Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still with the bonehead penalties.

Comment

Gross game. This team doesn't play like it wants it. Lots of ball to be played but this doesn't look like a Frisco bound squad.

Comment

Now Augie's 3rd Stringer is down after an intentional grounding call.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Vikings miss the FG attempt. Still 24-3.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Another bad throw from Gronowski leads to another pick.

Comment

Another pick by Mark... at least he made the tackle otherwise it might have been a pick 6.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Mark is going to surpass his total interceptions for all of last year before we hit October.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                  Mason Leiseth is doing a great job for Midco. Smart guy. Called the quality of play comparable to a spring game which is sadly accurate.
                  He rambles and says all kinds of goofy things. Hard pass on ever listening to him again.

Grnowski has been brutal tonight. And the offense is ... well something between vanilla and a good sedative.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

24-3 Jacks, final.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                      Mark is going to surpass his total interceptions for all of last year before we hit October.
                      The offense hasn't looked great through 3 games. Much appreciation for Lujan.

Maybe more appreciation for the Janke twins. They ought to get a portion of the Walter Payton award. #11 has never been great at leading his receivers. The Jankes were great at coming back to the ball, something Goering and Wilde haven't figured out yet or just don't have the strength the Jankes had to win those balls.

Comment

Wish we’d have gotten Mason some more snaps. Mark doesn’t get out of his funk and you have to think he may need to see the field more.

Comment

We sure put the ugh in ugly football. Not much good in this game.

this team is looking like its trying to figure out way more then we thought they needed to figure out.

Augie was prepared. We looked sloppy. I wish we could burn those black uniforms. Swear we never play that well in them.

Can we petition midco to just let David Brown call the games. This year jist feels off, we look off, midco coverage with Elsen just seems wrong.

"The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

The offense hasn't looked great through 3 games. Much appreciation for Lujan.

Maybe more appreciation for the Janke twins. They ought to get a portion of the Walter Payton award. #11 has never been great at leading his receivers. The Jankes were great at coming back to the ball, something Goering and Wilde haven't figured out yet or just don't have the strength the Jankes had to win those balls.
                            i want to be very clear, i am taking NOTHING away from Lujan. I think it is very possible time will prove he is more than legit!!

that said, he was the OC for? 2 years i am pretty sure. those 2 years, OH BTW, just happened to be the 2 years with the most talented AND experienced team we have ever had. MANY of the starters were returning in Zachs first year at the controls and 10.5 of the starters returned for the second year

I very much WANT and do believe that this offense will find its rhythm, but we are replacing 3 of 5 starters on the O Line, BOTH starting WR (who I believe were both starting in the Spring 2021- the covid 2020 season?) one of the undoubted top 3 RB in school history, and the starting TE

it is a GREAT GREAT compliment to this program that they are so unquestionably expected to maintain almost the same level of play while replacing 7 or 11 offensive starters

AND tonight we had a new LT. a RSF starting his first college game. maybe WestsideRabbit or someone who is more of an O Line expert than me can confirm it, but I would say that so far, our O Line is FAR behind what we had last year. will they get to that level? or close enough? I trust everyone else who believes that they can be good enough to take us to anonther championship, but they have some work to do

is that the top reason for Mark being eratic? I think Mark is too experienced and too good to have that for an excuse, but he needs to find a way to get in sync with the new receivers and play better than he has

my guess is that there will be a point where we see these early struggles as just some bumps in the road, but tonight was VERY unpleasant. there is no sugarcoating that

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i want to be very clear, i am taking NOTHING away from Lujan. I think it is very possible time will prove he is more than legit!!

that said, he was the OC for? 2 years i am pretty sure. those 2 years, OH BTW, just happened to be the 2 years with the most talented AND experienced team we have ever had. MANY of the starters were returning in Zachs first year at the controls and 10.5 of the starters returned for the second year

I very much WANT and do believe that this offense will find its rhythm, but we are replacing 3 of 5 starters on the O Line, BOTH starting WR (who I believe were both starting in the Spring 2021- the covid 2020 season?) one of the undoubted top 3 RB in school history, and the starting TE

it is a GREAT GREAT compliment to this program that they are so unquestionably expected to maintain almost the same level of play while replacing 7 or 11 offensive starters

AND tonight we had a new LT. a RSF starting his first college game. maybe WestsideRabbit or someone who is more of an O Line expert than me can confirm it, but I would say that so far, our O Line is FAR behind what we had last year. will they get to that level? or close enough? I trust everyone else who believes that they can be good enough to take us to anonther championship, but they have some work to do

is that the top reason for Mark being eratic? I think Mark is too experienced and too good to have that for an excuse, but he needs to find a way to get in sync with the new receivers and play better than he has

my guess is that there will be a point where we see these early struggles as just some bumps in the road, but tonight was VERY unpleasant. there is no sugarcoating that
                              I'm going to try to chalk it all up to the Jacks not wanting to show too much, Augie being among the better DII teams out there, and a couple unwise passing decisions. We'll see how the SE Louisiana game goes.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                Zim reports Jacks will be without Reeder, Zac Wilson, Vibert, and Stoffel due to injuries.

He also has an article on interesting alumni/coach and player history.
                                Vibert was struggling to move on the sideline with a knee brace on. After he got hurt on the final series last week, I was surprised to see the starters in that late tonight. Hagen looked like he was gimpy after getting dinged late.

Comment

Working...
                                X