Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: McNeese State

Originally posted by McNeese72 View Post
    The speed of our WR's is overblown. I'm sure they can and ought to go to a man to man defense against us. Our Qb can throw a little and run a little but is not real good at either. And our offensive line, even though they are seniors, have spent their career goofing off in the weight room instead of working. And everybody knows we have no depth at runningback. Even with the cast coming off of Elrick Jones hand last week.

On defense, everybody knows we lost our low round NFL draft pick DE, therefore we have nothing left on the defensive line. Allen Nelson is a small linebacker but he is slow. And the db's are all young and inexperienced. Even with Jamelle Juneau back, after missing a year, at FS, I don't know if our secondary can handle the Jacks. Hell, I don't know why North Carolina waited until Jamelle was out of the game with an ankle injury before hitting some of those long passes they hit.
    I'm just hoping that with the injuries we have on defense your coach decides to treat this game like its the playoffs for your team
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
      I'm just hoping that with the injuries we have on defense your coach decides to treat this game like its the playoffs for your team
      LOL! Now that was funny. Good one.

Doc

Comment

I imported this from the polls thread. Call your family, neighbors and friends get them to Brookings Saturday.

McNeese sits at 4th in both polls. Very formidable opponent. The guys are going to need our support. Stig wants all of us there, you can count on that. If you don't make it a priority to see this game I have to question your Jackrabbit fanhood. Yes, I'm calling some of you out.

Up with the sun to get a parade spot, then set up tailgate gear from 8-9 am, head for the parade. If wife allows, leave parade at 10 am to begin tailgating. Attend game and cheer on the Jacks. Game over, pack up the gear and head back to Yankton for work on Sunday morning. Perfect Saturday in my simple mind.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

you can tailgate at bravos during the parade. $3 bloody marys, screwdrivers. cheap beer. bravos opens at 7 am. breakfast will be served.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
            Actually Nidaros, McNeese is in Lake Charles, Louisiana... Say doc, how far are you from Houma? Home of the world infamous Three Drunk Guy and a Hurricane during Gustav?
            I dont think Stephan F Austin is in Lake Charles Louisana. I was referring to last weeks game and not to THE McNeese game back in 2006 WHICH WAS ALSO A COME FROM BEHIND win. Thanks anyway. I was trying to call this great comeback to the attention of the McNeese fans. Hopefully we jump out front and stay there this coming Saturday. Do our Jacks give up? I dont think they do very often. Thats my point.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 09-30-2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

" I was trying to call this great comeback to the attention of the McNeese fans. Hopefully we jump out front and stay there this coming Saturday. Do our Jacks give up? I dont think they do very often. Thats my point."

McNeese fans know about the comeback and they also know how horrible sfa is. they didnt even win a game last year. you should be mad that they even got up on your team like that. dont put a lot of stock into that comeback so that in some other game during the year get down and wonder why they couldnt do it again. the game saturday will be a good one but there is no sfa coming to town.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I dont think Stephan F Austin is in Lake Charles Louisana. I was referring to last weeks game and not to THE McNeese game back in 2006 WHICH WAS ALSO A COME FROM BEHIND win. Thanks anyway. I was trying to call this great comeback to the attention of the McNeese fans. Hopefully we jump out front and stay there this coming Saturday. Do our Jacks give up? I dont think they do very often. Thats my point.
                Last weekend was a great effort by the Jacks and congrats are due. We as Cowboy fans are impressed with the comeback but have our questions about how the Jacks got into that position to begin with. SFA has really been a bad team the last couple years and as proved last week their coaching staff is clueless. We had a taste of your teams "Never give up" spirit in 2006 and so I doubt the Poke coaching staff will allow the team to get complacent before or during the game.

This is going to be a slobberknocker and we all know it so Saturday can't get here fast enough!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crossfire07 View Post
                  " I was trying to call this great comeback to the attention of the McNeese fans. Hopefully we jump out front and stay there this coming Saturday. Do our Jacks give up? I dont think they do very often. Thats my point."

McNeese fans know about the comeback and they also know how horrible sfa is. they didnt even win a game last year. you should be mad that they even got up on your team like that. dont put a lot of stock into that comeback so that in some other game during the year get down and wonder why they couldnt do it again. the game saturday will be a good one but there is no sfa coming to town.
                  The game from 2006 isn't relevant. The game against SFA last week isn't relevant. The McNeese loss at UNC isn't relevant. The outcome of the game depends only on how both teams play Saturday. If we play as poorly as we did against SFA its not going to be pretty for us, I'm certain of that.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    Has anyone here uttered a single word that suggests overconfidence about this game? I haven't seen it. I prefer to discuss what people actually say here, not some fantasy "bulletin board" material that doesn't exist. If you have something to say about the game, say it. Obviously, you'd like an opportunity to tell your MSU pals that we're dissing your team on our fan board, but I, for one, am not interested in taking your passive-aggressive bait.

Everybody here knows that McNeese is good. Our home record is good (18-4 since we moved up). It's homecoming here. So it's going to be a tough game.
                    ???????????????????????????? Geez man, take a pill. Doc is talking tongue in cheek and nobody is going back to our board and telling our "MSU pals" that anyone here is dissing our team. Most MSU fans have nothing but respect for the SDSU program and what they have accomplished since moving up. We look forward to this game and Hobo Day (and have been for a couple of years now).

Comment

actually i was suprised there wasnt no dissing. nothing wrong with a little smack before the big game. both sides have repect for both teams.
                      but that record after moving up is wrong. your 18-5

Comment

Originally posted by crossfire07 View Post

SDSU thought SFA was horrible too last year. You guys at McNeese better be ready for them as they seem to have a very good pass offense that worked against SDSU. I dont know that much about the Southland Conference, but I suspect SFA will win some games this year, and you best hope McNeese is not a W for SFA. SDSU is probably done playing SFA for a while, but you guys get them every year and I would not take them for a gimme game. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese75 View Post
                          ???????????????????????????? Geez man, take a pill. Doc is talking tongue in cheek and nobody is going back to our board and telling our "MSU pals" that anyone here is dissing our team. Most MSU fans have nothing but respect for the SDSU program and what they have accomplished since moving up. We look forward to this game and Hobo Day (and have been for a couple of years now).
                          As I said before, your hilarious post clearly implied we're overconfident. It also suggested we're not good. Now you say it's just a joke. Funny.

Back to the game: I tried to look at MSU's two-deep, but the weekly game notes on their football Web site links to a baseball news release. Neat.

SDSU's overview is helpful. McNeese has a senior QB, a senior-dominated offensive line with some good size, and some very good wide receivers let by Steven Whitehead who is small but killed us in Lake Charles. They've allowed only one sack, and with our injuries in the secondary, getting pressure will be key. My question for MSU supporters: Can your QB run? That always seems to give us some trouble.

As for SFA, Terry Vandovec from the Argus Leader saw them against us for two years and said they're vastly improved with their new passing scheme. And it's worth remembering, as Terry notes, that they gave NDSU a good half of football in Fargo two years ago. They have historically been the weakest team in a historically weak (other than McNeese) conference. But I think they'll surprise some people this year.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

[quote=JimmyJack;88920]

SDSU's overview is helpful. McNeese has a senior QB, a senior-dominated offensive line with some good size, and some very good wide receivers let by Steven Whitehead who is small but killed us in Lake Charles. They've allowed only one sack, and with our injuries in the secondary, getting pressure will be key. My question for MSU supporters: Can your QB run? That always seems to give us some trouble.

McNeese has a junior QB who played as a redshirt freshman against SDSU in 2006. One of the strong points of the offense is that Derrick Fourroux (pron. fah'-roo) can run very well. However, his maturity has allowed him to pick his spots as to when to run. Having a good crew of wide receivers has helped his passing game out of the spread formation improve dramatically since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              As I said before, your hilarious post clearly implied we're overconfident. It also suggested we're not good. Now you say it's just a joke. Funny.
                              Uh......75 does not equal 72.

My post was meant to be a little humorous sandbagging but if you want to take it serious go ahead. I'm not going to talk any smack.

Doc

P.S. Our Qb is a very good runner.

P.P.S. Is it Friday, yet?

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72 View Post
                                Uh......75 does not equal 72.

My post was meant to be a little humorous sandbagging but if you want to take it serious go ahead. I'm not going to talk any smack.

Doc

P.S. Our Qb is a very good runner.

P.P.S. Is it Friday, yet?
                                Sounds like at least 75 & 72 are coming up. Any idea on how many McNeese fans will be up?

I tried getting back onto GeauxCowboys, but it's not liking that I've been there before (rabidrabbit is taken) but won't send me a password reset.

Comment

Working...
                                X