Midco Sports Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midco Sports Coverage

Jay Elsen, will be handling the play by play for both USD & SDSU football this season. The schedules match up pretty well this season with October 12 (D-Days & Hobo Days) being the only weekend that both USD & SDSU play at home.
    USD Fan

Originally posted by hareball View Post

Jay Elsen, will be handling the play by play for both USD & SDSU football this season. The schedules match up pretty well this season with October 12 (D-Days & Hobo Days) being the only weekend that both USD & SDSU play at home.
    Wish it would've been Brown for Jacks. Yet another reason for folks to simulcast Tyler Merriam though

Comment

The South Dakota schools seem to be getting the short end of the stick here. UND gets two announcers for football, and separate announcers for soccer and volleyball. USD and SDSU share Elsen for football, with nobody listed for the other sports.

Comment

I agree about David Brown. Not looking forward to hearing Jay Elsen announcing for the Jacks as he is so devoted to USD. Additionally if I read the Midco Live schedule correctly , I believe that both the Jacks/USD game will not be televised. I enjoy coming home from Brookings after recording the game and seeing what I missed while in the stands. It is also surprising that the Bison game at USD is not on the TV schedule

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          The South Dakota schools seem to be getting the short end of the stick here. UND gets two announcers for football, and separate announcers for soccer and volleyball. USD and SDSU share Elsen for football, with nobody listed for the other sports.
          Not trying to sound like a USD fan complaining about Zimmer's coverage, but I also think we are overlooking the fact that Elsen has a clear USD bias. Maybe that will change now that he is covering both teams, but in the past he has done a weekly one-on-one interest with Nielson, posts on their fan forum, and his twitter timeline is almost completely USD information. This is all fine obviously, but it would be nice if we had a separate Midco personality dedicated to SDSU coverage.

Comment

I think I missed what happened to Tom Nieman?

David Brown would have been perfect. Not sure why they got rid of him. He was really good doing any event I have seen. Probably my favorite midco announcer.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I think I missed what happened to Tom Nieman?

David Brown would have been perfect. Not sure why they got rid of him. He was really good doing any event I have seen. Probably my favorite midco announcer.
              The video indicated Brown will be doing Augie's pxp

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Not trying to sound like a USD fan complaining about Zimmer's coverage, but I also think we are overlooking the fact that Elsen has a clear USD bias. Maybe that will change now that he is covering both teams, but in the past he has done a weekly one-on-one interest with Nielson, posts on their fan forum, and his twitter timeline is almost completely USD information. This is all fine obviously, but it would be nice if we had a separate Midco personality dedicated to SDSU coverage.
                Tanner Castora?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I wonder if something SF Live/inForum-related could be in the works.

Not that I see Zim covering soccer and volleyball, but maybe contracting with female sports correspondent. I hear Samantha Ponder is available

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Tanner Castora?
                    That would be great. Getting rid of Tanner was a big mistake by KELO. The two young sports reporters they brought in after him are still butchering names after being there over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
                      I agree about David Brown. Not looking forward to hearing Jay Elsen announcing for the Jacks as he is so devoted to USD. Additionally if I read the Midco Live schedule correctly , I believe that both the Jacks/USD game will not be televised. I enjoy coming home from Brookings after recording the game and seeing what I missed while in the stands. It is also surprising that the Bison game at USD is not on the TV schedule
                      The new conference TV deal puts a few games on the ESPN networks. I believe the Marker game is one, and the USD game could be included there as well.

Comment

Elsen is a hack. Either he degrades SDSU on purpose or he is not aware that he does it. Either way it is not good. Maybe he should spend some time with Tyler to see how this sort of thing is done.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          Elsen is a hack. Either he degrades SDSU on purpose or he is not aware that he does it. Either way it is not good. Maybe he should spend some time with Tyler to see how this sort of thing is done.
                          I cant stand the guy. I Will 100% listen to Tyler over watching any game Jay is calling.

Comment

I am willing to hear Elsen out. But hopefully Brown takes basketball.

Comment

I wonder if we will ever find out what happened with Tom Nieman. He did a couple of basketball games after Frisco and then disappeared from the face of the broadcasting world.

Comment

Working...
                              X