• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma State

Draft Kings opened with the Jacks +8

Got 2 tickets, we're heading down

Comment

I see their RB Ollie Gordon just got arrested on DUI charges. I wonder if that will effect his availability for week 1?

Comment

[QUOTE=Jacks86;n541492]Got 2 tickets, we're heading down[/QUOTE

You will want to eat at Eskimo Joes when you’re down there. Local institution

Comment

[QUOTE=yoteforever;n541494]
          Originally posted by Jacks86 View Post
          Got 2 tickets, we're heading down[/QUOTE

Thanks. I haven't been in Stillwater but have been close. With the Jackrabbits Wrestling team a member of the Big 12 and having wrestled OK State for a few years, I wonder what suggestions they may have for lodging and eating.

Comment

[QUOTE=JackJD;n541495]
            Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

Thanks. I haven't been in Stillwater but have been close. With the Jackrabbits Wrestling team a member of the Big 12 and having wrestled OK State for a few years, I wonder what suggestions they may have for lodging and eating.
            ‘It’s a fun place. Local fans won’t rip on you, they’ll want to know more about you. At least that’s been my experience when I e been down there for iowa state basketball games. They’re our kind of people.

That’s going to be an interesting game. Kinda feel that way when we play Wisconsin and NDSU plays Colorado. One of those 3 big schools are going down

Comment

https://eskimojoes.com/about-us/

Comment

Where r u guys getting tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                  Where r u guys getting tickets?
                  We got ours through the Jackrabbit ticket office. If your a season ticket holder then you could purchase them. Not sure if they have any left over.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

[QUOTE=yoteforever;n541494]
                    Originally posted by Jacks86 View Post
                    Got 2 tickets, we're heading down[/QUOTE

Heard same recommendation from Omaha World-Herald writers Sam/Tom/Evan on their weekly podcast (but in ref to NCAA baseball tournament).

Gotta be good, right?

Comment

Not sure of the availability, but it looks like Oklahoma State has their single game tickets go on sale this Friday at 3pm. They have the Arkansas game listed as sold out, so the fact that the SDSU is not listed that way suggests that there should at least be some availability.

Comment

Here's some ticket options
                        :
                        SeatGeek:
                        https://seatgeek.com/oklahoma-state-...1-1-pm/6290419

Stubhub:
                        https://www.stubhub.com/oklahoma-sta...45/?quantity=2
                        “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                          Not sure of the availability, but it looks like Oklahoma State has their single game tickets go on sale this Friday at 3pm. They have the Arkansas game listed as sold out, so the fact that the SDSU is not listed that way suggests that there should at least be some availability.
                          There are a few hundred upper deck seats along the endzone for $50.

Comment

Starting to make plans for this trip. Anybody hearing of any hosted events? Night before or pregame?

Comment

Ready for the trip to Stillwater...locked and loaded on tickets, travel plans etc. I'm not aware of any scheduled pre-game gatherings for Jacks fans. One place consistently recommended by those who have been there: Eskimo Joe's. https://eskimojoes.com/

I just checked the long-range weather forecast on Weather.com.. The forecast only ran through Wednesday, August 28 followed by a statement of the average temp for the following few days. Look at thses numbers...is this a trend? Monday, Aug 26, predicted high of 99; Tuesday, August 27, 103; Wednesday, August 28, 101. As of this morning, for Aug 29, Aug 30 and game day, Aug 31, Weather.com states only the average temp for those days: 91.

Will the team have an opportunity to practice in Brookings in high temps? Nope. The Brookings long-range forecast shows the following: Aug 26, high of 82; Aug 27, 84 and Aug 28, 83. For August 29, 30 and 31,Weather.com states just an average of 77 for each of those days. In recent years, the Jacks have been known for frequent substitution of personnel. While the Cowboys will have 22 more scholarship players, I think we're going to be deep again and will be able to address the hot weather with frequent substitutions. I don't think OSU will have any particular advantage in playing in beastly-hot weather (It's a different story when a team not accustomed to playing in very cold temps meets a team that is adjusted to cold temps).

Us Northern fans, on the other hand, will have to carefully apply cold beverages of one's choice, at frequent intervals during the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X