Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here we go "SU" fans!!!!

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Just picked up 5 pounds of Bison steak(called all over SF)!! I'm going to cut it up into tips, marinate for 24 hours to get the poop taste out of it, and Grill on Saturday for a bit of a "Bison Appateaser"!

Yummy!!!

Go Jacks!!
    Not trying to contribute to any smack but where can I get some of those tips on Saturday? Coach Bohl says his guys will get ready as soon as they finish looking for a bowl game that will take an FCS team with 1 loss.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Not trying to contribute to any smack but where can I get some of those tips on Saturday? Coach Bohl says his guys will get ready as soon as they finish looking for a bowl game that will take an FCS team with 1 loss.

DeSmet/Miller Mafia Section, just 3 or 4 spots north of the Yankton crew on the opposite side of the road. Come on over!!

My post was a little "Smacky" wasn't it? Sorry about that, can't help myself this week.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        DeSmet/Miller Mafia Section, just 3 or 4 spots north of the Yankton crew on the opposite side of the road. Come on over!!

My post was a little "Smacky" wasn't it? Sorry about that, can't help myself this week.

Go Jacks!!
        Well aware of the spot. Must admit that I'm a little intimidated by the mafia portion of the name. Fortunately, the first part of the name softens it quite a bit. I may wonder up your way. We'll have a couple of fire pits, some smores, some "hot" hot chocolate, and plenty of meat at our site if you decide to wonder south. Thanks for the invite and see you this Saturday.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
          TIPOFF? Am I missing something? MJA, are you going to make to Brookings this weekend?
          I am the one missing something. Wife reminds me of that all the time. Also, can't make it back this weekend. Will effectively have gone 0-fer this season for actual attendance although I've watched all available on the net and listened to the rest. Unfortunately, the 8 hour drive, 2 lil ones and (mainly) my job makes it hard to get back. This week family obligations (wife's side - non SDSU lifers) are keeping me tied to the Greater Milwaukee Area this weekend. I'm, once again, relegated to watching the game on my computer screen.

Most of my side of the family (20+ strong definite attendees this weekend) will be there in full SDSU gear reporting with mandated text messages and phone calls.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Well aware of the spot. Must admit that I'm a little intimidated by the mafia portion of the name. Fortunately, the first part of the name softens it quite a bit. I may wonder up your way. We'll have a couple of fire pits, some smores, some "hot" hot chocolate, and plenty of meat at our site if you decide to wonder south. Thanks for the invite and see you this Saturday.

Doc, I can only assume you mean the "DeSmet" part is what softens it. The Lennox fear of all that is Miller related is well-documented.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
              I am the one missing something. Wife reminds me of that all the time. Also, can't make it back this weekend. Will effectively have gone 0-fer this season for actual attendance although I've watched all available on the net and listened to the rest. Unfortunately, the 8 hour drive, 2 lil ones and (mainly) my job makes it hard to get back. This week family obligations (wife's side - non SDSU lifers) are keeping me tied to the Greater Milwaukee Area this weekend. I'm, once again, relegated to watching the game on my computer screen.

Most of my side of the family (20+ strong definite attendees this weekend) will be there in full SDSU gear reporting with mandated text messages and phone calls.
              Sorry you can't make it. I know the issues of family and activites (job included). We know you will be cheering for the Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                Doc, I can only assume you mean the "DeSmet" part is what softens it. The Lennox fear of all that is Miller related is well-documented.
                That may be true but this MD is a Hamlin grad whose has a large family in DeSmet. Anyone from Miller remember the 1990 state A basketball tourney or the 11B football playoffs?

Back on track, great guys from both Miller and DeSmet at SDSU during my time there. Can't wait to see a bunch of them at the game Saturday. Wear blue if you have it, yellow is okay, dress warm and cheer loud.

Comment

The name came from the fact that if you ever run into someone you know from DeSmet/Miller, there's always two or three others around. The old guys from Brookings get a kick out of it and coined the phrase.
                  I think the "pack" mentality might have started in order to keep MJA from getting booted from the Safari back in the day??

Sorry for the drift...I'll rein it in as soon as MJA responds, which should be classic by the way.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

That may be true but this MD is a Hamlin grad whose has a large family in DeSmet. Anyone from Miller remember the 1990 state A basketball tourney or the 11B football playoffs?

Back on track, great guys from both Miller and DeSmet at SDSU during my time there. Can't wait to see a bunch of them at the game Saturday. Wear blue if you have it, yellow is okay, dress warm and cheer loud.

There should be a bunch. I've got to wear my yellow, GO BIG. GO BLUE. GO JACKS shirt I purchased this year at the bookstore(huge standing "O" this year for that place by the way).
                    It's 6-0 this year when being worn. I didn't wear it to Omaha, where I was listening to the Jacks/Ga. Southern game with fellow Jacks fans, and we all know what happened there.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

I am officially getting really freeking excited about the game on Sat.

Just wondering if they were going to do something cool like bring the marker and/or gameball with the presidents onto the field in the Avera helicopter or something cool like that.

Any insight would be great.

The helicopter drop is awesome from field level.

Comment

Saw this week that the Sports Connection has all of their SDSU clothing marked 20% off for the big event. So if you don't have much blue you now have an outlet
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Watching the Oregon/Arizona football game right now. Dixon is out with a twisted knee. I hope both teams remain healthy throughout the game this weekend. The truck is filled with gas, my bags are packed, just need to get through the day tomorrow. We'll be headed out late in the afternoon tomorrow.

Comment

just need to get through the day tomorrow.
                            This may be easier said than done. On my way home from work today I was so jacked up I can't imagine making it through the day tomorrow.

Gates open at 11:30 and I have GA seats. I am going to be ready then.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

I cannot lie. I am very, VERY excited about the game. I talk about it almost hourly with an NDSU grad at work. Leave early Saturday, breakfast at Cubby's, to the Backyard at 10:15 or so to meet a couple of others. Adult beverages and a Bison beatdown (I've sworn to emit only positive vibes this week ... sorry NDSUers). Should be an AMAZING atmosphere. Just me and 17,000 of my closest freinds. Maybe I'll see some of you around.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                                This may be easier said than done. On my way home from work today I was so jacked up I can't imagine making it through the day tomorrow.

Gates open at 11:30 and I have GA seats. I am going to be ready then.
                                I've got some GA's and some reserved. With kids its hard to sit down that early. I plan to let some other people use the reserved seats while trying to grab a spot in an endzone for my kids. Last week my oldest hung out with Megan V. for part of the game. I just wondered the sideline. Not going to have that luxury this weekend, which is good. I'll be up at the crack of dawn Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X