No announcement yet.

GDT: Augustana (09/14/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The run d is about the only thing that looks good so far but its shocking how vulnerable the secondary is to the deep ball. Tons of flags because theyre chasing and not making plays. Figured it was an ok state thing but its been the same story. Unexpected based on what they returned. However some of those defensive players lost were really good.

Comment

We all loved it when Jimmy said, "That statement is now the standard." That was throwing red meat to Jackrabbit Nation. Maybe more like throwing carrots.

A lot of changes to work through early in the season. New OC is a big one. Also, losing a RB, OL, and losing all starting skill players. Three players active on NFL rosters. Several more got looks from NFL teams. And that's just on offense. Add in a few injuries. You can almost expect to have to work through some of that.

The good news is that all of their goals are still in front of them. A business trip to Louisiana may be just what they need!

Struggles aside, what an atmosphere in DJD the last two weeks. It's fun when it is full! Looks like Hobo Day may be sold out too!

Keep the faith!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
        The run d is about the only thing that looks good so far but its shocking how vulnerable the secondary is to the deep ball. Tons of flags because theyre chasing and not making plays. Figured it was an ok state thing but its been the same story. Unexpected based on what they returned. However some of those defensive players lost were really good.
        Rushing offense has been decent too, and I share your concern with the PI penalties; however, I can think of a couple on Sat. that involved a player who had decent position just not turning toward the ball quickly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
          We've been banged up in the safety spot. I think against UIW, after Large was banged up, we were without our top 3 safeties.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

We've been banged up in the safety spot. I think against UIW, after Large was banged up, we were without our top 3 safeties.
            Ah wasnt aware. Could be a factor even though i thought the consensus was depth at the position. And now that you mention it i dont remember Arrells name mentioned recently and i think he started game 1 as he got burned by a few of those stud receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

Colby Huerter did play for the first time this season, including a vicious hit late in the second half.

Comment

I can’t believe the amount of excuses for Mark’s play for this game. Goehring had a rough start to the IW game and nobody had a problem criticizing his drops but Mark throwing bonehead INTs and missing easy layup throws against a D2 team and the excuses are flowing. It’s crazy. It was a terrible game for him and he’s been off on throws all year too. The OCs as well as the whole offense needs to be better but the excuses for just Mark are crazy to me
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  I can’t believe the amount of excuses for Mark’s play for this game. Goehring had a rough start to the IW game and nobody had a problem criticizing his drops but Mark throwing bonehead INTs and missing easy layup throws against a D2 team and the excuses are flowing. It’s crazy. It was a terrible game for him and he’s been off on throws all year too. The OCs as well as the whole offense needs to be better but the excuses for just Mark are crazy to me
                  I think even Gronowski would admit that was perhaps the worst game of his Jacks career.

Let's see how he does in Bayou Country

Comment

I've noted Witness is making his annual trek to this board to bash Gronowski.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      I've made a more frequently than that trip to the Dairy Bar of my mind to create a witness-inspired ice cream flavor comprised of:

walnut husks
                      iodine
                      turmeric
                      Nestle Crunch
                      eggs (deviled & extra sulphuric)
                      sorghum
                      succotash

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I’m always on this board especially in the Wrestling section since I have season tickets for that but this is what I’m talking about. The rhetoric around his play is insane. He’s a Walter Payton winner but any criticsm is somehow off limits
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post

I’m always on this board especially in the Wrestling section since I have season tickets for that but this is what I’m talking about. The rhetoric around his play is insane. He’s a Walter Payton winner but any criticsm is somehow off limits
                          Where are the excuses? I, for one, have been critical. And I've seen no one defending his performance. He hasn't been good.

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                            State has one WR that caught 100% of the balls thrown to him (in two games) and another that has caught less than 1/3. The latter is the QBs fault? I would say both results are indicative of the receiver's performance.
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

• Originally posted by jbjack View Post

Where are the excuses? I, for one, have been critical. And I've seen no one defending his performance. He hasn't been good.
                              i haven’t seen anyone making excuses either. I’m waiting and hoping for a return to the performance level of most of the last two years. Obviously the targets have changed and I hope it will all come together as the season advances. Witness—you were critical of Gronowski when he was at the top of his game —and you’re certainly entitled to your opinions. So far this season I think we’re all disappointed in the offensive production.

Comment

• The Sept 15 D2 football Coaches Poll on NCAA.com has Augustana at #18.

Comment

Working...
                                X