GDT: @ Oklahoma State (8/31/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
    The positive from this is this is by far the best team we’ll play all year, and as noted previously might be the best FBS team we’ve ever played. That Cowboy O-Line is ridiculously good and Gordon is the best RB in CFB. Cam Miller might be better than Bowman but that’s about the only player I can think of who would be better than anyone on Oklahoma State.

Wish we would’ve been like USD and scheduled a cupcake for the first game to work the kinks out.
    i have absolutely ZERO question that everyone involved would have loved to have that luxury also!! and i am sure they tried

I am sure that you realize that good FBS teams are not exactly lining up to play the Jacks (or the Bison) and if we are lucky enough to get a game, it is going to be the first game of the year, BEFORE we have a chance to work out any kinks

do you think anyone is equally afraid to play USD? they are not!

Comment

The positive from this is this is by far the best team we’ll play all year, and as noted previously might be the best FBS team we’ve ever played. That Cowboy O-Line is ridiculously good and Gordon is the best RB in CFB. Cam Miller might be better than Bowman but that’s about the only player I can think of who would be better than anyone on Oklahoma State.

Wish we would’ve been like USD and scheduled a cupcake for the first game to work the kinks out.
      Like Western Oregon last year?

Comment

• You played a good Oklahoma State team. A lot of positives from that game for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i have absolutely ZERO question that everyone involved would have loved to have that luxury also!! and i am sure they tried

I am sure that you realize that good FBS teams are not exactly lining up to play the Jacks (or the Bison) and if we are lucky enough to get a game, it is going to be the first game of the year, BEFORE we have a chance to work out any kinks

do you think anyone is equally afraid to play USD? they are not!
          USD might have a shot with how bad the Badgers played this week (unlikely). It is nice to get these P4 games but it’s not so nice racing them as the first game. Oh well, this game won’t hurt the Jacks in the ranking much so hopefully they can build off this.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

Like Western Oregon last year?
            Exactly.

Comment

• SDSU needed to play a perfect game to win, in their first game of the season. That after graduating how many starting players from last season to the NFL? OSU has to make mistakes for the SDSU to win. They did not. OSU played, in their first game, like good teams play in October. Will State improve? Yes, and then some. It's a Jimmy Roger team. Will OSU improve? Hell yes, that is a good team. Given that, IMHO, State at their level has a higher ceiling than OSU at their level. Of course I could be wrong.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Exactly.
                Justin Sell alluded to another non-con option being pursued, which I've always been curious about.

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Incarnate Word and Augie had better buckle up...I think there's going to be some angry and frustrated Rabbits on the loose the next couple of weeks in Brookings.
                  If my parents' dog's destruction of upcoming Jacks' opponents plush mascots is any indication, UIW will be shellacked.

He already amputated this animal's paw, an ear, and shredded its hoodie. Yes, I realize the thing's not a Cardinal, but we believe in a simple "mascot" destruction principle - you wear their threads, you might wake up sans plush heads.

Haven't been able to find an Augie plush yet.

Comment

all day to throw- ABSOLUTELY

bullying the defense- not always, but far too much

i did think that our trademark gang tackling showed up from start to finish

the one on one tackling was not consistent enough to win vs a team as talented as OSU
                    Yes, I saw enough from the defense to give me faith yesterday was an anomaly. Nevertheless, I'll be stompin' and hollerin' on the east side on Sat to egg on the Jacks to attempt to bolster this assertion

Comment

• i have to say, i was VERY struck by Jimmy's comments after the game. he was absolutely NOT giving an inch. I completely believe that Jimmy believed / believes that the Jacks have the ability to match OSU in physicality. he believes that out O Line- with 3 new players, and our D Line vs a Big 12 O Line with over 220 games of experience are capable of a LOT more than what we saw yesterday

I believe that Jimmy is too smart and too good of a coach to be wrong by that much. I believe we should feel very encouraged about what Jimmy expects to happen going forward

Comment

i have to say, i was VERY struck by Jimmy's comments after the game. he was absolutely NOT giving an inch. I completely believe that Jimmy believed / believes that the Jacks have the ability to match OSU in physicality. he believes that out O Line- with 3 new players, and our D Line vs a Big 12 O Line with over 220 games of experience are capable of a LOT more than what we saw yesterday

I believe that Jimmy is too smart and too good of a coach to be wrong by that much. I believe we should feel very encouraged about what Jimmy expects to happen going forward
                        I don't think Jimmy is the only one. I suspect multiple coaches and players had expectations the game would be much closer

Comment

• I was unfortunately working Saturday afternoon and wasn't able to watch the game, but did listen when I could. I will get a rewatch in, but have not yet to this point.

I agree with others here that I had hoped it would be closer on the scoreboard. I find it interesting though how close we were statistically, compared to say... Idaho at Oregon, who got blown out statistically, but only lost by 10. I haven't reviewed both games close enough to know for sure what happened... but it sure seems like our game should have played out closer than it appeared.

The win streak is over. A huge opportunity to knock off an FBS power is gone as well.... time to lace it back up and get on to the FCS slate.

A few weeks into last year, we were all wringing hands at our D-line's lack of pressure and QB sacks as well, and that it was clearly too much to replace Sanders and Winkelman. Now, my brain is a bit fuzzy today... but I'm pretty sure they did alright eventually. Going up against a top-tier FBS offensive line with that much experience is going to prove daunting for even the best of Big 12 defensive lines this year too.

Agree with others - we'll be fine. There's a lot of season left, and these guys will all get much better too. Disappointing, but there's still 11 regular season games before the playoffs... and the ultimate goal is still well up for grabs. We've gotten spoiled... we haven't felt the sting of defeat in nearly 2 years to the day. A good wakeup call to not get complacent too, I'm glad we seem to be fairly healthy.

Go Jacks! Bring on the non-generic red birds!

Comment

• During another interesting Jimmy Rogers show, Jimmy mentioned that having the tablets on the sideline disrupted aspects such as gameflow, as coaches were focusing on reviewing the video from the tablets while players sat on the bench waiting to receive feedback from those coaches.

I hadn't considered how disruptive that might be.

Anyway, Cale Reeder was the player interviewed, and Pete Menage (safeties) was the featured assistant coach

Comment

Working...
                            X