Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 single game tickets

Hello,

I’m a Jacks fan from South Carolina and have wanted for several years to make the trip to Brookings for a game. The 2024 South Dakota game aligns perfectly with my schedule, as I’m a 30+ year season ticket holder at Clemson and we have an open date on 10/26. I called the SDSU ticket office and was told single game tickets won’t go on sale until some time in August. I’d like to finalize travel plans sooner, if possible, and am wondering if anyone knows of ticket availability prior to August. There’ll be anywhere from 4-8 in my party and we’ll plan to spend a couple days in the area prior to the game and leave the day after. Any suggestions re: tickets, lodging, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

If you have a friend who is a season ticket holder you should contact that friend directly. Single game tickets are usually made available to season ticket holders before they are available to the general public. This game is a likely quick sellout
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Thanks for your response! I don’t know any season ticket holders so I’ll likely be keeping an eye open to the August date for single tickets. Of course, I’ll also be looking for availability beforehand in case a season ticket holder offers tickets for sale.

Any suggestions on lodging? Entertainment? Really looking forward to the trip and taking in the game day environment and fans.

Comment

Brookings has some standard chain hotels...Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc. but I wouldn't wait to book a room. Hotels can fill up fast in Brookings on weekends for big games. I have friends who are Bison fans that couldn't find anything ahead of the November game and they started looking in September. I'd definitely want to stay in Brookings on game night and probably Friday night. If you are flying into Sioux Falls early you could start there by staying downtown and hitting restaurants and breweries there.

Tailgating will start at 9 but won't really pick up steam until 11. Game will be at 2pm.

Places to check out in Brookings:
        Cubby's Sports Bar, Rays Corner, Wild Hare on Friday night and after the game.
        Eponymous Brewing and Wooden Legs Brewing. Wooden Legs starts serving yellow and blue pancakes at 9am on game days -donations go to a local charity. Pairs nicely with a breakfast stout.
        Nicks Hamburgers (National Register). Best sliders since 1929.

If you need Jacks gear check out Jackrabbitcentral.com, the bookstore in the student union will also be open on game day and there is a store in the stadium as well.

Comment

TigerJacks:
          ​​
          An alternative to flying to Sioux Falls is to fly to Watertown which is north and a little closer to Brookings compared to Sioux Falls. Sioux Falls offer’s many flying options compared to Watertown's but there are two good options every day in and out of Watertown: Since you're coming from South Carolina, the best option to/from Watertown is is the one flight a day from and one flight a day to Chicago O’Hare. The inbound flight arrives in Watertown at 4:35 PM; the outbound flight from Watertown to Chicago leaves at 8:45 AM. The planes are 50-seat Embraer Regional Jefts flown by “Denver Air Connection”. DAC has agreements with United and American Airlines so that one’s checked luggage will transfer to and from DAC (DAC is working on similar arrangement with Delta and I think just recently made that agreement).

The second option is the DAC flights in and out of Watertown from Denver. DAC, flies in and out of Watertown every day from/to Denver if your flight from South Carolina takes you to Denver enroute to South Dakota. Same 50-seat ERJ145 jets. In-bound from Denver arrives at 7:35 PM and the outbound to Denver leaves at 5:25 PM. I know the Saturday schedule is different...not certain about the Sunday schedule.

From Watertown’s airport, to SDSU’s stadium is a little less than an hour (from the I-29 entrance at Watertown to the exit at Brookings is about 40-43 minutes – the Watertown airport is about 10-15 minutes westerly of the I-29 entrance ramp).

Watertown has hotels adjacent to the south I-29 on-ramp (Hampton Inn; Holiday Inn Express; Country Inn and Suites; Days Inn and a couple others) and restaurants (national chains Applebee’s; Buffalo Wild Wings; JImmy John’s Subs; Firehouse Subs; and a few other locally-owned restaurants in that area just off I-29. (When Brookings bar/restaurants are jammed after SDSU football games, we will sometimes drive home to Watertown with a stop at the Watertown Buffalo Wild Wings where we've noticed a growing number of Jacks fans from NE South Dakota making the same post-game stop.

Consult Google including Google maps so you can compare travel options offered through Sioux Falls and Watertown.

Comment

I would fly into SF, spend the night downtown Friday, drive up to the game Saturday morning and then either stay in Brookings to take in the debachery after the ass kicking or drive back to SF. Tons of bars and restaurants in downtown SF as well it being close to Halloween. It will be a good time. Tailgating opens 5 hours to kickoff and the drive from SF is about 45 minutes. Pay $10 and park in the backyard tailgating area. Walk around the stadium and take it all in.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
            X