Bison week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison week.

I think we’re going to see a great football game—at least for the first half. But, the Bison does not appear to have the personnel to hang on for two halves. Jacks win by more than 20.

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I think we’re going to see a great football game—at least for the first half. But, the Bison does not appear to have the personnel to hang on for two halves. Jacks win by more than 20.
    I've heard multiple mentions of injuries to starters. I'll be using my Forum/Republic subscription to try to verify that.

Hope your score prediction is accurate

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I've heard multiple mentions of injuries to starters. I'll be using my Forum/Republic subscription to try to verify that.

Hope your score prediction is accurate
      One of their starting safeties will miss the first half because of a targeting call.

Comment

Bison fans seem incredibly apathetic on Bisonville. For some reason that worries more more then when they are confident. We should win by 10+ if the guys play up to their abilities, but a slow start like against USD could give us trouble if the Bison come out swinging.

Hoping for something along the lines of 31-17.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

One of their starting safeties will miss the first half because of a targeting call.
          Knew about Jung, their safety, but DT Will Mostaert's injury was one of the rumors, which McFeely confirmed. DB Sheppard's shoulder injury was confirmed in postgame show, but sounds like Entz suggested Sheppard may be able to play

Comment

Personally, more worried about these guys than I was last weekend. That's a proud group up there, and they will be playing the "nobody believes in us" card all week.

And they do have talented players.

Jackrabbits need to be ready. We're going to get everything they have.

Comment

We aren't afraid anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                We aren't afraid anymore.
                Hoping the fans "are" whatever it takes to exceed the disruption they helped wreak during game versus 'cats
                Last edited by jakejc795; 10-30-2023, 11:41 AM.

Comment

The Jackrabbits arent going to win forever. Combine that with the fact that SDSU spoiled NDSU unbeaten regular seasons in 2007, 2016, 2017 and 2021, and that makes for one nervous Rowdyrabbit leading up to this game.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Who cares about records and what USD and UND did to NDSU. They are 8 games removed from a national championship game. I don't know what's going on in Fargo, but maybe aside from MtSU, this is the most talented team, personnel wise, that we will face. It's a team that still deserves respect and it is capable of winning this weekend. Don't let them hang around. Don't wait until the second quarter to get into the game. Hit them early and hit them hard and it'll be over. But let them get a few blows in it could be a slugfest.

Comment

The NDSU rush defense will be key. Currently Allowing 120 yds/game. If we can't get 150+ yds on the ground, losing one or two turnovers will keep NDSU in the game, and we'll have a dogfight. Short of Montana State, we haven't been in a situation where we had to rely on the pass. Let hope we don't fall into that situation.
                      2023 Football - Overall Statistics - Missouri Valley Football Conference (valley-football.org)

Dare I say I have a similar feeling to post-UNI. We almost played too well against JSD. If it were anyone but NDSU, I'd be worried about focus and hunger.

Comment

Found this important memo from the National Park Service correcting one of their posters. Always good to stay up to date on current safety protocols around bison.

LargeBisonSign_3.png

*Disclaimer: This is not smack talk, as it is an official US government document. If there are any concerns, email NPS director - Chuck F. Sams III, or his boss-boss-boss, President Joe Biden.

Comment

That being said, I obviously do agree with others that Bison will be coming in hungry, and have had a relatively easy couple weeks following their absolute embarrassment in Grand Forks. I'm curious if they are actually going to be making adjustments (i.e. - 5 man defensive front or something) to throw a wrinkle in things, or try to just out-muscle the Jacks in the trenches as most NDSU-SDSU games end up. It's hard to know what actually this Bison team is. They have stretches of brilliance, then completely fall back to earth. Bison have ZERO now-ranked STATS top 25 wins on the season (maybe 1 with a very borderline Central Arkansas who is an enigma as well), and two absolute clunkers against USD/UND who are both in the top-15 still.

From what I've seen from the Bison this year, give them a good hard blow or two (or three...), and they will likely lose their fight. They don't seem to have the same fighting pride that their teams of old have been founded on. Let them hang in there? Well, obviously anything can happen.

Weather at this point looks to be pretty good - dry and 44 degrees, with a <10 mph wind out of the west, though mostly cloudy. Should be a full and engaged crowd ready to cheer on the Jacks after their "extended" road trip for two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                            Who cares about records and what USD and UND did to NDSU. They are 8 games removed from a national championship game. I don't know what's going on in Fargo, but maybe aside from MtSU, this is the most talented team, personnel wise, that we will face. It's a team that still deserves respect and it is capable of winning this weekend. Don't let them hang around. Don't wait until the second quarter to get into the game. Hit them early and hit them hard and it'll be over. But let them get a few blows in it could be a slugfest.
                            I'd like to see objective rankings of the Valley teams, as I think an argument could be made that UNI and the Salukis would at least equal them for talent, but I agree the Jacks shouldn't (and won't) overlook them.

Comment

Coach Rogers mentioned on today's radio show that multiple players on Bison roster were recruited by Jacks including:
                              • QB Cam Miller
                              • RB TK Marshall
                              • S Cole Wisniewski
                              I was aware of Miller, but I'd never heard the other two were (or at least didn't recall it being reported).

Comment

Working...
                              X