GDT: @ North Dakota State (10/19/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Mark killed us. Wide open pass to the TE for a TD would have won it.
    He’s been doing that all year. Oklahoma State game should’ve been much closer but he missed numerous wide open throws. I’m not sure how he’s regressed so much this year but it’s blatantly obvious he’s holding the team back.

Comment

• Special teams cost them this game as well. Cashmore better have **** buttoned up next week or he needs to be on the lunch pail line. Every phase except defense laid an egg.

Mark needs to settle down and play. If Rogers determines its play calling, then Freund needs the reins.

This team got punched in the mouth and got knocked out. See how they respond next week.

They lost homefield and likely have to go to Bozeman or Fargo to get to Frisco, not an easy task.

Comment

• Originally posted by TennesseeJackrabbit View Post
        This reminds me of Oklahoma when rattler was OU’s qb and a heisman contender the year before but quickly they realized he was struggling and ended up starting Caleb Williams who was much much better, I think Mason should be getting more looks, qb has been atrocious so it doesn’t hurt
        I think we're seeing a combination of just how good last year's team made Mark look and Mark adjusting mechanics to try to get drafted. He can't complete check down passes and he's frankly checking down all the time if he isn't rolling out deep and right or immediately taking off for the LOS.

Comment

• Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
          When backing up in a toe-heel motion, the heel has to come down in bounds too. But it sure looked in the green to me! Can't believe it wasn't reviewed at all.
          This is nonsense. He was obviously out of bounds. Not sure what everybody else saw. If nothing else, there was no evidence to overturn the call.

I feel maybe badly overthrowing the open wide open receiver for a TD the previous play is a bigger issue. Guess I'm just crazy.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post
            That was a catch wasnt it? Toe down had the ball. Espn coverage sucks
            That was a catch. Clearly in on the replay. The zebra was looking at the catch and not the foot. Toe came down in. Back of the heel came down at the line, after the toe. That bad call blew the wind out of the sails for the team.

The good news. SDSU can beat this bison team. Now on to beating USD
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

• Originally posted by jbjack View Post
              Refs in the bag for NDSU? When was the last NDSU penalty?
              Please. You should like a Bison fan.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

• Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

This is nonsense. He was obviously out of bounds. Not sure what everybody else saw. If nothing else, there was no evidence to overturn the call.

I feel maybe badly overthrowing the open wide open receiver for a TD the previous play is a bigger issue. Guess I'm just crazy.
                I think it was a control issue. But we'll never know because the play wasn't challenged. In the end, the time out went unused.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

Please. You should like a Bison fan.
                  My brother in law is a Bison fan so I guess I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

That was a catch. Clearly in on the replay. The zebra was looking at the catch and not the foot. Toe came down in. Back of the heel came down at the line, after the toe. That bad call blew the wind out of the sails for the team.

The good news. SDSU can beat this bison team. Now on to beating USD
                    That’s the only good thing from this is that the Bison didn’t beat SDSU, SDSU beat SDSU. Team really needs to take a look in the mirror and come out and kick the crap out of that team down south.

Bison lost to us in both 2017 and 2021 and still went on to win the title so we can absolutely still do this.

Comment

• It's one loss. Jacks have an opportunity to learn from mistakes. Let's see how the team responds vs USD.

​​​​​​How quickly folks forget some stellar recent special teams performances when calling for ST coaching change.

As for changing QB, I can't see that happening, but I don't think Gronowski has done his NFL case any favors

Comment

• It’s not Gronowski’s fault.

The offensive staff is lost out there.

If USD beats us next week we need to make Josh Davis doesn’t get back on the Yote’s bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                          That’s the only good thing from this is that the Bison didn’t beat SDSU, SDSU beat SDSU. Team really needs to take a look in the mirror and come out and kick the crap out of that team down south.

Bison lost to us in both 2017 and 2021 and still went on to win the title so we can absolutely still do this.
                          I was just thinking this, but one difference is we need to hope Bison lose a couple and Jacks win out.

I figured Bison injuries would have more of an influence on the outcome

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                            It’s not Gronowski’s fault.

If USD beats us next week we need to make Josh Davis doesn’t get back on the Yote’s bus.
                            Definitely frustrated by some of the play calling. Hopefully the fans take opportunity to release angst and cause chaos for the Coyote offense

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                              It’s not Gronowski’s fault.

Offensive staff sucks but Gronowski struggles even when the looks are there. Countless misses on wide open looks this year with the Stoefel miss being the worst by far. Doesn’t matter how good play calling is when your QB can’t hit the broadside of a barn if that barn isn’t named Jaxon or Jadon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                It's one loss. Jacks have an opportunity to learn from mistakes. Let's see how the team responds vs USD.

​​​​​​How quickly folks forget some stellar recent special teams performances when calling for ST coaching change.

As for changing QB, I can't see that happening, but I don't think Gronowski has done his NFL case any favors
                                Special teams are easy to coach in a non-pressure cupcake game. Preparation and execution show up in the biggest moments. They obviously didn't today.

Comment

Working...
                                X