No announcement yet.

GDT: North Dakota (09/30/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went below the stands at half time to catch some of that fantastic breeze. On the highlights there was a camera on the goal line, looking directly at the play. They didn't show that angel in the stadium.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      I went below the stands at half time to catch some of that fantastic breeze. On the highlights there was a camera on the goal line, looking directly at the play. They didn't show that angel in the stadium.
      Did it look like a TD?

Comment

The thought was run defense is the strength of UNDs defenses. It is not. It felt like the only reason we had to throw was just to give our backs a break.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          The thought was run defense is the strength of UNDs defenses. It is not. It felt like the only reason we had to throw was just to give our backs a break.
          Heard all week that their 3 man front had caused us problems in the past, but it certainly didn't seem to yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Heard all week that their 3 man front had caused us problems in the past, but it certainly didn't seem to yesterday.
            How about that call to go for it on 4th and 1 in Jacks territory?

Tyler asked Coach Rogers about it postgame, and Jimmy said "scared money don't make money"

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

How about that call to go for it on 4th and 1 in Jacks territory?

Tyler asked Coach Rogers about it postgame, and Jimmy said "scared money don't make money"
              Jimmy "Bubba'd" Bubba
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

Jimmy "Bubba'd" Bubba
                "Rogers' that"; good buddy. Yee haw

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Did it look like a TD?
                  It looked like he fumbled it, but I am biased.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post

It looked like he fumbled it, but I am biased.
                    I watched the replay (play begins at 00:46:31), and the angles were still inconclusive. I can see why the call "stood," but I'd still like cameras showing east/west angles at end zone boundaries.

What irked me was that the linesman didn't seem signal TD until after Vaughn had lost possession. I can only hope that he was reacting to the opposite official who theoretically had a less obstructed view, but the head linesman (lineswoman in this case) never seemed to signal TD.

Comment

I was in the stadium for the game and recorded the game so that I could watch the game again this morning. At the end of the game yesterday, a friend and I agreed that we were just the better team in all aspects of the game. UND didn't really screw anything up but I thought they were outmatched. Watching the replay this morning strongly confirmed what I just wrote.

I expected to see the 11/12 ranked visitors to live up to their ranking. I expected more from UND's quarterback, Schuster. I thought I'd see the 3-4 defense slow us down. I thought we'd win but I thought it would be a battle,, at least in the first half. But it was clear from the opening kickoff that my pregame concerns were unfounded. UND should dump their defensive scheme. Their opponents the remainder of the season will study the video of yesterday's game and see how running the ball down their throats neutered the blitzes and most of the UND defensive effort.

Other teams have learned over the years that Isaiah Davis cannot be stopped if a would-be tackler is trying to grab him anywhere above the waist. The defender will get shucked off, hit in the face with a stiff arm (no real highlight-film-worthy stiff arms in this game as we've seen from prior games) or dragged for five yards. Watch the terrible tackling effort of UND, particularly when trying to take on Davis.

I thought there was one highlight-reel play by UND, a Schuster pass to 6' 6" wide receiver Elijah Klein, #16, late in the first quarter. Klein was running next to the sideline with a Jackrabbit defender stuck to his uniform and he tipped, juggled and hauled in a pass that was good for a 19 yard gain. Very athletic, focused and entertaining reception.

Nice game by the Jacks players and coaches!
                      Last edited by JackJD; 10-01-2023, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Elijah made a very good catch there. It was impressive. There were several plays by UND on offense & defense that were very good. UND is a strong and talented team that should be in the playoffs.

Schuster played well but had no time. A lesser QB would've been sacked/thrown INTs multiple times, reference USD last season. The key was States's O-line and LB corp. UND D-line was pushed off the line consistently. Their offense could not run against our linebackers.

Again, UND is a good team, State is better. Happy to hear Jimmy after the game saying he was proud of the team, especially the O-line (the fat boys were magnificent). And yet be unhappy with the way the game ended. High and achievable standards.

The team is improving every week. Barring injury, I don't see ... .

Some things are better left unsaid.

Last thought, UND fans wearing Sioux logos, really? Get over it.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Is Graham Goering hurt ? Didn't see him on offense or returning kicks

Comment

Working...
                          X