Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parker Douglass

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    I couldn't tell from the video feed...are you getting that info from the team bhm? Just wondering since it wasn't clear.

I'll say this, Parker Douglass had nothing to do with the loss. He could have had a big part in a win, but had NOTHING to do with the loss. The 59 minutes leading up to his kick had EVERYTHING to do with the loss. It was TEAM loss plain and simple and if there's one player that was on that field that feels any different he should have his scholarship pulled so someone who knows the concept of TEAM can take his place.
    Coach Stig said their were some execution problems on the kick and he wouldn't fault Parker. I guess I might have said it wrong, the Jackrabbits need to make that kick. That was ultimately the difference in the outcome of the game. I understand everything that transpired before that and I'm not placing blame. We needed to make that kick and Parker was the one kicking it. Thats it. Thats how I feel about.

As I said before, great effort but not a win. Still and always will be proud to be a Jackrabbit alumnus and fan.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Coach Stig said their were some execution problems on the kick and he wouldn't fault Parker. I guess I might have said it wrong, the Jackrabbits need to make that kick. That was ultimately the difference in the outcome of the game. I understand everything that transpired before that and I'm not placing blame. We needed to make that kick and Parker was the one kicking it. Thats it. Thats how I feel about.

As I said before, great effort but not a win. Still and always will be proud to be a Jackrabbit alumnus and fan.
      Ditto+++++++++++

Comment

Parker seems like an excellent candidate. I hope he becomes a finalist.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1275472

Record-setting South Dakota State kicker Parker Douglass has been named a semifinalist for the 2007 Draddy Trophy, presented by HealthSouth and awarded by The National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame.

A senior from Columbus, Neb., Douglass holds 19 school records, including most career field goals (57) and points (284). He has added to the record books during the 2007 season by making 13 consecutive field goals, one of which was a school- and conference-record 57-yarder.

Draddy Trophy candidates must be in their final year of eligibility, have a grade-point average of at least 3.2, have outstanding football ability as a first-team player, and have demonstrated strong leadership and citizenship. A two-time Great West Football Conference Special Teams Player of the year, Douglass is the lone player from the conference to be named a semifinalist.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Congradulations to Parker. Not to be a distraction, but this is the second year in row that SDSU has had a Draddy award nomineee. Marty Kranz was nominated last year.

Comment

Unfortunately Parker doesn't make it as a finalist for the award.
            http://www.collegesportingnews.com/a...rticleid=88544

Comment

Working...
            X