Texas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texas State

Do you have the link handy? I'm feeling a little like watching some Texas State carnage.

Added later: found the link: http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

Added later still: Geez, Rodrawks is right. You'll feel badly when you read how some of the TX State fans are all ripped up about the game. Several suggest SDSU was better than the 0-3 record or at least an unknown quantity but they're pretty angry about the program. I hope that team (and their fans) pull it together the rest of the season and pick up some quality wins.
    Last edited by JackJD; 09-23-2007, 10:42 PM.

Comment

The link is on the first page of this thread...2nd post.

(I'm to lazy/tired to copy it.)
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Well, this a Monday morning reply to Saturday's game but better late than never!

The Jacks team that came to play Saturday night was the team we have been expecting to show up all year. This years schedule was tougher than last year but it seems the Jacks have had a hard time getting things in sync those first few games!

Berry played well and was much improved over the first three games. Koenig same old self. Minnette was great and so was and Batten was everywhere! What a game for the team! Priddy deserves an attaboy for getting on track this week. The kid has a great leg and we got to see some of it this week!

Hey, how about that crowd! I'll have to look back but I think that was very close to my prediction.

Hopefully this game will be the kickstart for a furious finish to the season for the Jacks just like last year!

Hobo week this week! Is this fun or what? It is good to be a Jackrabbit!!!

GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think the most bright spot of the game were the runs of Kyle Minnett. He is a gamer and should get better. There has to be something magic about No 30 at SDSU.

I hope we can continue our win streak this Saturday. Stephen F Austin gave the Bison some trouble, but we have to remember that was the first game of the season for the Bison, who are also on a roll I might add. Just an observation, not a declaration of being a turn coat. I am still a yellow and blue guy. Green and gold, are not my colors, which are also John Deere's offical colors.

Comment

It was a great victory. Me, coach jr, and my Dad had a blast.

Dominating performance. Bonwell, as several have mentioned, was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              Dominating performance. Bonwell, as several have mentioned, was amazing.
              Agreed, great pre-game, great game, great half-time, great attendance, great time at Cubbys after the game. Lets keep in rolling as SFA comes to town for Hobo day.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                Well, just wanted to report that Dean Priddy had a VERY good night and all his kicks looked good. I know when we recruited him, they felt he would be a good one...got some great hangtime on two of them as well.

Just got back from the game...and what a game it was!! While I didn't hear who the MVP was and assume it was Kyle Minnett...I have to say that Jason Bonwell was absolutely astounding tonight. He was all over the field and made play after play.

Just have one remark about TV's comment on his blog that USD has more explosive skill players on offense than SDSU. I'm not saying they don't have a good offense, but until you put it up against FCS level players, I'd suggest holding back judgment as to how "FCS ready" they are.
                Good athletes take on challenges head first and come out victorious in the end. Both Priddy and Berry have taken their early season results and have done their best to prove those as flukes. I like to see that out of our athletes. One thing that has been constant with players under Coach Stig, they never quit.

Not sure what happened with Terry V last week. First, he's the only guy to pick against us on the Great West Bottom Line predictions, then he says USD's skill positions are better than SDSU's. I understand it's his job to report and not be a cheerleader, but still. He asks for maturity in his readers in taking those comments. I would agree. However, the ability of readers to respond maturely depend largely on context and your audience. For instance, my wife is generally very mature. By all accounts, she is a very patient and loving mother who on a daily basis has to be the voice of maturity on many fronts (often times with yours truly). Having said that, I will always respond with the same response anytime she asks me "how do I look in these jeans" or "what do you think of my new haircut" or any similarly based questions. "You look great" is the only answer in those circumstances? Why? Because it just is. I know my audience and the context of her questions.

As an SDSU beat writer (and he does a great job and is a talented writer, no doubt), he should maybe work on a couple more "you look great" responses. Just my feelings.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

How bout Berry? Very patient, and poised in the pocket. Very much the complete opposite of Kardoes. He reminds me of Nelson and Fjedheim, but he still needs to make some of the automatic short cross routes (ex. the high pass to Doblar). Also when he gets out the pocket, he needs to learn to float the ball to closer targets, I think he was flushed out of the pocket about mid 3rd quarter and had a wide open Minnett about 5 yards infront of him on the sideline, and he just gunned it like Brett Farve, no way for Minnett to handle a pass like that, but overall, I feel this week we are going to see the Ryan Berry we're gonna get for the rest of the season, a very poised, not afraid to take a hit, pocket passer.

Comment

I'm thinking that Stu Whitney is actually a "Changeling" from the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" series. After tying up the real Terry and hiding him in the Argus Leader broom closet, he assumed his form and wrote those ridiculous things!

Okay... I need to get back on my meds! LOL
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

• Re: Texas State

Have we talked about Jimmy Rogers? The kid's all over the field. He had 12 tackles Saturday night and I'll bet he was around the ball on about 90 percent of the defensive snaps. He's a 5'10", 200 lb. LINEBACKER, for heaven's sakes. I notice they had him covering slot receivers at times, they blitzed him a bunch of times, and generally, he's able to play wherever they want to put him. With his speed and (relatively small) size combined with toughness, he gives the defensive coaches a lot of options.

Those of you coming in Saturday for Hobo Day who haven't seen the Jacks this year should lock in on Jimmy from time to time and watch a young man who really gets after it, to use Stig's terms.

Rogers is really a gamer... and he's just a sophomore.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I would agree Rogers has been making some great plays and he is an important cog in the wheel called a team. Its more difficult to find someone on the team who was not in the game Saturday night. I hope all these good efforts continue for this rest of the season and into next year.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Have we talked about Jimmy Rogers? The kid's all over the field. He had 12 tackles Saturday night and I'll bet he was around the ball on about 90 percent of the defensive snaps. He's a 5'10", 200 lb. LINEBACKER, for heaven's sakes. I notice they had him covering slot receivers at times, they blitzed him a bunch of times, and generally, he's able to play wherever they want to put him. With his speed and (relatively small) size combined with toughness, he gives the defensive coaches a lot of options.

Those of you coming in Saturday for Hobo Day who haven't seen the Jacks this year should lock in on Jimmy from time to time and watch a young man who really gets after it, to use Stig's terms.

I'm glad someone brought him up, I didn't think of doing it myself. But you are completely right, the guy is all over the place and is alot of fun to watch. There's no doubt its an advantage to have a guy like him at linebacker who you can drop into coverage and who is able to step up and make a hit when he needs to as well. He is a little undersized and that hurts when you get a team running right at him, but with the strength of our defensive line its not as big an issue.

There were actually alot of young players making big plays the other night.
                          RS Fr. Conrad Kjerstad played alot at DB with 5 tackles, including 1 for loss.
                          So. Danny Batten had 5 tackles, 2 for loss, a sack, and 2 QB hurries.
                          So. Chris Johnson had 3 tackles with a sack.
                          So. Isaiah Jackson had 3 tackles with 0.5 for loss.
                          RS Fr. Derek Domino had a really nice tackle on special teams.
                          Fr. Cole Brodie had a nice tackle on special teams.
                          RS Fr. Steffan Giesler had an interception to end the game.
                          RS Fr. Kyle Minnett had 170 total yards with 2 TD.
                          So. Glen Fox had a nice catch for 32 yards.
                          So. Casey Bender started at RT.

No doubt we have some talented young players coming on and have alot of other highly touted players red-shirting this year. Hopefully Saturday was a glimpse of things to come with this team, I was sure impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                            I'm glad someone brought him up, I didn't think of doing it myself. But you are completely right, the guy is all over the place and is alot of fun to watch. There's no doubt its an advantage to have a guy like him at linebacker who you can drop into coverage and who is able to step up and make a hit when he needs to as well. He is a little undersized and that hurts when you get a team running right at him, but with the strength of our defensive line its not as big an issue.

There were actually alot of young players making big plays the other night.
                            RS Fr. Conrad Kjerstad played alot at DB with 5 tackles, including 1 for loss.
                            So. Danny Batten had 5 tackles, 2 for loss, a sack, and 2 QB hurries.
                            So. Chris Johnson had 3 tackles with a sack.
                            So. Isaiah Jackson had 3 tackles with 0.5 for loss.
                            RS Fr. Derek Domino had a really nice tackle on special teams.
                            Fr. Cole Brodie had a nice tackle on special teams.
                            RS Fr. Steffan Giesler had an interception to end the game.
                            RS Fr. Kyle Minnett had 170 total yards with 2 TD.
                            So. Glen Fox had a nice catch for 32 yards.
                            So. Casey Bender started at RT.

No doubt we have some talented young players coming on and have alot of other highly touted players red-shirting this year. Hopefully Saturday was a glimpse of things to come with this team, I was sure impressed!

To you my boy, rep points! What a solid post!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

I agree 100%. My buddy and I were talking about him all game. I said based on size, he would be my pick to have my back in a fight any day. The kid is crazy and a blast to watch.

Comment

I was shocked to find out he was a linebacker. I thought, based on his size and propensity to appear in all the plays down field, that he was a safety or a big corner. He caught my eye on many occasions. Great hustle and seems to really bring it for his size.

Leads me to my one complaint about the video feeds on the jacks coverage. They rarely change it up and give a wide view of the field pre-snap. I'd like to see the formation once in a while to see what kind of personel each team has out there. Generally, we get a close up view of "the box" and nothing else. I like that shot, but would like the occasional wide shot as well. Otherwise, it's a great production. Nothing better than getting to listen to the WNAX feed and watch the game at the same time. Best of both worlds.
                                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                                X