Dakota Marker week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Currently, NDSU is favored by 2.5 points. That's to be expected because it's a home game for the Bison. Despite being a road game to a hostile environment for the Jacks, I'll take SDSU by a TD. The Jacks have been getting a little better each week and still have some to go. They'll need to be near top performance for the next two games, for sure.
    I wonder how hostile the environment will be? This game wasn't an instant or even a quick sellout. There's the potential for a sizeable Jackrabbit fan contingent to be on hand. Despite wining the last two natties, the reality is that the Bison are still the biggest household name in FCS FB. How much do the handicappers and betters actually follow FCS? I assume the handicappers and betters are simply going with perceived bigger name + home team when matching up two highly ranked opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      If the McFeely Mess podcast is any indication, they're definitely trying to will the Bison to a win, saying things like the win versus Youngstown didn't prove much (like a win versus a depleted Salukis team did) and that the Bison have closed the gap with the Jacks.

I could see them making the argument that a healthy Cam Miller versus what Gronowski had shown this season could be seen as an example of them potentially having edge at home, but I think the Jacks have the edge at:

WR (Wilde alone tilts it in Jacks' favor, Goering is another weapon, and I think Prejean could be the wild card during this game that catches Bison by surprise)
      RB
      Interior OL (unfortunately, I think Zabel, despite his blatant holds, would be seen by many as a top tackle in FCS)
      DL rotation (NDSU may have flashier individual players)
      LB and secondary (again, NDSU may have better individual players, but Bock, Beanum, Huerter, and the depth at LB tilt it in Jacks' favor for me)
      Special teams
      Coaching

How do those of you who've watched/followed NDSU more closely think the Jacks and Bison compare at TE this season?
      Miller was having a tremendous season until suffering an ankle injury the prior week. Gronowski still doesn't look like he's at the form that we expect of him but seems to be improving. There's lots of gnashing of teeth among the always reasonable and level-headed Bisonville crowd over the decision to play an injured Miller against SIU over the weekend. I didn't see the game but while he had an impressive stat line, it sounds like he clearly looked injured. Miller was looking very good last year, too. But while he had a pretty good game against us in Brookings, it wasn't nearly enough, as we all know.

Comment

The bye week was obviously good for the team. Really liked what I saw from the Jacks on Hobo Day. Granted Youngstown State isn't a great team, but it was how the Jacks played that had me excited.

The 605 Hogs really owned the game! Putting up 400 yards on the ground was impressive. Passing game was effective but wasn't needed much. Gronowski and the receivers did seem to be more in tune with each other. The defense continues to impress with the lone exception of giving up two or three really big plays on third and long.

Frankly, I'm excited to see how the Jacks play! I expect both teams to play at a high level in Fargo. Give the edge to the Jacks because we have kind of owned the Bison for a few years. The Jacks will be locked in. Need to get to Miller! It could come down to the cliched penalties and turnovers.

As Bohl would always say, "It should be a whale of a game!"

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Sam Herder implies that Bison win Sat in his initial bracketology.

​​​​​He also has 'Yotes in Jacks' bracket

Comment

Sam Herder implies that Bison win Sat in his initial bracketology.

​​​​​He also has 'Yotes in Jacks' bracket
            Regionalization and bids might not be a factor now, but the committee has even more discretion to seed the teams according to the matchups they want to get! I would love having USD and NDSU in Brookings for a playoff fame!

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post

Regionalization and bids might not be a factor now, but the committee has even more discretion to seed the teams according to the matchups they want to get! I would love having USD and NDSU in Brookings for a playoff fame!
              If Herder's bracket/rationale is to be believed, the road to Frisco for USD or SDSU would go through Fargo, barring an upset in the Fargo quadrant

Comment

Anyone know whether Joe Stoffel is related to Davin Stoffel?

Comment

Sounds like Bison All-American DE Dylan Hendricks is definitely out for Saturday, and may have suffered a season ending injury.

Comment

Anyone know whether Joe Stoffel is related to Davin Stoffel?
                    I don't know. They're not brothers, judging from their biographies, but both of them are big, athletic and from Wisconsin. Davin apparently is smarter because he's a Jackrabbit.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Sounds like Bison All-American DE Dylan Hendricks is definitely out for Saturday, and may have suffered a season ending injury.
                      He was one being mentioned by Izzo, et al

I thought Kubitz was another on their defense

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        I don't know. They're not brothers, judging from their biographies, but both of them are big, athletic and from Wisconsin. Davin apparently is smarter because he's a Jackrabbit.
                        Haha, nice 'Sconnie smack talk. Their hometowns aren't that far apart, so I was thinking maybe cousins.

Comment

Doesn’t sound like Cam Miller is recovering like expected, no idea if he’ll even play. Bison seem to be ravaged with injuries right now so who knows what to expect with them.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                            Doesn’t sound like Cam Miller is recovering like expected, no idea if he’ll even play. Bison seem to be ravaged with injuries right now so who knows what to expect with them.
                            It'll be interesting how the decision to play him vs Salukis may be viewed, if he can't play vs Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                              Hard to know what's true and what is blowing smoke. Even if he would be 100 %, I wouldn't expect them to come out and say that. Or that we would either if in the same situation.

Comment

Polasek mentioned trash talk by unspecified Jacks coach in 2018 after Jacks' regular season win that fired up Bison defense and, according to Polasek, fueled them stifling Jacks in playoffs.

Anyone recall what that was?

Comment

Working...
                                X