Clear All

Re: UC Davis

id like to see us score here and get up 21-0 before half

Comment

What a catch by Harris for the TD!!!

Comment

$31 Million dollars for 9000 permanent seat stadium. Wow, that is not very big.

Comment

24-0 at the half would have been even better, unfortunately Parker's field goal goes wide left. 21-0 jacks at the half.

Comment

Parker Douglas missed a FG with seconds to go in the half. About a 45 yarder. Emming stated it was long enough, but apparently it went wide. Lets keep going Jacks we are doing just fine.

Comment

Yeah 31 mil is a lot but you should have seen there last stadium. It wasnt up to most high school standards. I also think that the stadium was made to be easily expanded to over 20000.

Comment

It is nice, just small.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
                  Yeah 31 mil is a lot but you should have seen there last stadium. It wasnt up to most high school standards. I also think that the stadium was made to be easily expanded to over 20000.
                  I think this gives SDSU an idea of what is required for the future upgrades. Its going to be expensive. SDSU Foundation needs every dime we can get. CAS started out as an ambitious project and Charles Coughlin gave something like 50k and that was thought generous enough to get his name on staduim. The remainder was to be raised from ALums many who have never been solicited for any kind of a gift, and I understand one individual took the attitude that only large gifts were welcome. This turned a number of alums off and the funding for the West side came from guess who? The students and student activity fees. I was student when some of the fees were assessed, I did not feel a pinch of any kind. This time around, I think they will as they are already funding the Wellness Center.

I think we learned a great deal about fund raising during the Staduim for State drive that gave us CAS. Every nickel counts.

Comment

Davis fumble on the 2 yd line going in for TD...Jacks recover!!

21-6 Jacks still.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

And a little later on...Davis scores...going for 2...Good.

21-14 SDSU
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Deep ball to Harris and the Jacks up 28-14. Great pass from berry hits harris in stride.

Comment

Oh and about the stadium capacity. The announcers said that there is 9000 people on hand for the game and the stadium isnt even close to full. So im guessing that the actual capacity is probably around 15000, or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
                            Oh and about the stadium capacity. The announcers said that there is 9000 people on hand for the game and the stadium isnt even close to full. So im guessing that the actual capacity is probably around 15000, or more.
                            Are you referring to how the stadium looks now or in the first half. They have mentioned over on the Aggie Board that the students left at halftime.

http://p207.ezboard.com/SDSU--UCD-Ga...icID=506.topic

(about ten or eleven posts down.)
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

koenig scores on a big run.. called back on a holding that wasnt a hold. grrr. jacks need to keep the ball moving to run out the clock. score is 28-21 jacks

Comment

They said on TV that the stadium had 9000 permanent seat with 1700 or so on the grass in the end zones.

Comment

Working...
                                X