No announcement yet.

GDT: Mercer (12/02/23) ***FCS Championship, 2nd Round***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our other A Johnson 80 yards to the house.

Comment

Attendance 10,171. Most ever for a home playoff game. Simultaneously encouraging and a bit disappointing.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

80 yard TD run by Angel Johnson!

41-0 South Dakota State University Jackrabbits!
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
          My San Diego State count is at 2. Anyone got more?
          My South Dakota Math has that as well.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
            My San Diego State count is at 2. Anyone got more?
            I'm at 2 as well.

Our sports info people need to tell broadcasters that there's a fine involved for screwing up that way...$100 for each infraction, payable to the charity of their choice.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Big hit on kick coverage, then Dautermann with a pick on the next play.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Attendance 10,171. Most ever for a home playoff game. Simultaneously encouraging and a bit disappointing.
                Outstanding breaking 10k. Way to go Jacks fans.

Comment

41-0. Jacks. Final.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I'm at 2 as well.

Our sports info people need to tell broadcasters that there's a fine involved for screwing up that way...$100 for each infraction, payable to the charity of their choice.
                    Or they pay a portion of the $5m FBS fee

Comment

Fun day. Great weather, good crowd. Hope to see more next week.

Jacks were dominant throughout. Mercer is not a bad team but were outmanned on both sides of the ball. Very happy to see the liberal substitutions in the third quarter. Even happier to see offense and defense clicking with the substitutes. Angel is so damn fast.

Bring on the wildcats.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        Fun day. Great weather, good crowd. Hope to see more next week.

Jacks were dominant throughout. Mercer is not a bad team but were outmanned on both sides of the ball. Very happy to see the liberal substitutions in the third quarter. Even happier to see offense and defense clicking with the substitutes. Angel is so damn fast.

Bring on the wildcats.
                        Can't wait for Sat.

Mercer's coach and players were complimentary toward Jacks. I'd have no issue rooting for them in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Can't wait for Sat.

Mercer's coach and players were complimentary toward Jacks. I'd have no issue rooting for them in the future.
                          Agreed.
                          The score notwithstanding, I thought there was a lot of talent, speed and quickness on the Mercer team and the Mercer coaching staff called a pretty good game against the top team in FCS. There were some devastating hits in that game but the Mercer guys were physically tough. As I drove home from the game, I thought about how much better Mercer would have performed if they played a regular-season schedule against the same MVFC and Big Sky teams we play. The components for championship football are in place at Mercer and I expect they will be a regular in future FCS playoffs.

Comment

"Jimmy Rogers Show" morsel y'all might enjoy on Nat'l Cookie Day -- sounds like Jimmy Rogers' dad was ribbin' him re. Mercer's fake punt.

Comment

Boy to listen to Jimmy, it's gonna be a tough one on Saturday.
                              Jacks better run the ball, get ahead, and control the clock

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Agreed.
                                The score notwithstanding, I thought there was a lot of talent, speed and quickness on the Mercer team and the Mercer coaching staff called a pretty good game against the top team in FCS. There were some devastating hits in that game but the Mercer guys were physically tough. As I drove home from the game, I thought about how much better Mercer would have performed if they played a regular-season schedule against the same MVFC and Big Sky teams we play. The components for championship football are in place at Mercer and I expect they will be a regular in future FCS playoffs.
                                Just saw that Cronic, the former Mercer HC, left a couple weeks ago to be Navy's OC.

Comment

Working...
                                X