Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UC Davis game to be televised in SD

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    According to the guide on http://www.directv.com, it's on. I think you have to have the Total Choice package, which includes all the regional sports networks, to get it though.

Since most sports bars carry the NFL package and the NFL package is on Directv, you might be able to watch it at your friendly neighborhood sports bar, if you can talk the bar tender into switching one of the TVs.
    Actually, you need the Sports Pack if I'm reading the info correctly. The Total Choice package just gives you more entertainment-type channels. The Sports Pack is a different add-on package (it's like the premium movie packages).
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      PrairieWave here. Who in Yankton has MidCon and what will it take to get me in front of their/your TV???? Hell, I'll travel if someone wants to host a party. We should be able to make something happen.
      Hey they are televising it in Lake Norden!!

Comment

PrairieWave here. Who in Yankton has MidCon and what will it take to get me in front of their/your TV???? Hell, I'll travel if someone wants to host a party. We should be able to make something happen.
        One word: BROOKINGS!
        Come to Cubby's watch the football game and then go to Frost to see our Volleyball team in one of the last few home matches this season

Comment

Hey, Doc, talked to one of our Jacks Club member who I thought was a slam dunk, but he says he has to go to his grand daughters birthday on Saturday. Come on, what's more important! She and I have the same B-day and I am staying home looking for somone that I have not offended yet to watch the game with...Let's keep looking!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Well, you can always run out to Best Buy or Wal-Mart and pick one up. You'll have the dish up and working by kickoff time, I'm sure. A wonderful activity for a crisp autumn Saturday morning. (Leave enough time to hang on the phone to the satellite provider to turn on your service, though, we wouldn't want you to miss the first quarter.)

Also, make sure DirecTV (or Dish) knows exactly WHY you bought their system . . .
            Wouldn't it be easier to just pay the $9 to UC Davis for the game and watch in on the internet?

Comment

Article in the Argus online talking about the game.

http://argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll...40/1002/SPORTS

Gotta love this part the most:

...the Jackrabbits were able to strike a deal that will not cost them anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                Wouldn't it be easier to just pay the $9 to UC Davis for the game and watch in on the internet?
                Well, yah!!! But who's talking about easy?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Does anyone know if the game can be picked up in the Minneapolis area?? Could a sports bar pick it up, or someone who has the Dish Network???

Comment

Well, it appears I will be watching the game from the doctor's lounge at the hospital. Not the perfect environment but it will work. I'll have my sports radio along with to listen to Steve and Jerry.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Hey they are televising it in Lake Norden!!
                      I know several of the guys will be watching back in Lake Norden after hunting today. I can't be there, covering the hospital service this weekend. My youngest brother is actually out in San Fransico and will be at the game with his girlfriend.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

TVguide.com may say the game is on Dish Network 409 but that channel is not available in SD.

Comment

Just two hours till kickoff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                            TVguide.com may say the game is on Dish Network 409 but that channel is not available in SD.
                            If you upgrade your dish system to the Sports Pack you can get Comcast channel 409 here in SD. I talked with Dish last night, it will cost you an exta $5.99/month and then $5.00 if you want to cancel the service after the game. It might be worth keeping though, you get abother 20-30 channels of sports entertainment. They said they could have the channel showing in my living room within 15 minutes of my call.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Looks like JackMD and myself might be confined to my garage with WNAX.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Directv, and the Jacks game will be on here soon. Now I just want to see a jackrabbit W.

Comment

Working...
                                X