Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southern Utah

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    That was funny. I'm giving rep points for maintaining good humor and attitude under adverse circumstances.

Jack4Life: What will you do when all the other parents stand up and cheer and clap their hands in that odd, stiff manner that seems to be the vogue with that cheer stuff?
    Probably suck the gas pipe...

Comment

One other thing to remember about Southern Utah is the sportsmanship of the team. Every year it seems like there are 3 or 4 personal fouls called. They've been the most classless team I've seen since our move to FCS. Besides trying not to overlook them, we need to make sure our guys stay away from the trash talking and cheap stuff. They've baited us into a few personal fouls over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
        One other thing to remember about Southern Utah is the sportsmanship of the team. Every year it seems like there are 3 or 4 personal fouls called. They've been the most classless team I've seen since our move to FCS. Besides trying not to overlook them, we need to make sure our guys stay away from the trash talking and cheap stuff. They've baited us into a few personal fouls over the years.
        Good point. They were the about the chippiest bunch of jerks I've seen in CAS, too. I recall watching one of their lineman got a personal foul for shoving one of our guys. He was jumping around like a maniac screaming at the officials. His teammates had to hold him back.

A smart coach would say to himself: I better get that guy out of there and cool him down before he does something even dumber. SUU's coaches, though, did nothing. A couple of plays later, the same guy got ANOTHER personal foul penalty for throwing a punch. It seems like the officials might have ejected him... I can't recall for sure.

Anyway, file that lack of control of players as reason #906 why SUU's coach won't be employed at SUU two weeks from now.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
          100% agree. I wanted to walk out there myself at CAS 2 years ago. SUU is one cheap team and that makes me a little nervous. I hope they have cleaned up their act.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

We had them down 31-0 in the middle of the 3rd quarter and started emptying our bench. In the middle of the 4th quarter the score was 41-7. They scored two garbage TD's in the last five minutes or so against the last of the subs. We played everybody who made the trip to Cedar City. If I remember right, they had a total of 54 total yards of offense at the half. They got most of their offensive yardage late in the 3rd and in the 4th quarters.

They were a bad football team. We could have probably put 60+ points on them if we had been inclined to do so. But, this year we have been fortunate enough to be in position call off the dogs in the second half in most of our games this season..

Doc

Comment

Unless something changes, the Milwaukee Chapter of the Jackrabbits Club will be present for this weekend's game. I'm excited already.

By the way, I can't give Jacks4Life a bad time. I'm sitting on 2 daughters and counting. I see alot of cheerleading contests in my future.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                Unless something changes, the Milwaukee Chapter of the Jackrabbits Club will be present for this weekend's game. I'm excited already.

By the way, I can't give Jacks4Life a bad time. I'm sitting on 2 daughters and counting. I see alot of cheerleading contests in my future.
                Teach em Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, and Softball early. That way mom can't step in and say they need to be cheerleaders.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post

Good to hear you may be making it this weekend MJA!! I'm pretty sure "Stein" will be making his first appearance at the Miller/DeSmet Maifa Tailgate spot, so hopefully we see you there also!

BTW, get a set of golf clubs in the girl's hands ASAP. Any girl that can break 80 consistantly in tournament play is almost guaranteed a FREE-RIDE to an assortment of D-1 colleges.

Go Jacks!!
                  Last edited by propar80; 11-05-2007, 10:52 AM.
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    Good to hear you may be making it this weekend MJA!! I'm pretty sure "Stein" will be making his first appearance at the Miller/Maifa Tailgate spot, so hopefully we see you there also!

BTW, get a set of golf clubs in the girl's hands ASAP. Any girl that can break 80 consistantly in tournament play is almost guaranteed a FREE-RIDE to an assortment of D-1 colleges.

Go Jacks!!
                    Done and done. We'll see you there.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                      Teach em Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, and Softball early. That way mom can't step in and say they need to be cheerleaders.
                      Don't forget about dance classes. If you only had 2 hours to live, go to one of those recitals, it will seem like forever. Fortunately, my daughter who is a freshman at SDSU loves to tailgate so I got that going for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                        Don't forget about dance classes. If you only had 2 hours to live, go to one of those recitals, it will seem like forever. Fortunately, my daughter who is a freshman at SDSU loves to tailgate so I got that going for me.
                        My seven year old is in dance, and while the recitals are bad enough, the half hour practices are worse. She loves soccer though, and wants to start hunting soon. She thinks hunting any type of fowl is, "A waste of time. If I'm going to shoot something, it is going to be BIG! A deer would be OK, but I'm thinking elk or moose." Yes, she watches a lot of hunting shows.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          My seven year old is in dance, and while the recitals are bad enough, the half hour practices are worse. She loves soccer though, and wants to start hunting soon. She thinks hunting any type of fowl is, "A waste of time. If I'm going to shoot something, it is going to be BIG! A deer would be OK, but I'm thinking elk or moose." Yes, she watches a lot of hunting shows.
                          I feel your pain and I am starting to feel better about not being able to go Saturday. At our prime (2 daughters) we had nine classes. Yes, costumes for each one, too. Oh yeah, and don't forget the marching band, too. College looks cheap sometimes. Oh well, I still love 'em. Heck, with my luck, if we had boys, they would probably be in cheerleading!!!

I do need one favor from the forum. I need to sign up for the Summitt League video and audio. I know the website has been listed before, but can't remember where to look. If someone would put that up here, I would appreciate it. I need it for Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Here is the summit league link for audio and video:
                            https://www.nmnathletics.com//flexRe...OUNT_TYPE=USER

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Jam View Post
                              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Jam View Post
                                Can't get link to work. Is this for football and basketball or just football?

Comment

Working...
                                X