Midco Sports Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I wonder if we will ever find out what happened with Tom Nieman. He did a couple of basketball games after Frisco and then disappeared from the face of the broadcasting world.
    I believe there was a poster that said he had some information on that, and that when it was the right time to share or when things cooled down he might do that. But he or she never released that information. Perhaps he can be drawn out.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
      I am willing to hear Elsen out. But hopefully Brown takes basketball.
      Midco let David Brown go. Unless you are talking about a different Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Midco let David Brown go. Unless you are talking about a different Brown.
        Then why is he doing Augie hockey?

Comment

Not sure what's happening, but he came out on X a few months ago about getting let go from Midco. From this X it appears he is employed full time with Sanford. Possibly the Augie hockey is just a contract position. Pure speculation on my part, but I doubt he's going to take on SDSU basketball in addition to a full time job and Augie hockey.

Comment

It's not clear to me whether Brown has a connection with Midco. My best guess is Brown has been hired by Augie much like Tyler M. has a direct connection with SDSU (somehow Leaarfield is sandwiched in there).

Watching a game on TV while having Tyler via the radio network providing the audio is a good combination I've used many times.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

It's not clear to me whether Brown has a connection with Midco. My best guess is Brown has been hired by Augie much like Tyler M. has a direct connection with SDSU (somehow Leaarfield is sandwiched in there).

Watching a game on TV while having Tyler via the radio network providing the audio is a good combination I've used many times.
              I'm guessing that Brown and the UND soccer and volleyball announcers are basically hired as independent contractors , so Midco doesn't have to pay benefits,etc...

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Tyler M. has a direct connection with SDSU (somehow Leaarfield is sandwiched in there).
                My understanding on how Learfield personalities work is that Tyler is hired and employed by Learfield. SDSU has approved Learfield to use Tyler in their broadcast.

There is a disclaimer within Iowa Hawkeye broadcasts that the personalities are employed by Learfield under the direction of the University of Iowa (or something similar). I imagine that SDSU's broadcasts have similar disclaimers (usually in the outtro after the game).
                Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I'm guessing that Brown and the UND soccer and volleyball announcers are basically hired as independent contractors , so Midco doesn't have to pay benefits,etc...
                  This would be my guess as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

This would be my guess as well.
                    Correct

Comment

Working...
                    X