Dakota Marker week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Polasek mentioned trash talk by unspecified Jacks coach in 2018 after Jacks' regular season win that fired up Bison defense and, according to Polasek, fueled them stifling Jacks in playoffs.

Anyone recall what that was?
    Was that the breaking the press box window game ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Was that the breaking the press box window game ?
      No, that was 2021

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        Polasek mentioned trash talk by unspecified Jacks coach in 2018 after Jacks' regular season win that fired up Bison defense and, according to Polasek, fueled them stifling Jacks in playoffs.

Anyone recall what that was?
        2018 trash talk? That's a pretty long reach back for motivation. The Jacks have beaten the Bison several times since then.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

2018 trash talk? That's a pretty long reach back for motivation. The Jacks have beaten the Bison several times since then.
          He was asked by Izzo about when he saw the series change, and he mentioned a handful of games (a couple being those 2018 games). I had my suspicions about what Jacks coach it might've been, but I'm not on Twitter, so I lack access to troll that coach's tweet history to confirm and/or find out what the "trash talk" was

Comment

I expect this game to be an absolute battle.

The past 3 games were impressive when you look at the scores, but the competition hasn't been top tier. I really like the defense, but the offense has been a little rough at times although there has been improvement on that side of the ball no doubt.

Comment

Four of us are going up to Fargo and this will be our first time at the Fargo Dome for a football game. Curious what to expect for pregame and gametime environment for Saturday. I am looking to get there early to check out the tailgating.

As for the game itself - I have no idea how this is going to go. I think NDSU offense vs SDSU defense is strength on strength. SDSU offense vs NDSU defense will be interesting as both units seem to be a work in progress for the respective teams but both are trending upward in recent weeks.
              Last edited by JackrabbitGuy; 10-16-2024, 10:57 AM.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                Four of us are going up to Fargo and this will be our first time at the Fargo Dome for a football game. Curious what to expect for pregame and gametime environment for Saturday. I am looking to get there early to check out the tailgating.

As for the game itself - I have no idea how this is going to go. I think NDSU offense vs SDSU defense is strength on strength. SDSU offense vs NDSU defense will be interesting as both units seem to be a work in progress for the respective teams but both are trending upward in recent weeks.
                i guess that i am sure Coach Rogers would say that the entire team is a work in progress up until the final whistle of the final game

that said the passing game is the part of the Jacks O that is most concerning. can the running game get better? FOR SURE, but it is looking very very good. i believe that will be the deciding component of the game. how good is the ndsu D line? can they do a better job stopping the Jacks run game than our previous opponents?

if ndsu defense truly is a work in progress and they cannot control the Jacks run game then the Jacks will very likely be coming back home with a W. YSU showed the typical challenge of playing vs a QB who is a gifted runner and also has the threat of decent passing.
                that is the road to a bison victory. they need a HUGE game out of their QB. not going to make a prediction, too superstitious. will we have Large back? if he is back will he be rusty or will he make a big difference?

this defense is showing signs that by the time the year is over that they can be favorably compared to the incredible defense from last year. the running game has more legitimate weapons than we have ever had before in my recollection
                Johnson
                Johnson
                Vorhees
                Gronowski
                Mason
                and Woods has looked dangerous also

any one of these are capable of a game changing play at any time. we have often had 2 excellent runners, on rare occasions 3, but 6? the passing game is coming along and will no doubt continue to get better

Comment

It may be a bit down from past years, but the tailgating should be very active. When I've been at the Fargo Dome the tailgaters are very welcoming to fans in blue and yellow. They actively pulled us into their groups providing food, drinks and stores. Good people.

The game atmosphere not as good. Like all domes the sight lines are weak. The announcers are loud and irritating. It is indoors and well, football should be outdoors. A win by the Jackrabbits will make up for all that though.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Love the way our running game is developing of course. In the Coaches show with Rogers, Tyler commented about the jumbo, jumbo package with 7 OL in the game and jokingly asked if we could see a package with 11 OL in the game - he said Gus Miller told him he could play QB in that package. Coach Rogers said not 11 but that packages with even more OL may be coming and paraphrasing "if the whole world knows we are running and base blocking why not just put OL guys in there to block it?

It would be pretty insane to see Gronowki & Chase Mason out there with 9 OL guys on the line of scrimmage and in the backfield.
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Looking at buying some tickets off seat geek but wondering where I should pick seats to be close to other SDSU fans. Does the University get a certain amount? If so, what section?

Comment

Love the way our running game is developing of course. In the Coaches show with Rogers, Tyler commented about the jumbo, jumbo package with 7 OL in the game and jokingly asked if we could see a package with 11 OL in the game - he said Gus Miller told him he could play QB in that package. Coach Rogers said not 11 but that packages with even more OL may be coming and paraphrasing "if the whole world knows we are running and base blocking why not just put OL guys in there to block it?

It would be pretty insane to see Gronowki & Chase Mason out there with 9 OL guys on the line of scrimmage and in the backfield.
                        I feel our run game might be the strongest it’s ever been. Not just the O-Line being as dominant as ever but the sheer number of guys we have that can run the ball and do it well. Both Johnson’s, Vorhees, Gronowski, Mason, and even Wilde on sweeps can all make big plays.

Bison run defense seems to be their weakest aspect so hopefully we run it down their throat from the get-go.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post

I feel our run game might be the strongest it’s ever been. Not just the O-Line being as dominant as ever but the sheer number of guys we have that can run the ball and do it well. Both Johnson’s, Vorhees, Gronowski, Mason, and even Wilde on sweeps can all make big plays.

Bison run defense seems to be their weakest aspect so hopefully we run it down their throat from the get-go.
                          I have a feeling our defense is going to have a coming out party and shut down the Bison offense and then our offense is going to expose the Bison defense weakness right up the middle. Then the passing game opens up! 31 - 13. Good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post

I have a feeling our defense is going to have a coming out party and shut down the Bison offense and then our offense is going to expose the Bison defense weakness right up the middle. Then the passing game opens up! 31 - 13. Good guys.
                            Castora predicts a similar, albeit somewhat closer, score, but he attributes it to Jacks' OL wearing down Bison.

I might have to self-revoke my Castora Crew card if he keeps forcing decisions like this though

Comment

Not a real question. Just a journalist stirring the pot to gain attention. The equivalent to click bait.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                                Not a real question. Just a journalist stirring the pot to gain attention. The equivalent to click bait.
                                i would be sincerely curious to have you explain why this is not a real question or how would you define a real question

that said, I disagree with what I believe to be the premise of his question-
                                I believe that he believes the answer to the question would reveal WHO is our biggest rival. i disagree with that.

i think that speaking my true feelings out loud will probably bring some negative consequences my direction, but I guess I will go against my better judgement and do it anyway

I consider USD to be nothing. we were dominating them in the main sports before we left D2 and we are dominating them now that they have tagged along like a wildly annoying ugly cousin and followed us to D1.

by main sports, I mean mostly FB, MBB, WBB
                                go back and look at the combined records in those 3 sports from the last 10-15 years in the NCC through today. they have had some periods in both MBB and WBB when they had excellent teams, DEFINITELY highlighted by the stretch just after Macy when Myah had multiple injuries and they had 3 of the top 5 players in the history of their program

the combined record in these 3 sports in that time is more than convincingly in our favor. they manage to make the SD Corn series competitive by doing very well in Track and Field- HUGELY aided by their dominance in one event, the pole vault. beyond that, they always top us in swimming and diving

I say cousin because they are not a sibling. it is like when your relatives come over for the 4th of July and you are going up to the school to play something (whatever you played with your neighborhood pals- baseball, kickball, basketball, football) and you have a booger eating cousin who is 4 or 5 years younger and your mom tells you that you have to take him with you and let him play
                                THAT is how i look at usd

so that said, losing to ndsu makes me sick. i mean SICK like SSSSSSSSSICK
                                but at least i respect them as a program

losing to my booger eating cousin just SUCKS because you know people are going to throw it in your face as often as possible, but you know that the next time you play him you will tear him a new one and restore balance to the universe

so in case you did not understand, i choose to lose to NEITHER!!! losing sucks either way!!!!! but it is very very clear that there is ONLY ONE of these teams that i respect

edit- to be clear, i was a coach for a LONG time. i respect EVERY opponent from the any team on any given day perspective. i respect that we MUST play our best every time we step on the court or the field!! that type of respect is never in question. when i say i dont respect usd, i mean i respect nothing about the program, the school, or the way they go about their business. it is like when you step in dog dudu and no matter how much you try to clean it some of the dudu refuses to come out of the tread on your shoe. that is usd- rotten dudu that refuses to go away, but i respect that every once in a while a hail mary will bounce into their lap

Comment

Working...
                                X