GDT: Augustana (09/14/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

State has one WR that caught 100% of the balls thrown to him (in two games) and another that has caught less than 1/3. The latter is the QBs fault? I would say both results are indicative of the receiver's performance.
    I'm not sure I completely agree. Passes for one have been behind him multiple times. Now, the question is whether that is due to route running, timing, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      The Sept 15 D2 football Coaches Poll on NCAA.com has Augustana at #18.
      Seems to be a volatile poll. Could argue that Augie dropping was due less to their loss than it was upsets among top 10 teams

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'm not sure I completely agree. Passes for one have been behind him multiple times. Now, the question is whether that is due to route running, timing, etc.
        This. Perhaps it is bad route running but one of the things that has specifically been mentioned needing improvement in Mark's game is leading his receivers, who often need to stop their route or even come back to the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbjack View Post

This. Perhaps it is bad route running but one of the things that has specifically been mentioned needing improvement in Mark's game is leading his receivers, who often need to stop their route or even come back to the ball.
          I think both "starting" receivers show promise, but I have to agree with Coach Rogers re. Wilde underscoring the factors that contributed to Jacks "burning" his redshirt, and I wonder if that skill could make the adjustments he makes mid-route less overt than Goering's.

I also think this Sat's game could be a real exposition by Wilde, Goering, and Prejean

Comment

• There are three things that I would like to see improved (soon)-

1)Penalties,
            2) TO's
            3) Passing the the TE's. I think there were 27 passes and only 2 were to TE's. I think we have tons of talent there and they should be able to help the QB but they have were not targeted much.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post

i haven’t seen anyone making excuses either. I’m waiting and hoping for a return to the performance level of most of the last two years. Obviously the targets have changed and I hope it will all come together as the season advances. Witness—you were critical of Gronowski when he was at the top of his game —and you’re certainly entitled to your opinions. So far this season I think we’re all disappointed in the offensive production.
              To be fair I was just as critical to play calls I didn’t like over the years or criticizing the lack of offensive playmakers making plays against Incarnate Word either. I guess this year, I’m just super disappointed with the offensive performance so far. With how well Gronowski played last year and the preseason talk from Zimmer and Castora about much better Gronowski looked compared to last year, I just thought he was going to take another step regardless of who was WR and Griffin Wilde is a STUD. Short hopping throws and throwing behind WRs along with INTs so far this year got the best of me
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
              X