• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Northern Iowa (10/14/23) ***Hobo Day***

#ChuckThePigskin

#StuffThePigskin

#BreakTheCurse
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Most complete game we have played all year. No Hobo Day curse. That was a great showing and we cleaned a lot of things up from weeks prior. Keep progressing!

Comment

Great win but dang it seems like this place is dead and most have pivoted to various Facebook and Reddit groups

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
        Great win but dang it seems like this place is dead and most have pivoted to various Facebook and Reddit groups
        Which Facebook groups ?

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
          No kidding.

Comment

Is there another forum? I'm not a reddit user but I am on FB. I don't see anything there.

Comment

Still more people here than at a USD game.

Comment

I suspect that the regulars on this board are either 1) part of another sellout crowd at DJD Stadium; 2) watching the game on TV; 3) listening to Tyler Merriam on the Jackrabbit network.

Comment

Pretty awesome Hobo Day game, from the flyover to the final whistle.

If anyone's wondering about UNI WR Ellis-Leahy's condition, he was reportedly knocked out but cleared to return with the team after the game

Comment

Was at the game. That being said, I do think you may be right that people are on multi-purpose platforms. Also. While I love this site....Bisonville is soooooooooo entertaining right now
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      Was at the game. That being said, I do think you may be right that people are on multi-purpose platforms. Also. While I love this site....Bisonville is soooooooooo entertaining right now
                      Bisonville has been top tier entertainment this season thus far.

Comment

Maybe its just me but seeing sdsu in the banana pants is my all time favorite. Sure beats those stupid black uniforms. Anyway. I was working so could only catch a few glimpses of the game. Was it raining or anything to cause so many fumbles?
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Maybe its just me but seeing sdsu in the banana pants is my all time favorite. Sure beats those stupid black uniforms. Anyway. I was working so could only catch a few glimpses of the game. Was it raining or anything to cause so many fumbles?
                          I wonder if there was some lingering moisture on the field that at least partially contributed to the Panthers' fumbling in particular, albeit it not enough to lead to players slipping.

Heins' and Gronowski's fumbles were due to the ball being punched out (it flew almost 20yds after being forced) and the way the ball was being carried (visible beginning at 1:02:32 mark of replay), respectively.

Comment

Viewing live, I thought (2:02:24 mark of replay) UNI KR Buntin was in bounds when he fielded punt, but the Midco angles seems to show that it was close, but his one foot seemed clearly "on the stripe"

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              Viewing live, I thought (2:02:24 mark of replay) UNI KR Buntin was in bounds when he fielded punt, but the Midco angles seems to show that it was close, but his one foot seemed clearly "on the stripe"
                              The kick returner was out of bounds. The ball was clearly in bounds when it was caught. It was pulled out of bounds by the returner. I don't know what the rules state for such a situation. It looked like a bad call to me.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X