Here's the WIU radio link:

http://www.wjeq.com/
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: I'm miffed...

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Here's the WIU radio link:

http://www.wjeq.com/
      Thanks, I guess I'll be listening to a lot of our opponents' broadcasts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
        Not exactly. Until this year, NDSU sold their radio rights to WDAY. They were the ones charging for the audio webcast.
        I stand corrected. How about this, NDSU fans have been paying for this for years (they used to pay WDAY and now it looks like they will be paying NDSU). Is that more accurate?

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
          I stand corrected. How about this, NDSU fans have been paying for this for years (they used to pay WDAY and now it looks like they will be paying NDSU). Is that more accurate?
          There you go. Now you're getting it.

I realize it was a quibbling difference, but I don't like one group blamed for the actions of another. Conversely, if a group is responsible, I think they deserve everything they get(i.e. NDSU if they don't make the audio stream free by next year).

Comment

On a related note--have they hired their marketing head yet?
            I have not heard, so I do not believe they have. Also hear the Sarah Cady has moved on and working in SF at either Avera or Sanford in their Foundation. She was hired last spring to work with group ticket sales and sponsorships. Looks like SDSU has a few holes to fill.
            We...ARE...STATE!
            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              I'm not so miffed about the price, although I think audio should be free. I'm miffed because for some reason Windows Media Player won't work on my Mac so I guess SDSUfans.com will be my only update for the game.
              If you live in SLP, you may be able to tune in to WNAX 570 am. I know their range gets close to there...

After further reviewing the "Live and on Demand Video and Audio" those of you who paid the $100 to watch Jackrabbit football this year aren't going to be very happy. Only WIU, UNI and NDSU games will be video. In fact, the only audio games available are WIU and Youngstown State. That means no access to Texas State, Stephen F. Austin, Georgia Southern, Cal Poly, UC Davis, Central Arkansas and Southern Utah. Not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                If you live in SLP, you may be able to tune in to WNAX 570 am. I know their range gets close to there...

After further reviewing the "Live and on Demand Video and Audio" those of you who paid the $100 to watch Jackrabbit football this year aren't going to be very happy. Only WIU, UNI and NDSU games will be video. In fact, the only audio games available are WIU and Youngstown State. That means no access to Texas State, Stephen F. Austin, Georgia Southern, Cal Poly, UC Davis, Central Arkansas and Southern Utah. Not worth it.
                You are wrong here. The premium package of on-demand live audio and video includes the following. This goes for the monthly or yearly subscribers:

1. Radio broadcasts will be streamed for all home & away contests in football, volleyball, basketball. Select soccer, baseball and softball will also be included
                2. Video for all six home football games along with all home volleyball games will be streamed live.
                3. Away contests in any sport will be streamed on our site only if that school's athletic website is run by XOS technology, which is the company that now runs gojacks.com

The thing I don't like is that in order to see live video of men's & women's BB games you have to purchase an additional package from the Summit League. I feel that is a bit excessive although I'll still be buying it!!!!

It might seem like a lot of money but think of this. 5 years ago the possibility of even LISTENING to a game on the internet was thought of as really cool. I'd say the price fits the offering.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  The thing I don't like is that in order to see live video of men's & women's BB games you have to purchase an additional package from the Summit League.
                  So you have to buy your school's package plus the Summit's package to get the BB games, or can you just buy the Summit's package and thus get access to all Summit games?

Thanks for clearing up what comes with the SDSU package. My understanding was how you described it, but it's not real clear on gojacks.com and definitely not if you go by the schedule of upcoming live events. I'm guessing/hoping there's a lot of updating and information yet to be added to the site. But I'm sure staff limitations force them to prioritize.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                    So you have to buy your school's package plus the Summit's package to get the BB games, or can you just buy the Summit's package and thus get access to all Summit games?
                    I wasn't really clear on this point, I apologize. You don't have to purchase the SDSU's package if you just want BB games. You just need to purchase the Summit League's package. ALSO...the Summit League package will include ALL conference BB games...not just the games SDSU plays in.

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                    Thanks for clearing up what comes with the SDSU package. My understanding was how you described it, but it's not real clear on gojacks.com and definitely not if you go by the schedule of upcoming live events. I'm guessing/hoping there's a lot of updating and information yet to be added to the site. But I'm sure staff limitations force them to prioritize.
                    Yes, I'm guessing the list of live events will be continually updated. What I stated in my previous post is a general description of what will be offered this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      You are wrong here. The premium package of on-demand live audio and video includes the following. This goes for the monthly or yearly subscribers:

1. Radio broadcasts will be streamed for all home & away contests in football, volleyball, basketball. Select soccer, baseball and softball will also be included
                      2. Video for all six home football games along with all home volleyball games will be streamed live.
                      3. Away contests in any sport will be streamed on our site only if that school's athletic website is run by XOS technology, which is the company that now runs gojacks.com

The thing I don't like is that in order to see live video of men's & women's BB games you have to purchase an additional package from the Summit League. I feel that is a bit excessive although I'll still be buying it!!!!

It might seem like a lot of money but think of this. 5 years ago the possibility of even LISTENING to a game on the internet was thought of as really cool. I'd say the price fits the offering.
                      Not that I'm doubting you, but maybe you can provide clarification as to why to following events are the only ones listed under "upcoming events?" I see very few football games listed for audio and even fewer listed for video.

http://www.gojacks.com/liveEvents/li...B_OEM_ID=15000

Thu Aug 30,2007
                      05:30 PM (CT) Football South Dakota State at Western Illinois

Thu Aug 30,2007
                      05:30 PM (CT) Football Football: SDSU at Western Illinois

Fri Aug 31,2007
                      11:10 AM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: SDSU vs. Tulane

Fri Aug 31,2007
                      04:10 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: SDSU vs. Louisiana-Lafayette (

Sat Sep 1,2007
                      01:40 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: SDSU vs. Texas-Pan American

Sat Sep 1,2007
                      06:40 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: SDSU at Sam Houston State (Texas)

Mon Sep 3,2007
                      06:40 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: SDSU at Lamar (Texas)

Fri Sep 7,2007
                      07:10 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: North Texas at SDSU

Fri Sep 7,2007
                      07:10 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: North Texas at SDSU

Sat Sep 8,2007
                      12:40 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: Montana at SDSU

Sat Sep 8,2007
                      12:40 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: Montana at SDSU

Sat Sep 8,2007
                      04:30 PM (CT) Football Football: SDSU at Youngstown State (Ohio)

Sat Sep 8,2007
                      07:40 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: Long Island (N.Y.) at SDSU

Sat Sep 8,2007
                      07:40 PM (CT) Volleyball Volleyball: Long Island (N.Y.) at SDSU

Sat Sep 15,2007
                      06:30 PM (CT) Football Football: University of Northern Iowa at South Dakota State

Sat Oct 20,2007
                      07:00 PM (CT) Volleyball South Dakota State vs. North Dakota State

Mon Nov 5,2007
                      05:50 PM (CT) Volleyball VB: South Dakota State at Drake

***edit***never mind, I see you explain it in the previous post

Comment

From a standpoint of a fan who lives 2 states away, I ponied up the $100 without any real hesitation. The only real hesitation I had was whether I wanted the yearly pass or the monthly pass because I'm not sure how many b-ball games I'll be able to watch. Regardless, it costs me that much to drive back the SD. I have "watched", whether it be via the internet or in person, approx 4 football games in the last 2 seasons. I had to listen to an often unreliable WNAX feed the rest of the time. If someone had called me the day of any of those games and said "if you give me 20 bucks I'll give you an internet feed of the game video and audio" I'd have given them 30. Considering I paid $10 or so for last year's NDSU game and had to call like 20 phone numbers to stop getting billed on a monthly basis after that, I consider the $100 a good investment. I will have my butt plopped in front of the 'puter tonight with my helmet on and my body experiencing unhealthy spikes in it's blood pressure. SDSU win = good times.

Not saying you shouldn't be miffed, because I don't really ENJOY paying for anything. However, I think paying to listen/watch SDSU games is not all bad. On a side note, a sub and a soda cost me $5.27 for lunch.

LETS $%&#@ GO JACKRABBITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I think those of us who actually shelled out for an XOS online package that decides to shut itself down just when the 4th overtime of a football game is beginning can upgrade from the Miffed package to the Truly Outraged service tier.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think those of us who actually shelled out for an XOS online package that decides to shut itself down just when the 4th overtime of a football game is beginning can upgrade from the Miffed package to the Truly Outraged service tier.
                            that was actually an option when I registered, but I thought that would be a little more than I wanted to pay for
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I'm thinking about upgrading to the "Torches and Pitchforks" package. Anyone else?

Comment

I just fired off this e-mail to Fred Oien:
                                Subject: Why did you cut off the video of the football game at 9:30?

And don't bother trying to use the "it wasn't us, it was XOS" line. You, the SDSU Athletic Department, and XOS are one and the same.

You've got any number of very, very upset people out here. Unless you and XOS do some quick and meaningful damage repair and customer relationship restoration, I'll invite you to guess what I'll tell anyone who asks if they should subscribe to the online video/audio service in the future.

You guys just had your Heidi moment.
                                I am not happy on an epic scale.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X