Ndsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ndsu

Now that this game has sunk in a bit, I was wondering who made that hit on Roehl late in the game to create that fumble. I saw a replay of it on the Coach Bohl show and man whoever laid Roehl out deserves big props for that hit. Roehl is the type of player that always falls forward after a run and never gets falls backward in finishing a run. But on that hit he got smoked. I have not seen a hit that hard in a long time. I can't blame Roehl for giving up the ball on that run, he just laid on the ground without moving for a long time after that hit. SDSU made a lot of big plays in the game, but I think that would be my vote for play of the game. That was huge.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
      Now that this game has sunk in a bit, I was wondering who made that hit on Roehl late in the game to create that fumble. I saw a replay of it on the Coach Bohl show and man whoever laid Roehl out deserves big props for that hit. Roehl is the type of player that always falls forward after a run and never gets falls backward in finishing a run. But on that hit he got smoked. I have not seen a hit that hard in a long time. I can't blame Roehl for giving up the ball on that run, he just laid on the ground without moving for a long time after that hit. SDSU made a lot of big plays in the game, but I think that would be my vote for play of the game. That was huge.
      For me it is a toss-up between that play and Koenig's TD run on 4th & 1 late in the game. On that particular run he plowed over one guy and made a couple of others miss. Everyone in the west grandstand had a great view of the play and it was a huge score in a critical part of the game.

Comment

The hit on Roehl was by Chris Johnson and Jimmy Rogers. I was talking to the Bison students sitting next to me and they said they couldn't remember him ever being hit and falling backwards, they also couldn't remember a game that he fumbled in. Also, if you watch the hightlight of the 4th down conversion it looks like Cory is about to be stopped but Joe Mays came in to finish him off and took out his own man. Those two were definitely the play of the game (ok plays but I can't decide).
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
          The hit on Roehl was by Chris Johnson and Jimmy Rogers. I was talking to the Bison students sitting next to me and they said they couldn't remember him ever being hit and falling backwards, they also couldn't remember a game that he fumbled in. Also, if you watch the hightlight of the 4th down conversion it looks like Cory is about to be stopped but Joe Mays came in to finish him off and took out his own man. Those two were definitely the play of the game (ok plays but I can't decide).
          Aanonsen's punt return was absolutely phenomenal. Not sure if any of you have returned kicks but the concentration he showed to catch that ball and the tackles he eluded to take it to the goal were amazing. I'd vote for that play not intending to take anything away from Chris and Jimmy or from Cory. Cole's blocked punt was also huge. Man, I wish there was a football game at CAS this weekend.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Aanonsen's punt return was absolutely phenomenal. Not sure if any of you have returned kicks but the concentration he showed to catch that ball and the tackles he eluded to take it to the goal were amazing. I'd vote for that play not intending to take anything away from Chris and Jimmy or from Cory. Cole's blocked punt was also huge. Man, I wish there was a football game at CAS this weekend.
            I was talking to a buddy today about the game and I darn got depressed that SDSU football is over. I agree, wish there was another game next weekend.

Comment

JimmyJack, when can we expect hightlights on Youtube? Will it be an extended version?
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Would anyone agree with me that...ya know during the course of a game lots of plays happen and are fun to watch...but when you witness(especially live) a blocked punt it is one of the coolest most exciting plays you could ever see that just gets everyone jacked up?!?!?! haha i freaking love them

Comment

All those plays were very important. For Aanonsen to run that punt back when he was given barely any room to field he punt, I was very impressed with that play. The ending interception was huge with the Bison moving down the field. What more can you say about Jimmy Rogers play this year. How many times did we hear his name on the loud speaker for being in on the tackle. Koenig never gave up on any of his runs. The Bison fans around us even commented on this hard work. For the Bison players to have him stopped only to have him summon more drive to get that TD was huge. The only downside I had regarding the game was the play in the third quarter. I seemed like we were letting the Bison back in the game with the way the Jacks were playing. Both teams get credit for a great game. I'm just glad it ended they way it did.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    JimmyJack, when can we expect hightlights on Youtube? Will it be an extended version?
                    I should have something put together by tomorrow afternoon. Lots of highlights there. Might be a longer one. Thanks for asking.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      I should have something put together by tomorrow afternoon. Lots of highlights there. Might be a longer one. Thanks for asking.

Sweet.

Comment

I was at the scrimmage at Howard Wood in Sioux Falls before the season started. For about 20 minutes before the scrimmage Aanonsen and a coach were working on punt returns. When the ball would be coming down to Aanonsen there was a coach who had about 10 objects (kinda looked like dummies used to train dogs to retrieve), as the ball came down he would throw them at Paul around his head and body. This simulated the chaos that occurs as a returner is trying to field a punt. I've thought of that drill many times this year when he would field a punt in a crowd of defenders. What concentration and, more than that, intestinal fortitude!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                          I was at the scrimmage at Howard Wood in Sioux Falls before the season started. For about 20 minutes before the scrimmage Aanonsen and a coach were working on punt returns. When the ball would be coming down to Aanonsen there was a coach who had about 10 objects (kinda looked like dummies used to train dogs to retrieve), as the ball came down he would throw them at Paul around his head and body. This simulated the chaos that occurs as a returner is trying to field a punt. I've thought of that drill many times this year when he would field a punt in a crowd of defenders. What concentration and, more than that, intestinal fortitude!
                          The guy is crazy fearless. How many fair catches did Paul make this year? I remember one. Anybody have that number?
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            The guy is crazy fearless. How many fair catches did Paul make this year? I remember one. Anybody have that number?
                            I choose to remember none. Paul Aanonsen will never fair catch a punt, never.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                              Aanonson had the mentality every team dreams about having in a punt returner. Absolutely kamikazee crazy who had no fear whatsoever of being hit. He returned every punt like it was his last chance ever to do it. Gotta love that. Hopefully there's some other crazy SOB on the team that has the same drive as he had to replace him.

Comment

I choose to remember none. Paul Aanonsen will never fair catch a punt, never.
                                I told some of the NDSU fans this at the game on Saturday and they didn't believe me.

They couldn't believe the NDSU coaches wouldn't pick up on that and use it to their advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X