Georgia Southern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Georgia Southern

He didn't even get hit hard....just didn't secure the football.

Absolutely unacceptable......

Comment

From bad to worse. I've got nothing good to say. This is clearly GSU's game now. We're just along for the ride. Not even able to compete with these guys today. Wonder what that locker room will be like?
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

GSU gets the ball to start the 2nd half, too.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Great job secondary

Comment

shoulda stopped them there. 4 defenders and only one WR on the left side of the play
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Can't coach against the fumbles, but their offensive coordinator's earning his $$$ today. Their gameplan against our D has been almost faultless. Burned us with some throws and I can't say we expected the number of passes and passing yards they've put up in one half so far. Also, we haven't seen Foster running it much yet. We'll see a lot more in the second half.

Comment

Nice. Holding on the return. Salt in the wound before the half.

Take a friggin knee.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Defense had a great first half. Offense needs to get focused!!! Too many turnovers and stupid penalties.

Comment

If you think about it our defense has played decent with the exception of that first drive. Although the score is 31-7 they have been put in holes because of our offense. Take away the 14 points their defense scored and the last seven due to the fumble and its 10-7. Our offense is costing us dearly.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      If you think about it our defense has played decent with the exception of that first drive. Although the score is 31-7 they have been put in holes because of our offense. Take away the 14 points their defense scored and the last seven due to the fumble and its 10-7. Our offense is costing us dearly.
                      Exactly. If we could have held them to 10-14 points, our offense should have been able to keep us in the game. Defense has done a good job, but the points aren't their fault. We have to hold them after the kick in the 3rd quarter. I know you can't coach fumbles, but the offense needs to keep thinking. Penalties on 3rd sown when we get a first and too many missed chances. Gotta get the ball in the endzone...

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        All too accurate there MT!

This approach is exactly the kind that UNI used on us. With virtually the same success.

Yes, our O has scored more points for the Eagles than for the Jacks. If we continue to be - in the turnover department, we're going to be toasted.

24 points are a lot to get back!

Comment

Need to start the second half with an onside kick to get the ball in our offense's hands. They'd never see it coming. Then, no QB set and run, run, run, punt. That would set the tone for the rest of the game in our favor.

Comment

Any one else's screen go black?
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                              Any one else's screen go black?
                              Yep.

Comment

Just finished viewing the first half and as soon as I get done hurling.....ah there, I'll just say this. What a pathetic performance by the I should have protected the ball in traffic Rb's who gave up 14 instant points all by their lonesome.

Think I'll hit the cooler and contemplate a return to the third quarter. I'd hate to break this damn computer because I need it for work so I may just tune into the broadcast. A $25.00 radio is much easier to replace.

Comment

Working...
                                X