X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimmer's post-mortem: https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sport...rned-touchdown

Comment

• Originally posted by jbjack View Post
      I wonder what it would cost to have Midco add a couple endzone and sideline cameras to give better replay angles.

Comment

• A pretty good highlight video from the Bloodbloods - I believe Zach. Seeing footage right off the sideline like that really reinforces how fast and violent these two teams played. Fun to listen to the crowd, and get to see a lot of the chippiness from both sides from these angles.

Comment

• Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
          A pretty good highlight video from the Bloodbloods - I believe Zach. Seeing footage right off the sideline like that really reinforces how fast and violent these two teams played. Fun to listen to the crowd, and get to see a lot of the chippiness from both sides from these angles.
          The constant crowd noise throughout the entire video was unbelievable ! Had a great shot of the stiff arm destroying the advertising board.

Comment

• 10:33 gives me goosebumps...
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The constant crowd noise throughout the entire video was unbelievable ! Had a great shot of the stiff arm destroying the advertising board.
              I listened to Hot Mic with Dom Izzo and he was doubting it was that loud (40:15 mark of 9/11 episode), although he also doubted the "TD" was incomplete.

Might need to amend my DJD wishlist to include decibel meters and a few more sideline and endzone cameras

Comment

• Izzo is a click-baiter and and a complete homer, with the fake schtick of being non-biased. He is a detriment to Forum Communications and has been for years.

He is the reason I won't subscribe to the Mitchell paper or Sioux Falls Live. Love Zimmer's content, won't subsidize his content to pay for Izzo's drivel.

Comment

• Interview with Montana State's radio guy, Keaton Gillogly - Brent Vigen, Sean Chambers, and Nolan Askelson. Interview starts around 12 minute mark. Very complimentary of the crowd in particular.

Too long; didn't listen:

Vigen:
                  13:00 - process of post-game analysis, first time coming together on Monday morning, preparing for next game
                  15:30 - Explanation for why Scottrey Humphrey only got 1 carry, short yardage performance

16:30 - False starts, how do they clean that up in practice - Noise was certainly a factor. Chambers has to be louder. Implement noise in practice more. Vigen: "That was quite an environment. You know, when you're down in that end with their students, it was quite a bit different than the other end. We just happened to be down in that end a lot more for whatever reason, that's just kind of the way the game played out." MSU radio broadcast shut off crowd microphone, there was enough just coming through their own headset microphones. Haven't faced a road game with a crowd like this since Missoula 2 years ago. Oregon State didn't even match it, though likely because the game wasn't too competitive.
                  19:00 - Vigen comments on the ref crew being from MVFC, overseen by Big 10. Certainly disappointed the final call didn't go their way, but didn't make it an excuse. Hoping for more angles, better quality camera work in playoff games in particular though (preach, man... us too). Said he was hoping limited technology would prevail for them during the review, though said it shouldn't have come down to one play like that.

24:30 - Special teams - Brendan Hall with his first 3 FG's of his collegiate career, and pinned us deep a couple times on punts. 15/15 on kickoffs for touchbacks already this year. Their previous two kickers moved on in February last year - one transferring to UCLA, one to pursue a professional career. Focus immediately went to finding a punter. Brendan was dissatisfied with what was going on at SMU, a mechanical engineering student, fit in well for the Bobcats. FG range of 60+ in the right weather conditions.
                  27:00 - Defense. Holding SDSU scoreless in 1st half very impressive. DL was disruptive up front right away. SDSU made some plays out of halftime and put points up... but the defense did force two huge 3 and outs in the 4th quarter. Discussion on Dru Polidore, Sophomore Safety from Air Force. Discussion on linebackers, Junior - McCade O'Rielly particularly.
                  30:50 - Fan questions: "You said this is a very good team. What are some of the benchmarks that you would see when this team is a great team?"
                  - "How do you feel like you can find more balance on the offensive side?"

Chambers:
                  38:20 - Jumps right into emotional rollercoaster of the overturned call. Chambers: "I mean, it was crazy. What I thought was cool, was when they threw the touchdown signal up, the whole entire stadium went silent... finally... So, I thought that was cool. It was kind of something out of a movie I guess, it was kind of a dream. And obviously the heartbreak when referee came on and told us it was overturned. And the way they did it too, was just kind of heartbreaking... he came on and said we have one second left on the clock..... and the pass is incomplete. I don't know, that was kind of strange to do it like that. It was a rollercoaster of emotions, and a hard fought game. That's kind of what we want though, we want to play in those tough games where we're going out there, competing against the best. We embraced it. Unfortunately we came up short, but we know we can play with those guys, and we're excited for the rest of the season here."

40:45 - How did that crowd compare to your days in the Mountain West? - "Definitely near the top of the list for sure, their fans were engaged the whole game - that's what you want out of your fanbase, to be engaged. I know our fans do a great job when opposing offenses are on the field, they make it really hard for them. That's what they did for us, or at least they tried to. They did a good job, so a tip of the cap to them".
                  41:20 - Gillogly geeking out a bit over actually auctioning off a steer.
                  41:45 - Injury in the semifinal game last year, what happened. Didn't get into specifics, but something certainly went wrong with his foot.
                  42:50 - Captain at Wyoming for 3 years, captain this year at Montana State. Discussion on his leadership style, and his dad who game him a great example of leadership.
                  44:40 - Chambers' interview with the QB Room. Vigen's coaching/recruiting style of open honesty.
                  46:30 - Stetson discussion for the coming game.

Askelson:
                  51:00 - 6th season in program as LB. Discuss transition from previous coach, Choate, to Vigen.
                  56:10 - More McCade O'Rielly discussion.
                  57:50 - 1st half - LB corps were flying around, not playing scared. Front 4 got after them, taking up two blocks a piece. Makes the LB's job easy.
                  50:30 - Stetson discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
                    Interview with Montana State's radio guy, Keaton Gillogly - Brent Vigen, Sean Chambers, and Nolan Askelson. Interview starts around 12 minute mark. Very complimentary of the crowd in particular.

Too long; didn't listen:

Vigen:

16:30 - False starts, how do they clean that up in practice - Noise was certainly a factor. Chambers has to be louder. Implement noise in practice more. Vigen: "That was quite an environment. You know, when you're down in that end with their students, it was quite a bit different than the other end. We just happened to be down in that end a lot more for whatever reason, that's just kind of the way the game played out." MSU radio broadcast shut off crowd microphone, there was enough just coming through their own headset microphones. Haven't faced a road game with a crowd like this since Missoula 2 years ago. Oregon State didn't even match it, though likely because the game wasn't too competitive.
                    Thank you for sharing this and the summary.

Re. the reason they had to play toward south endzone -- Rogers indicated in multiple interviews that he deliberately made that decision after coin toss.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Thank you for sharing this and the summary.

Re. the reason they had to play toward south endzone -- Rogers indicated in multiple interviews that he deliberately made that decision after coin toss.
                      I had heard Rogers say that too, so I smirked a bit when I heard Vigen say that. Great job students, again! And to be compared at all to a crowd in the Brawl of the Wild game is a wild complement in itself, especially for our generally conservatively muted fanbase.

Comment

• Mellott didn't play Saturday in MSU's stomping of Stetson. Chambers had 5 rushes for 55 yards and two TDs. No let up.

Comment

Working...
                        X