the plays.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post

Also I do not know how inferior USD is. They did very well against a ranked Northern Iowa team keeping it close in a 24-13 loss. They actually put 415 yards on the Panthers compared to UNI's 324 yards of offense.
              UNI did a lot of experimenting with lineups and strategery in that game in preparation for the conference schedule. Coulda been 50-0.

Comment

Alright gambling addicts, what's the official line on the game Saturday? We have an arguement at the office on what it should be and I can't find a website with FCS lines on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  Don't believe everything you read about whether they are No. 1 or an "or" prior to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    Don't believe everything you read about whether they are No. 1 or an "or" prior to the game.
                    Are you saying TV gets some things wrong or that Coach Stig plays a little Bill Belichek with the injury report?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
                      UNI did a lot of experimenting with lineups and strategery in that game in preparation for the conference schedule. Coulda been 50-0.
                      This might be the best post I have ever read here. It uses the word "strategery" and it talks about crushing those disgusting puppies to the South. CapnCat you are awesome.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

SS - That's how ALL of our games go. I nearly have a coronary every Saturday. Why should things change now?

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
                        Cal Poly's defense has been inconsistant this season. I expect that SDSU will put move the ball and put points on the board. This game may come down to who has the ball last.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          Are you saying TV gets some things wrong or that Coach Stig plays a little Bill Belichek with the injury report?
                          I don't believe TV ever gets anything wrong...what he reports is factual.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                            Alright gambling addicts, what's the official line on the game Saturday? We have an arguement at the office on what it should be and I can't find a website with FCS lines on it.

Looks like the Jackrabbits are 4.5 point dogs according to one of the few sites that put FCS lines up. Can't post the site, I'm at work.

I'd take that action, but on the other hand, I'm a terrible gambler and a homer.

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I have it on good authority that all of the previously injured defensive players will all start. That's good. Barden is an unbelievable player, but Dally is the guy to worry about. If we can keep Dally in check, I think we'll be able to make them work a bit for points. Other guys might be better passers or athletes. But Dally is a gamer.

We still have some banged up offensive linemen, though. Pass protection will be key. Cal Poly's defense has been a sack machine this year.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                I have it on good authority that all of the previously injured defensive players will all start.
                                Yippee. This certainly is welcome news. Beating Cal Poly would ease a lot of the string from that McNeese loss. The Cal Poly game has the potential to be a season-changer, even though it's nonconference.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X