Parker Douglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parker Douglass

There is plenty of blame to go around. The play calling, coaching, turnovers, penalties or whatever. I have got to hand it to the Jacks, they fought back and made it a game. I was ready to mail it in at half time, but had too much beer left. Congrats to the Jacks for their fight, but still, we need some wins...

Comment

Your Qb had a wonderful day, were it not for that final pick. he is a winner though.
      Koenig is a beast. That forward progress call that went against you guys in the 1st half was a really bad call.

Comment

should parker of made it yes but I don't think its his fault that the team got down big he was plowed into the previous time he was on the field the field looked alil damp and I believe he was kicking into the wind.... i know no excuses he should of made it but man its his first miss and its the 6th game. The fact is Parker is so good we expect him to make kicks but we forget the fact that Parker is human. I bet Parker is upset with himself as much as anybody but if anybody is trying to blame the loss on him they didn't watch the game. Turnovers is what lost the game....

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I understand all of that and share your sentiments, but Parker needs to make that kick. I'm not saying he needs to make it for me, I'm saying for this team, this year, he needs to make that kick. They expect him to. Does that make any sense? I'm not blaming him for missing it, just saying he needs to make it. I don't know Parker but I bet he would agree.
          I'm sorry but to single out Parker today is just wrong. In a game like that there were hundreds of plays that could have been the difference. He's done it all year and who knows why he misses it.

What about the two onside kicks he completes in a row that get negated by offsides? What about the extra point that gets called back that he has to re-kick.

I was nervous for that kick and thought we should have gone for the 1st down, but I don't think it was a bad call. I also question the play call to pass knowing full well that an INT could cost the game.

I can't wait to see how he responds after watching the other kicker make a 54 yarder to win it.

Bring on the Great West.

Comment

I don't think Doc was blaming Parker for the loss. I do understand where he is coming from. To use a basketball analagy, you have that guy that shoots 3's on your team, when you need one you expect him to make it. You can bet that everyone on the sideline was calm when Parker lined up for that kick, it was a foregone conclusion in their minds.

I'll bet there is only 1 person on that plane that blames Parker for losing the game and that is Parker. There are probably 56 players on that plane that are all thinking if I had only...
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

I also question the play call to pass knowing full well that an INT could cost the game.
              Berry hadn't done that all night long. He was throwing at will all second half. The coaches showed confidence in his decision making skills and he made a mistake. I'll quote Herm Edwards
              "You Play to win the game"

I was nervous for that kick and thought we should have gone for the 1st down,
              The team needed points to seal the game. Nobody has been more automatic all season than Parker. He warms up in practice with 38 yarders.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Your kicker is pretty great, from what I understand. I don;t get the piling on. Didn;t this kid have some massive streak going or something. ****, nobody's perfect, jacks.

Comment

Lets remember the consective 13 that were made prior to the one missed yesterday. Lets see thats 39 points, equivalent to 6.5 touchdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Lets remember the consective 13 that were made prior to the one missed yesterday. Lets see thats 39 points, equivalent to 6.5 touchdowns.
                    I haven't forgotten anything and I know he'll make some more big kicks but we really needed that one and he didn't make it. Whats done is done. Doesn't mean we can't discuss it here, differing opinions are important.

I think he needed to make that kick and I believe that miss was the biggest play of the game.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I haven't forgotten anything and I know he'll make some more big kicks but we really needed that one and he didn't make it. Whats done is done. Doesn't mean we can't discuss it here, differing opinions are important.

I think he needed to make that kick and I believe that miss was the biggest play of the game.
                      Likewise I have not forgotten that Parker made 13 prior to yesterday. Why not blame Minnett and Corey for dropping those two live balls called fumbles, we need them to hang to the ball so that did not happen either.

Well those two fumbles plus the completed pass dropped cause our opponents to add 21 points to their side of the scoreboard, to me these are much more important than one missed field goal. (3pt)

Or how about Berry, throwing an INT with 40 seconds left, We could go on and on. Looks like there is enough blame to spread around to everyone.

Blame the kicker if wish, but it should have never gotten down to his missing this one attempt.

Comment

Say what you want about the kick, but the fact is that a bad snap and a bad hold does not help Parker out at all. You have a great snap and a decent hold and we win the game, but we had a bad snap and a bad hold and that played the role of the great equalizer.

Comment

Parker has made too many good kicks to put the blame on him. A lot of things have to happen right for a kick to be successful. A flaw in any of them, i.e. the snap, the hold or the kick can cause a missed kick. It is not just the kiker. I did not see the kick so I can't comment on any of the play.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                            Berry hadn't done that all night long. He was throwing at will all second half. The coaches showed confidence in his decision making skills and he made a mistake. I'll quote Herm Edwards
                            "You Play to win the game"

The team needed points to seal the game. Nobody has been more automatic all season than Parker. He warms up in practice with 38 yarders.
                            In my opinion, playing to win would be going for the 1st down and getting 7 pts. I'm not questioning the coaches at all, just saying what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                              Say what you want about the kick, but the fact is that a bad snap and a bad hold does not help Parker out at all. You have a great snap and a decent hold and we win the game, but we had a bad snap and a bad hold and that played the role of the great equalizer.
                              I couldn't tell from the video feed...are you getting that info from the team bhm? Just wondering since it wasn't clear.

I'll say this, Parker Douglass had nothing to do with the loss. He could have had a big part in a win, but had NOTHING to do with the loss. The 59 minutes leading up to his kick had EVERYTHING to do with the loss. It was TEAM loss plain and simple and if there's one player that was on that field that feels any different he should have his scholarship pulled so someone who knows the concept of TEAM can take his place.
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                                I couldn't tell from the video feed...are you getting that info from the team bhm? Just wondering since it wasn't clear.

I'll say this, Parker Douglass had nothing to do with the loss. He could have had a big part in a win, but had NOTHING to do with the loss. The 59 minutes leading up to his kick had EVERYTHING to do with the loss. It was TEAM loss plain and simple and if there's one player that was on that field that feels any different he should have his scholarship pulled so someone who knows the concept of TEAM can take his place.
                                Dobs said the snap was bad and he had a bad handle on the ball when we talked last night downtown.

Comment

Working...
                                X