X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    31-17 Jacks.
    This aged well. Good call.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
      Score prediction

Bison: 17
      Jacks: 1

And today the Bison will take your souls.
      Your soul looks good in that little corner of the SDSU Hall Of Stolen Souls. Hope you won't miss it too much.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hell of a team down there in Brookings, just dominant. Congrats on a beatdown today and thanks to the Jacks fans we sat by for the great hospitality. Was my first time there since 2013 and really impressed by the atmosphere.

Comment

31-17 Jacks.
          Nice pick. That was a very fun game for us Jackrabbits. Good to see the teams come together mid-field before running to The Marker. Better to see blue picking it up.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

Nice pick. That was a very fun game for us Jackrabbits. Good to see the teams come together mid-field before running to The Marker. Better to see blue picking it up.
            Thanks ! When I predicted 31 I was thinking 4 TD's and a field goal, and not the way the Jacks got there yesterday. The offense is going to have to improve on that as play-off season approaches.

Comment

Thanks ! When I predicted 31 I was thinking 4 TD's and a field goal, and not the way the Jacks got there yesterday. The offense is going to have to improve on that as play-off season approaches.
              The Jackrabbits have at least 6 of the 9 wins against Top 25 competition. While I agree that the team find improvement each week, the Jackrabbits have worked through a challenging schedule unblemished. Montana St & SIU are the only single digit games among the 9. I am surprised we did not see any big trick plays against the bison. The bison dug up some of the old Jackrabbit plays which scored their first TD. Miller is the big talent for the bison. The next game is against a Top 25 team on the road which adds to the tough schedule. The coaching staff will be working on this game today and through the week. Go Jacks!!
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The Jackrabbits have at least 6 of the 9 wins against Top 25 competition. While I agree that the team find improvement each week, the Jackrabbits have worked through a challenging schedule unblemished. Montana St & SIU are the only single digit games among the 9. I am surprised we did not see any big trick plays against the bison. The bison dug up some of the old Jackrabbit plays which scored their first TD. Miller is the big talent for the bison. The next game is against a Top 25 team on the road which adds to the tough schedule. The coaching staff will be working on this game today and through the week. Go Jacks!!
                Hopefully the TE's will get more involved in the passing game. After catching 6 in the UNI game, they've only caught 3 in the last 3 games combined. I can't remember a TE getting targeted at all yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

It looked like the play on the first NDSU touchdown was a bit of a payback for Frisco. State almost defended it.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

This game reminded me of how the matchup would go a number of years ago. NDSU would come in and just play their game and we would throw the kitchen sink at them. This game was that only with the roles reversed.

What shocked me more than anything was how NDSU didn’t even want to attempt to play Bison football. I mean when was the first time in that game that they lined up in 22 personnel and ran A-gap power? It wasn’t even really that they tried it and it didn’t work but that it was game planned out before they even hit the field. The Bison of old were “you know what we are going to do, stop us.” Now that team is us.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      This game reminded me of how the matchup would go a number of years ago. NDSU would come in and just play their game and we would throw the kitchen sink at them. This game was that only with the roles reversed.

What shocked me more than anything was how NDSU didn’t even want to attempt to play Bison football. I mean when was the first time in that game that they lined up in 22 personnel and ran A-gap power? It wasn’t even really that they tried it and it didn’t work but that it was game planned out before they even hit the field. The Bison of old were “you know what we are going to do, stop us.” Now that team is us.
                      NDSU did give us their best shot. Cam Miller particularly came to play. He's not the most accurate passer, but he knows how to use his legs and is a gamer. The Bison faithful are down on him but imagine what the team would look like if he were hurt?

NDSU's offense looked ok running their first 15 or 20 plays, which I assume were scripted. The Bison faithful and especially the always well reasoned and rational crowd at Bisonville are obviously down on Entz and Roehl but they might have a point. Why not stick with what was working? Once the script was read, Roehl's play calling got pretty predictable and NDSU had a much harder time running the ball. NDSU has talent. The coaching staff just might be getting in their way.

Comment

Shouldn't have to worry about the defense being motivated for the Youngstown game on Saturday. The award winners for the NDSU game were named and there is no defensive player of the week.

Comment

Working...
                        X