GDT: @ Oklahoma State (8/31/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Love Mark, but he didn't help his draft stock with this game. Way too many missed throws and reads.
    Agree completely...he way too inconsistent. He had some really good plays, but also threw three balls that I can remember that could/should have been intercepted, in addition to the several passes that just clean missed open receivers.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel
      what's our fourth down conversion rate? any stat on that?
      Zero is approximately right.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

• 44-20 is your final score. Could have been better. Could have been worse.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

Zero is approximately right.
          thanks, I had the live stats tabbed , found it there, who'd of thought. Until that improves a lot, we don't need trying them on the 50 yd line with the whole game to play yet, oh well. We lost to a very, very good team , no shame , and we had some good moments.

Comment

• Upside: Putting 388 yards up on the #17 FBS team in the country.
            Downside: Giving up 394 yards to . . . well . . . anybody.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

Just keep in mind that OSU's offense is really quite good. Gordon is a legit Heisman candidate.
              And their WR group was very talented. Bigger than I expected but still fast. Some really good catches on balls that weren't thrown that well.

Comment

• Waa a bit disappointed in the game overall. Oklahoma state is a really good, experienced team but level of competition aside..

A good opening drive went to waste with the missed open we on 3rd down play and then the missed opportunity on 4th down.
                Our stars had some chances in this game including Mark, Bok, and Beanum but couldn’t quite make the play at the right time.

Offense-
                Mark would be the first to say he didn’t have his best game. He needed to be almost perfect for us to win.
                oline looked ok, running game was ok.
                Wilde is better than the hype. All the TE talk and they were non existent? Goering is going to be a good #2 but I think we will need Prejean to be the explosive playmaker to take the focus off Wilde.
                coaching wise, I would have liked to get all these talented TEs involved.

Defense was too bend but don’t break in the first. We held up better in man but that did allow them to get a few plays over the top with their talented WRs.
                Dline didn’t get much pressure on the QB, I thought they held up against the rush.
                Too many missed tackles all over to pull the upset. I thought Humphrey was a bright spot and flashed.

This team is still very talented, I just wish they would have been a bit sharper in this spotlight for their own sake. It’s going to be another fun year. Go Jacks!

Comment

• Holy Hannah...I'm listening to OSU's postgame show and wow, they have a LOT of commercials! (The radio team is pretty respectful of SDSU during the short intervals between the commercials, though.)
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Incarnate Word and Augie had better buckle up...I think there's going to be some angry and frustrated Rabbits on the loose the next couple of weeks in Brookings.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Incarnate Word and Augie had better buckle up...I think there's going to be some angry and frustrated Rabbits on the loose the next couple of weeks in Brookings.
                      Hopefully angry, disruptive, and disciplined

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

And their WR group was very talented. Bigger than I expected but still fast. Some really good catches on balls that weren't thrown that well.
                        There were many really good catches!
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• I am pretty excited to get into the rest of the season. D-line is my only concern and I think they will get the newer guys rolling and we will be good. The next couple of teams better be ready.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

OSU is probably the best team SDSU has played since moving to D-1. Frustrating to watch for sure.
                            I am not even sure what other team would even be in the conversation?

they return TWENTY starters and a lot of experienced number 2s. the Jacks did make some good plays today, but the Cowboys made zero mistakes. they did not open the door even a crack for the Jacks to take advantage

felt like there were maybe 2 plays the whole day that had even a chance to give the Jacks any momentum
                            our opening drive Grono missed the throw to the open receiver in the flat on 3rd down

based on the rest of the game, it seems pretty doubtful that they were going to be shaken by us scoring an opening drive TD, but at least they would not have played the entire game with the lead?

and the questionable catch / no catch with the worst video in the modern world for replay, on the Cowboys 2nd half opening drive

we get a stop there and then put up our TD? again I highly doubt we beat this team, but maybe it puts them on their heels for a moment

but all those starters seem unlikely to be shaken for any meaningful amount of time. again, they played the whole game basically without a mistake (we might argue that the refs swallowed the whistle on some holding of our D line or our WR, but OSU played a very clean game)

OSU is EXTREMELY good
                            and for all that we did return, the loss of so much experience on both lines, showed up pretty loud today
                            I am VERY willing to bet that the play of both of our lines improves in a huge way as this season goes along
                            until they do, the skills guys on this offense and the back end of this defense will be more than able to give them breathing room vs the rest of our opponents

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              I am pretty excited to get into the rest of the season. D-line is my only concern and I think they will get the newer guys rolling and we will be good. The next couple of teams better be ready.
                              They said on the TV broadcast that the OSU o-line had something like 220 combined starts. That made a tall task for our inexperienced group. I agree that they'll be fine going forward. not sure how much Kirschenman played, but he really showed some burst coming around the edge late in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                                He’s a 7th year so maybe he’s finally figuring it out, but he’s got all day to throw so it’s not surprising. That Ok State O-Line is absolutely bullying this defense.
                                all day to throw- ABSOLUTELY

bullying the defense- not always, but far too much

i did think that our trademark gang tackling showed up from start to finish

the one on one tackling was not consistent enough to win vs a team as talented as OSU

Comment

Working...
                                X