• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Jimmy Rogers Show Episodes

First episode of Jimmy Rogers Show with:
    • Hunter Dustman as the player guest
    • Pat Cashmore as the asst. coach guest
    A couple interesting items of note for OSU game are that Jacks will use coach-player headset/helmet comms (which Bobcats didn't in their FBS matchup). Jacks will also have multiple tablets on sideline to help with prior play analyses

Tyler and Jimmy Rogers had a more light-hearted Jimmy Rogers Show this time with both joking about Jacks' metrics of success, including striving for 8 TFLs/game and how calling TOs to end first half vs. UIW might have allowed Jacks to get 8 TFLs (they had seven).
    • Kevin Brenner was the player guest, and his story of his recruitment is worth a listen in its own right
    • Chris Meyers as the asst. coach guest

Comment

Tonight was the first time I have listened to the show. It was very entertaining. Brenner and coach Meyers were very funny and even coach Rogers had a few laughs. I will def listen again.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        Tonight was the first time I have listened to the show. It was very entertaining. Brenner and coach Meyers were very funny and even coach Rogers had a few laughs. I will def listen again.
        I tend to enjoy the episodes regardless, but this was definitely one of the best. I'm grateful they're available on-demand too.

Comment

I just happened upon it. I want to be able to use my phone and ear buds to listen to Tyler while in the stadium. I was looking for an app and a station that would work. Someone mentioned 98.1, but it turns out there are several 98.1 in the apps I looked at. Anybody know which one is the best one? One was called "the star" and looks/sounds like a religious channel. Another was the ESPN station out of SF.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            I just happened upon it. I want to be able to use my phone and ear buds to listen to Tyler while in the stadium. I was looking for an app and a station that would work. Someone mentioned 98.1, but it turns out there are several 98.1 in the apps I looked at. Anybody know which one is the best one? One was called "the star" and looks/sounds like a religious channel. Another was the ESPN station out of SF.
            I recommend the Varsity or Jackrabbit apps

Comment

Today's Jimmy Rogers Show lineup consisted of Jarod DePriest as the player guest and Jalon Bibbs as the asst. coach guest.

Items discussed include:
              • Coach Bibbs discussing Kobe Clayborne's versatility playing multiple DL positions
              • DePriest being honored as a team captain
              • Coach Rogers' confidence that Gronowski will regain his prowess passing
              • Coach Rogers discussing Maxwell Woods' performance and ceiling
              • Coach Rogers' thoughts on the "individual" TD celebrations detracting from team aspect
              • Both coaches noting Dawson Ripperda's upside
              • Coach Rogers discussing Will Paepke's first start in place of Vibert
              • Jacks recruiting Dallas Clarksean's son
              SELA topics were:
              • Importance of Dustman continuing to perform well given SELA's returners' skills (Darius Lewis was specifically discussed later)
              • Need for Jacks to create their own "energy" given Strawberry Stadium's capacity and recent attendance (7,408 and 5,387, respectively)
              • Their utilization of multiple QBs
              • Prioritization of rushing in their offense
              • A quick OL/FB Jimmy specifically mentioned

Comment

Working...
              X