X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like Patrick Lalley could use some Hobo Crunch and a hug

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

JSD: Just South Dakota. Something I saw on Twitter.

WLST: Correct.
      Nebraska Lite isn't a bad one either. A lot going on there

Comment

Fact: NDSU has made its championship runs due to the playoffs running through the Fargo Dome. This has happened because they have beat every team in the MVFC on a regular basis other than SDSU. The rest of the conference needs to beat them on a regular basis to get the Bison on the road for playoffs. Do not care which school you are, it is just tougher to make it the NC if you are on the road. With regionalization of playoffs, going to the Fargo Dome is always in play for SDSU. I was happy USD beat the Bison. Does that make me a Coyote fan? Absolutely not. They are definitely a rival where I live as I have more friends that are USD fans then NDSU fans, including a former Charlie the Coyote from the 80s. Both are rivals. My numbers show that SDSU is 23-5 (8-2 FCS) since 1990. Someone above had it 20-5. Either way, the win column needs to go up after the game. As for the game, SDSU needs to clean up the penalties. I was told that only 5 teams in FCS have more penalties then SDSU. GO JACKS!

Comment

So to me the biggest game between these two schools occurred on October 19, 1985 on Hobo Day when 16,193 spectators packed Coughlin Alumni Stadium. More fans attended this game than will attend Saturday's game. At the time USD had an 11 game winning streak and was ranked No. 1 in the country. Jacks came out and stunned the Yotes 24-12. Here is a You Tube clip from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kWheeyjr2s

I was at that game and it was wonderful.

Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I was at that game in 1985. Bruce Klosterman (sp?) just destroyed the Coyote running back early in the game deep in Coyote territory. Set the tone for the game. And as you say, it was wonderful.

Comment

Sioux Falls Live is pumping out a TON of content this week on tomorrow's matchup. Pretty interesting for a younger(ish) guy like me, who didn't live through the height of the rivalry back in the day. I didn't realize it was very common several decades ago for State-U games to be played twice a year.

Comment

I remember that. Both teams were pretty mediocre. Twice each season, one conference, one non-conference. Not sure if they still do it, but they used to lock down the whole campus the weekends we played Augie or USD in football and basketball.

​​​​​​Thinking back though we had three NFL guys on the team. Doug Miller, Vinatieri, and Adam Timmerman. Vinni was a better punter than place kicker at that point in his career.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

While we are being nostalgic, I was in school during the end of the DII era. Pre-SDSU, I didn't have a dog in the fight. To me, it was like any casual high school rivalry. In the run up to the DI transition, the snootiness and "how dare they" attitude directed at SDSU by USD alum and students made my blood boil. Anyone remember how USD (or JSD) put academics first, cared about students, and were going to become the "Ivy of the Plains"? Whereas SDSU only cared about sports, money, and was shuffling kids through with BA's in beer pong? Ironically, JSD got minimal scrutiny going D1 a couple years later. I guess that's the cost of being a trailblazer/leader. (Can't tell I'm still hanging on to old grudges.)

It felt so good to give them one last piss pounding before going D1. And then when little brother decided to join us, Sumner/Zenner gave them a nice welcome back. A little reminder of where they stand.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                    While we are being nostalgic, I was in school during the end of the DII era. Pre-SDSU, I didn't have a dog in the fight. To me, it was like any casual high school rivalry. In the run up to the DI transition, the snootiness and "how dare they" attitude directed at SDSU by USD alum and students made my blood boil. Anyone remember how USD (or JSD) put academics first, cared about students, and were going to become the "Ivy of the Plains"? Whereas SDSU only cared about sports, money, and was shuffling kids through with BA's in beer pong? Ironically, JSD got minimal scrutiny going D1 a couple years later. I guess that's the cost of being a trailblazer/leader. (Can't tell I'm still hanging on to old grudges.)

It felt so good to give them one last piss pounding before going D1. And then when little brother decided to join us, Sumner/Zenner gave them a nice welcome back. A little reminder of where they stand.
                    As one who's fortunate to have an awesome "little" brother (who's about a half foot taller than me), can we agree to refer to them as yelping curs, mangy whelps, etc. instead?

Comment

Blue helmets with a white rabbit tomorrow. I am ready for 1 pm tomorrow! https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy6ol...M2dGh1YWF3eQ==
                      Last edited by GoJacks2011; 10-27-2023, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Is there a watch party in rapid city?

Comment

Thirsty's is the gathering place for the West River Jacks. There will be a sizable group of Jacks fans there and pry some USD fans. Good burgers and tap list.

It is pathetic that the Jacks don't have a West River radio affiliate. USD does, which seems odd.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                            Blue helmets with a white rabbit tomorrow. I am ready for 1 pm tomorrow! https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy6ol...M2dGh1YWF3eQ==
                            And blue face masks, which are new. Could be an all blue kind of day.

Comment

USD is a little like Sacramento state close to where I live now. The seven years previous to 2019, Sacramento State won 31 games… 4.4 games per year. The last three years excluding 2020 as the season was canceled… They won 30 games… 10 games per year. They had new very good coaches and now it appears Coach Davis really has USeD pumped. But I still think in big games the jacks are going to win out against the upstart….wear them down!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X