Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stephen F. Austin

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    Jacks D-line is seriously good. Reminds me of your senior year, Catchemall. Aune and the crew. Except these guys have more speed.
    Correct on both observations.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

gotta make those catches. If we're going to dink and dunk we need to make the easy catches
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

another drop - this time a wide open TD
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

should be 14-0 right now

Comment

The only way this stupid "No QB" set works is if they actually throw a couple passes out of it. Otherwise the D will always adjust to stop the run.

Comment

should be 14-0 right now
              Gotta catch the ball. I'm not able to watch but the WNAX guys say Dobler was all alone and just missed it. Then, he didn't get out to hold for the kick. Needs to show more discipline than that.

Alright, defense needs to step up again. We'll get another 6 soon enough.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

should be 14-0 right now
                Yup.

Comment

They aren't looking his way very often. Our passing game right now looks to be comprised of alot of pre-disposed looks for a various receiver on a short route. Wags hasn't been the primary target on these sort of plays that I can see.
                  There's no excuse for that. Either utilize a talent like that and get him the ball. Or keep him off the field if he's not the player we believe him to be. Using the TE on those short routes opens up the deep passing game for a guy like JaRon. Why wouldn't you do that?? Open up the play book from 1993-93 Stig. I know you have a copy.

Comment

If the O can get it together this will get ugly in a hurry. Defense is swarming on the first four plays so far.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                      There's no excuse for that. Either utilize a talent like that and get him the ball. Or keep him off the field if he's not the player we believe him to be. Using the TE on those short routes opens up the deep passing game for a guy like JaRon. Why wouldn't you do that?? Open up the play book from 1993-93 Stig. I know you have a copy.

Same playbook that got Heiden 900 yards his senior year.

Comment

Same playbook that got Heiden 900 yards his senior year.
                        Exactly.

And how do you think I came up with "CatchEmAll". Some of know what we're talking about (insert winking emoticon here).

Comment

their running back looks big, but not exceedingly quick.

Comment

And so far he doesn't look very hard to tackle. Goes down on the first hit most of the time.

Comment

MJA - were you around when we played Slippery Rock back in the day? They had one of those BIG backs. Not a lot of speed but he was a good back. Best "defensive" play to stop him was letting him reel off a 90 yard TD run, which put him on the shelf for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                                MJA - were you around when we played Slippery Rock back in the day? They had one of those BIG backs. Not a lot of speed but he was a good back. Best "defensive" play to stop him was letting him reel off a 90 yard TD run, which put him on the shelf for the rest of the day.
                                Redshirt year

Comment

Working...
                                X