X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jim Langers Editorial Brookings Register

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    I haven't said one thing about this thread, but feel compelled to speak up when someone from the UPD decides he needs to come on board...

I hereby make this my nomination for Post of the Day of SDSUfans, dated this 24th Day of September, 2008...

Comment

Comment

I found the Lt's photo on myspace. Its a safe link.

http://a151.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...31d1e97946.jpg
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Perfect

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU PD Lieutenant View Post
            Thanks bluehatman. I was told about this thread last night by the Chief but I did not realize I was going to be greeted before I even had a chance to register or post. And for the record I do not "play" on facebook or other community websites. At the direction of Chief Heaton (and always with my actual name and rank); I provide facts when misinformation runs a muck, clarification when it is clearly needed and protection when safety issues become apparent. Protecting the SDSU community transcends the physical realm of campus, internet based crime is here and someone needs to patrol cyber space.

As far at the topic of this thread goes, it seems that a number of people here have already clarified things nicely and without any input from me. I would be willing to bet they are the same people who I see in the tailgate area enjoying themselves, supporting SDSU athletics and respecting one another. We appreciate and thank people like that for making the Backyard the kind of place/event it is supposed to be.

See you on Hobo Days.

Lieutenant Michael Kilber
            SDSU Police Department

One word comes to mind when I read this post.....pathetic. A distinguished alumni writes a letter about our SDSU Police Department and an officer has to come onto a fan board and try to defend the department. Extremely unprofessional. PATHETIC PATHETIC PATHETIC.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Please give him a bull horn so he can go over the rules.

Comment

Remember how Barney had just one bullet which he kept in his buttoned shirt pocket? One of the greatest TV characters of all time!

Comment

I think this comes down to a simple matter of approach - both by law enforcement and by tailgaters. Some 'citizens' are simply predisposed to push back when told what they're doing is wrong. Some law enforcement officers are predisposed to simply order someone to change behavior. Neither of these personalities are helpful in ensuring that a fun and safe environment is maintained. I got absolutely no impression of this atmosphere while tailgating at CAS last fall, but it does seem like some healing is definitely in order. I think that a more laid back attitude and approach by both sides is needed.

Hoping the environment improves before the Bison return...

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
                    I think this comes down to a simple matter of approach - both by law enforcement and by tailgaters. Some 'citizens' are simply predisposed to push back when told what they're doing is wrong. Some law enforcement officers are predisposed to simply order someone to change behavior. Neither of these personalities are helpful in ensuring that a fun and safe environment is maintained. I got absolutely no impression of this atmosphere while tailgating at CAS last fall, but it does seem like some healing is definitely in order. I think that a more laid back attitude and approach by both sides is needed.

My sentiments exactly, can we just let this one die, it has been long and painful enough already.
                    Is is always a good day to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by WIJack View Post
                      My sentiments exactly, can we just let this one die, it has been long and painful enough already.
                      Agreed. It was already in the last throes when the UPD decided to do a drive by.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

If the resident threadkiller would like to officially declare this thread dead or a mod locked it up it would be great.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I made a subtle attempt 40 posts ago by trying to steer the topic to Jim Langer's HoF trivia. I guess that didn't work.

Please, let this just die. Nothing constructive can come from this point forward.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Going once, ....
                            going twice...
                            Dead and locked!

Comment

Working...
                            X