SDSU vs USD in Sx Falls???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs USD in Sx Falls???

i think there is no question that at the ndsu game there will be a new record, students are already talking about the game, and if we can get 14,900 and 15,000 plus for games with a sub .500 record against teams from texas who only bring 30 fans. i think there could easily be over 1,000 tundra humpers from the north that come down for the ndsu game, and there u have it sold out, and new record at CAS

Comment

The big thing with the NDSU game is going to be weather. If it is a nice fall day expect big numbers but if it is a cold windy day I could see under 10,000..... If its cold a lot of people don't make the trip especially older folks, and the students start drinking earlier and don't attend the game. I sure hope the NDSU game is a record game but I think the main factor will be weather. I think that UNI would of broke records if it would of been a little bit warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        The big thing with the NDSU game is going to be weather. If it is a nice fall day expect big numbers but if it is a cold windy day I could see under 10,000..... If its cold a lot of people don't make the trip especially older folks, and the students start drinking earlier and don't attend the game. I sure hope the NDSU game is a record game but I think the main factor will be weather. I think that UNI would of broke records if it would of been a little bit warmer.
        Under 10,000. Not a chance.

Comment

How about this. For the first DI USD vs SDSU game you schedule it in Lincoln at Husker Memorial. Make it big time. Put the game on Fox Sports. Pimp it for like 3 years ahead of time. After that game you start playing in Brookings and start alternating every year after that. It would be great to play in Sioux Falls if there was a true FBS facility there. There is not and Lincoln is the closest. If you were to schedule the game during a bye week for the Huskers you might actually get a pretty good local turnout. The one negative for you guys is that you know that any local who shows up to this game is going to cheer for the team in red. If this ever happened, I would drive down to watch it as well.
          Last edited by Bison101; 10-05-2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I hope you are right that there is over 10,000 there even if there is a blizzard. I love the Lincoln idea or we could move it up to Fargo maybe? Then USD wouldn't be able to say it was played outdoors and thats why we lost by 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
              Agreed, I would be stunned, floored, dumbfounded if less than 10,000 showed up for a game with NDSU at CAS. My wife and I will be there for sure.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                Barring a blizzard, no way under 10,000, even if it is cold. Can't wait, that is football weather. Don't ya wish we played in a dome, not!!

Comment

I've changed my mind on any future play between these two teams. If there has to be another Dakota team scheduled, maybe SDSU could play UND and NDSU could play USD. I can't even see this happening until after 2015. As for USD/SDSU, I'd think 2025 at the earliest. Too many hard feelings. This needs to cool down for about twenty years or so. Mid-twenties is soon enough in any sport. Let those of us who have good memories of the rivalry have their peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                    I've changed my mind on any future play between these two teams. If there has to be another Dakota team scheduled, maybe SDSU could play UND and NDSU could play USD. I can't even see this happening until after 2015. As for USD/SDSU, I'd think 2025 at the earliest. Too many hard feelings. This needs to cool down for about twenty years or so.
                    Rep points...I'd give you two if I could!

Comment

I've changed my mind on any future play between these two teams. If there has to be another Dakota team scheduled, maybe SDSU could play UND and NDSU could play USD. I can't even see this happening until after 2015. As for USD/SDSU, I'd think 2025 at the earliest. Too many hard feelings. This needs to cool down for about twenty years or so. Mid-twenties is soon enough in any sport. Let those of us who have good memories of the rivalry have their peace.
                      You earned all the rep points I can give you...2025 or later is good enough for me.

Comment

I don't say it with happiness. This kind of two-sided poison hurts both sides and the state IMHO. Still, with what's gone on, it's best to let things cool WAY down.

Comment

I don't say it with happiness. This kind of two-sided poison hurts both sides and the state IMHO. Still, with what's gone on, it's best to let things cool WAY down.
                          I don't know about 2025, but a cool down is a good thing. I think we need to see how USD handles its FCS transition, particularly if they upgrade their event security and sportsmanship policies as SDSU has so that a rivalry game can be more about the game and less about the stupid antics of students (on both sides.) I should add that policies are one thing and enforcement quite another. That piece is key to this question of renewing the rivalry. I think USD fans might be surprised with the changes in the way events are expected to go at this level. The old "boys will be boys" policies and "look the other way" enforcement won't cut it.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I could re-clip my old KU-MU and Antlers stories from other threads but won't do it now. Let's just say there's been far worse at other venues. The fans don't take it as seriously, however.

Comment

Working...
                            X