GDT: Northern Iowa (10/14/23) ***Hobo Day***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

The kick returner was out of bounds. The ball was clearly in bounds when it was caught. It was pulled out of bounds by the returner. I don't know what the rules state for such a situation. It looked like a bad call to me.
    You would think that if the ball crosses the goal line in-bounds that it should be a touch back. On the stadium replay it appeared that the ball went inside the pylon.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

You would think that if the ball crosses the goal line in-bounds that it should be a touch back. On the stadium replay it appeared that the ball went inside the pylon.
      Guess I never saw the view that suggested Buntin fielded it inside the pylon.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

The kick returner was out of bounds. The ball was clearly in bounds when it was caught. It was pulled out of bounds by the returner. I don't know what the rules state for such a situation. It looked like a bad call to me.
        Being out of bounds actually made it a savvy play by him. There's a stinky Cheese compilation of the Packers doing this.

Comment

That would explain why the kick returner delayed catching the ball, stepped out of bounds and then caught the ball. No question had he not the ball would've crossed the goal line inside the pylon.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

The concern of those fearing Hobo Day diversion for the players was not warranted. The staff and players seem to have a great focus thus far into the season. The 460+ yards of offense with another 40 points is amazing. The 40 yards of rushing for the Panthers was great as well for the defense. The ticket sales for this season illustrate the potential to fill DJD when there is a great team. The concern of too big is not surfacing this season. Enjoy the season.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Being out of bounds actually made it a savvy play by him. There's a stinky Cheese compilation of the Packers doing this.
              Jake is correct! Very good play by the returner. I was actually just talking about that with my dad in the stands prior to that play, as I felt the Jacks were close to being able to take advantage of that same rule earlier in the game had the returner attempted it. I'm pretty discouraged with Dustman's kickoff game this year, far too many out of bounds or close enough to it... kicking game is still the main glaring issue for the team. Nice to see all XP's and FG's successfully converted though, props for that this week.

Was beyond fantastic to see the Jacks take care of business against UNI on Hobo Day! Absolutely awesome game. The stretch of 5-straight turnovers for both teams was very odd, had me and everyone around us shaking our heads in disbelief. Stands were nice and dry, but must have been from the grounds crew trying to ice the field overnight like last years' semifinal...........

Comment

Props to the 605 Hogs for handling UNI's #99 (their nose tackle). That guy was a beast in the middle. Once he started putting his hands on his hips, we got the upper hand in the run game.

As odd as seeing 7 turnovers was, great effort by both defenses to make them happen. Gales' INT was especially nice to see. As good as he is, I feel like he can be overlooked because of the INT stat line.

Onto next week.... this game was too complete. I'm struggling to find areas to improve in. We don't need a letdown game after the Hobo Day high.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                  Onto next week.... this game was too complete. I'm struggling to find areas to improve in. We don't need a letdown game after the Hobo Day high.
                  Or overlooking SIU while looking ahead to perhaps the biggest matchup between these teams in Vermillion in who knows how long?

Comment

I think that the way our coach is wired makes it highly unlikely that any opponent will be overlooked or looked past.

Comment

Chase Van Tol's tackle was mentioned during tonight's Jimmy Rogers Show, leading to an intersting segue where Rogers mentioned using redshirts for four regular season games up to four playoff games (Tilford and Voorhees were a couple others)

Comment

Working...
                      X