GDT: @ North Dakota State (10/19/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
    Offensive staff sucks but Gronowski struggles even when the looks are there. Countless misses on wide open looks this year with the Stoefel miss being the worst by far. Doesn’t matter how good play calling is when your QB can’t hit the broadside of a barn if that barn isn’t named Jaxon or Jadon.
    I can see missing passes downfield, happens to even NFL guys. The checkdown misses are what drive me insane, those can be game-breakers in our skill players hands. You can see the frustration in Amar's body language. Something has to change and change fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Special teams are easy to coach in a non-pressure cupcake game. Preparation and execution show up in the biggest moments. They obviously didn't today.
      I didn't see anything on the missed FG or blocked PAT that indicated it was coaching. I also find it interesting how quickly folks want to axe someone after one loss

Comment

• Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

That was a catch. Clearly in on the replay. The zebra was looking at the catch and not the foot. Toe came down in. Back of the heel came down at the line, after the toe. That bad call blew the wind out of the sails for the team.

The good news. SDSU can beat this bison team. Now on to beating USD
        Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

This is nonsense. He was obviously out of bounds. Not sure what everybody else saw. If nothing else, there was no evidence to overturn the call.

I feel maybe badly overthrowing the open wide open receiver for a TD the previous play is a bigger issue. Guess I'm just crazy.
        It clearly doesn't matter now, but I don't see how either of you are saying it was clear or obvious. The rule is simple, when backing out of bounds, the entire foot has to come down in-bounds, toe then heel. Just one, not both. As with any catch too, have to control the ball through the ground, which he did. Had he been going forwards, just a simple toe drag would do the trick, or if he kept his heel from touching the ground at all.

From the one single replay we saw, the heel was not unquestionably out of bounds, though I will admit it looked like it may be. It at least needed a second look in my opinion, at the very least hope another camera angle would show something.

Comment

• Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
          When backing up in a toe-heel motion, the heel has to come down in bounds too. But it sure looked in the green to me! Can't believe it wasn't reviewed at all.
          I don't know so I'm asking- why should a toe be treated differently whether backing up or falling to the ground?

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            It’s not Gronowski’s fault.

The offensive staff is lost out there.

If USD beats us next week we need to make Josh Davis doesn’t get back on the Yote’s bus.
            He's missed throws all season that he's made in the past. Overthrowing receivers and short-arming throws into the ground. And it's not all on the receivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

I can see missing passes downfield, happens to even NFL guys. The checkdown misses are what drive me insane, those can be game-breakers in our skill players hands. You can see the frustration in Amar's body language. Something has to change and change fast.
              i have not read any other comments yet. this is the most recent comment when i opened up. dont like to be on here during the game any way and Jacks and Yanks playing at the same time (the ONLY teams i care about in all of sport. i dont even watch games if one of the 2 are not playing) no chance i am gonna be on the internet

came here to make a different initial comment and i am NOT saying Mark or the team played great. they have plenty of things to work on before the next time they see ndsu (and i feel MORE than confident that they will improve a LOT), but the criticism feels a lot more hollow when it comes from a source that almost strictly makes post that are critical

again Mark was far from perfect today. i have posted multiple theories about the source of his struggles, but he is a Senior, 2x champ, WP award winner, he NEEDS to get it straightened out. either he needs to coach his pass catchers to do what he is expecting them to do OR he needs to change what he is expecting. i am a bit surprised it is not looking better by this time of the season BUT I still believe they will figure it out

room for improvement does not belong strictly to Mark. maybe someone believes (and could explain something different) but on the interception Griffin faded up the field giving the DB room to undercut the pass. if Griffin runs straight across OR even comes slightly back toward the LOS then there is NO CHANCE for the DB to get between him and the ball

not trying to put the loss on any ONE or few players. they win and lose as a team and i still have all the faith in the world that this team will make huge improvements

the thing i wanted to say before reading the comments- the loss is on the team. they need to take care of the things that are WITHIN THEIR CONTROL, but am i wrong or did we get called for holding at least once on EVERY drive we had in the second half? i believe we did

if we held we held, FINE
              but the replays that i could see were 50 / 50 calls
              did the bison NOT do the same thing on every series? i know that they did

we can and will take care of our own business, but the reffing was grossly in favor of one team. not to mention the one play that they did get called for holding- the RB picking up our blitzer with a full wrap tackle, the announcer complimented him and said he did a great job

anyway reffing was gross. we will take care of our own business going forward. this was a VERY BAD day for USD. it will not be pretty for them next week

Comment

• Originally posted by trueblue View Post

I don't know so I'm asking- why should a toe be treated differently whether backing up or falling to the ground?
                If you tap a toe and pick it up, that's a catch. If your entire foot lands, every millimeter has to be inbounds. Pretty straightforward here.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i have not read any other comments yet. this is the most recent comment when i opened up. dont like to be on here during the game any way and Jacks and Yanks playing at the same time (the ONLY teams i care about in all of sport. i dont even watch games if one of the 2 are not playing) no chance i am gonna be on the internet

came here to make a different initial comment and i am NOT saying Mark or the team played great. they have plenty of things to work on before the next time they see ndsu (and i feel MORE than confident that they will improve a LOT), but the criticism feels a lot more hollow when it comes from a source that almost strictly makes post that are critical

again Mark was far from perfect today. i have posted multiple theories about the source of his struggles, but he is a Senior, 2x champ, WP award winner, he NEEDS to get it straightened out. either he needs to coach his pass catchers to do what he is expecting them to do OR he needs to change what he is expecting. i am a bit surprised it is not looking better by this time of the season BUT I still believe they will figure it out

room for improvement does not belong strictly to Mark. maybe someone believes (and could explain something different) but on the interception Griffin faded up the field giving the DB room to undercut the pass. if Griffin runs straight across OR even comes slightly back toward the LOS then there is NO CHANCE for the DB to get between him and the ball

not trying to put the loss on any ONE or few players. they win and lose as a team and i still have all the faith in the world that this team will make huge improvements

the thing i wanted to say before reading the comments- the loss is on the team. they need to take care of the things that are WITHIN THEIR CONTROL, but am i wrong or did we get called for holding at least once on EVERY drive we had in the second half? i believe we did

if we held we held, FINE
                  but the replays that i could see were 50 / 50 calls
                  did the bison NOT do the same thing on every series? i know that they did

we can and will take care of our own business, but the reffing was grossly in favor of one team. not to mention the one play that they did get called for holding- the RB picking up our blitzer with a full wrap tackle, the announcer complimented him and said he did a great job

anyway reffing was gross. we will take care of our own business going forward. this was a VERY BAD day for USD. it will not be pretty for them next week
                  Hope you’re right about USD next week. Would be awesome to kick the crap out of them.

It does say something about where our program is at that we can have these discussions after losing by only 4 points in Fargo to a very good NDSU team. 10 years ago that would’ve been a win on its own and they would’ve been the upset ones.

Here’s hoping we can meet them again and pay them back for all those playoff blowouts they’ve handed us over the years.

Also if you were referring to my posts always being critical I apologize.

Comment

That’s the only good thing from this is that the Bison didn’t beat SDSU, SDSU beat SDSU. Team really needs to take a look in the mirror and come out and kick the crap out of that team down south.

Bison lost to us in both 2017 and 2021 and still went on to win the title so we can absolutely still do this.
                    It will be very annoying if it works out that we are fed through Fargo yet again, when the Bison somehow missed out getting their butts kicked in frozen Brookings in December the past two years.

Outside of seeding and home-field advantage, tonight's outcome has no real impact on our ability to win it all still, as you pointed out. Even if we win by half a touchdown instead, the Bison still have a renewed feeling that they can play with us, which may be inspirational enough for them. If we win 55-7, they might not... but I think that would have been more dangerous for us later in the year --- thinking of SIU in the spring season, beating them 44-3, then barely hanging on 31-26 on just 5 weeks later.

Those 2 years for the Bison though they were still a top-2 seed both times, so their road to Frisco was still through Fargo. We didn't leap-frog them for the higher seed, as we were still in our "lose stupid let-down games for no good reason" era. Going to need some major help to secure a top-2 now. Maybe we still control our own destiny for a top-4? But it will certainly be debated still. Still need to beat a lot of good teams to even have that as an option. 3-4 of our 5 games remaining certainly look like they'll be no cakewalk...

Can USD or Missouri State knock the Bison back? Even if one of them do, and if we take care of both... a top-2 is certainly not guaranteed still. I really don't see Montana State dropping any this year. Maybe UC Davis could have a shot? Though they didn't impress against Eastern Washington tonight....

Who knows. I still believe we can win it all this year, but sure seems it won't be going through Brookings at this point.

Comment

• Listen, for fans who say NDSU supporters blame the officials whenever they lose, there's a lot of blaming the officials here. Seems like there's plenty to work on in-house.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

• Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

It will be very annoying if it works out that we are fed through Fargo yet again, when the Bison somehow missed out getting their butts kicked in frozen Brookings in December the past two years.

Outside of seeding and home-field advantage, tonight's outcome has no real impact on our ability to win it all still, as you pointed out. Even if we win by half a touchdown instead, the Bison still have a renewed feeling that they can play with us, which may be inspirational enough for them. If we win 55-7, they might not... but I think that would have been more dangerous for us later in the year --- thinking of SIU in the spring season, beating them 44-3, then barely hanging on 31-26 on just 5 weeks later.

Those 2 years for the Bison though they were still a top-2 seed both times, so their road to Frisco was still through Fargo. We didn't leap-frog them for the higher seed, as we were still in our "lose stupid let-down games for no good reason" era. Going to need some major help to secure a top-2 now. Maybe we still control our own destiny for a top-4? But it will certainly be debated still. Still need to beat a lot of good teams to even have that as an option. 3-4 of our 5 games remaining certainly look like they'll be no cakewalk...

Can USD or Missouri State knock the Bison back? Even if one of them do, and if we take care of both... a top-2 is certainly not guaranteed still. I really don't see Montana State dropping any this year. Maybe UC Davis could have a shot? Though they didn't impress against Eastern Washington tonight....

Who knows. I still believe we can win it all this year, but sure seems it won't be going through Brookings at this point.
                        Davis still has to play both the Griz and Cats so I suspect they’ll drop at least one before the season is over. If we win out we should be guaranteed a top three seed. I’ll be cheering for Missouri State to upset the Bison because I don’t know if I can stomach having to cheer for USD in any capacity.

First step is beating USD, if we had won I fear we might overlooked them but I don’t see that happening now. UND won’t be easy either and Missouri State is a sneaky good team this year.

Comment

Davis still has to play both the Griz and Cats so I suspect they’ll drop at least one before the season is over. If we win out we should be guaranteed a top three seed. I’ll be cheering for Missouri State to upset the Bison because I don’t know if I can stomach having to cheer for USD in any capacity.

First step is beating USD, if we had won I fear we might overlooked them but I don’t see that happening now. UND won’t be easy either and Missouri State is a sneaky good team this year.
                          I meant UC Davis might have the best shot to knock off Montana State, though looking now, UCD is undefeated vs FCS as well. One thing's for sure I guess --- the next few weeks will sure be interesting now that we no longer hold our own destiny in our hands for seeding.

Even if we win out, I don't think it's at all reasonable to say we'd be a lock for the 3-seed. Nova/Mercer losing helps, but it seems there's always another lesser-conference undefeated team to sneak in. Or, if UC Davis's only FCS loss is actually to what would likely be an undefeated Montana State, they'd most certainly be in the conversation for the 3 seed as well. Heck - maybe even SEMO gets a nod as a potential FCS undefeated.

Top-4 is absolutely not guaranteed even if we win out. Realistically we'll need quite a bit of help to even get that.

Comment

• Also it’s hilarious that Bisonville is clowning those of us that were frustrated with Gronowski’s performance because he’s the greatest QB in program history. As if they didn’t have hundreds of pages worth of posts calling for a previous HC to be fired despite going 60-11 with two national titles and a runner-up. Literally the FCS equivalent of Ohio State fans wanting Ryan Day to be fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                              Listen, for fans who say NDSU supporters blame the officials whenever they lose, there's a lot of blaming the officials here. Seems like there's plenty to work on in-house.
                              It's always hard to not when the loss is still fresh. Both fan bases were upset throughout the game with that crew though. Plenty of odd calls and situations they put themselves in. Anyone that says they're the reason we lost tonight though is likely just in-the-moment sour-grape-edness.

Bison fans like to hold on to reff'ing decisions for years though... Cam Miller momentum-killing questionable PF in the 2nd quarter up several scores being the reason they lost a certain game, anyone?

Comment

Also it’s hilarious that Bisonville is clowning those of us that were frustrated with Gronowski’s performance because he’s the greatest QB in program history. As if they didn’t have hundreds of pages worth of posts calling for a previous HC to be fired despite going 60-11 with two national titles and a runner-up. Literally the FCS equivalent of Ohio State fans wanting Ryan Day to be fired.
                                Oh don't forget thousands of posts about how terrible Cam Miller was too! Never could get it done, never could beat the Jacks. Terrible terrible terrible needed to be benched along with fired Entz.

I try not to go to that cesspool.... I have enough drama in my life with 4 toddlers throwing tantrums for any given reason. Don't need to put myself through their overblown and over-reactionary nonsense too.

Comment

Working...
                                X