• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Augustana (09/14/24)

#ChuckThePigskin

#StuffThePigskin

#BattleOfStamfordBridge
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    #ChuckThePigskin

#StuffThePigskin

#BattleOfStamfordBridge
    One of the many reasons I love this board. It's got its share of historical references.

Speaking of this "battle" at "Stateford" Bridge:
    • What are your thoughts on making these games versus Augie more frequent?
    • How would you like the covered stands look here like they have at Stamford Bridge?
    Regarding the game, we all likely know about Canyon Bauer playing for Augie now, but former Redbird Rashad Lampkin and former 'Yote TE Jacob Remmert will be players making a return to DJD.

In addition, Augie DL Gradee Sherman will be having a Viborg-Hurley reunion with Chase Mason and Angel Johnson and

Comment

Zim reports Jacks will be without Reeder, Zac Wilson, Vibert, and Stoffel due to injuries.

He also has an article on interesting alumni/coach and player history.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

One of the many reasons I love this board. It's got its share of historical references.

• How would you like the covered stands look here like they have at Stamford Bridge?
        Regarding the game, we all likely know about Canyon Bauer playing for Augie now, but former Redbird Rashad Lampkin and former 'Yote TE Jacob Remmert will be players making a return to DJD.

In addition, Augie DL Gradee Sherman will be having a Viborg-Hurley reunion with Chase Mason and Angel Johnson and
        Unfortunately sounds like an injury will be keeping Angel off the field also.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post

Unfortunately sounds like an injury will be keeping Angel off the field also.
          Dang, I wonder what the injury is and how severe it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I was hoping for just 1 person on the board to get the reference, so you made my day!

That said, I hope Augie is only after we've exhausted all DI options. We should do everything in our power not to play D2 opponents.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

I was hoping for just 1 person on the board to get the reference, so you made my day!

That said, I hope Augie is only after we've exhausted all DI options. We should do everything in our power not to play D2 opponents.

Agreed. We older alums remember the days of Screw the U and Augie too! But SDSU is an FCS program now and D2 games should be rare.

Score early and often and give the backups lots of game time. Walk away with a W and no one injured.

Comment

Well that is not the start we needed!

Comment

Defense holds Augie to a FG attempt after the Jacks managed to fumble away the opening kickoff.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Field Goal attempt (#2 after the Augie False Start) is good.

Vikings take an early 3-0 lead.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Jacks respond with a nice drive capped off by Mark keeping it and making a man miss for a TD on the read option.

7-3 Rabbit.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

7-3 Jacks, Gronowski 9 yd TD run.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Augie really struggling with the environment. They may be in the double digits for penalties by the end of this quarter.

Comment

Bad decision by Gronowski on a deep throw, gets picked.

Comment

SDSU D forces a 3 and out, then Mark throws a bomb that is picked off on the first play of the drive.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X